Revive Orbs being used unintentionally

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: BrettM.9062

BrettM.9062

My characters generally carry a couple of revive orbs strictly for emergency use, such as when I’m all lone in some remote corner of a map and don’t want to waypoint far away and repeat the trek to get where I’m going. I will usually, however, prefer to waypoint since the orbs are kind of expensive.

I have been having a problem, though, since the revive orb was added as an option on screen when defeated. It sometimes seems to activate without my intent when I would rather waypoint. I think it may be related to clicking on my #3 downed skill, which I tend to do while channeling the #1 skill, and the click seems to carry through to the defeated option to use an orb.

Whatever is causing it, though, needs to stop. I can’t afford to keep replacing the darned things. Even adding an “are you sure” prompt would be better than suddenly finding myself on my feet again in a situation where I will immediately go back down to defeat.

Posted by: Archranis.2375

Archranis.2375

I would like them to do something similar to what they did with the “compact” inventory (which provides an option to locate the “compact” menu item to the bottom of the list if you have a tendency to accidentally select it). They could do something similar for the revive orb: Add an option whether or not choosing revive orb is displayed when you are downed. Problem solved once and for all, and works for everyone.

[JUGs] Just Us Grownups — http://jugs-guild.com
Contacts: Archranis.2375 // Neksis Syxx.6983

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Even adding an “are you sure” prompt would be better than suddenly finding myself on my feet again in a situation where I will immediately go back down to defeat.

Add an option whether or not choosing revive orb is displayed when you are downed. Problem solved once and for all, and works for everyone.

Since it’s going to consume an expensive item a prompt would be the most sensible and obvious option to have. But also having an option to not even having that item at all would be good.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

As an awkward and temporary work-around, you could keep a Bank Access Express in inventory and leave the orbs in your bank — takes an extra click or two to avoid any chance of accidental use.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: BrettM.9062

BrettM.9062

As an awkward and temporary work-around, you could keep a Bank Access Express in inventory and leave the orbs in your bank — takes an extra click or two to avoid any chance of accidental use.

Yes, I had considered that, and I usually carry some of those around too. But then using an orb takes TWO gem store items, though the bank access is relatively cheap compared to the orbs. Can you say ka-ching? ANet can!

I like the suggestion for an option to remove orbs from the defeated menu.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Oh, I wasn’t suggesting purchasing a BAE — that’s way too much money for a work-around. (And no, ANet’s really bad at saying “ka-ching” — if they wanted to sell extra gem shop stuff, there are lots of more efficient ways.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”