Right-click invite/join party

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: dbgamer.3407

dbgamer.3407

Most of the time (I’d say 75%+) when I right click on someone’s name in the chat window, I am unable to invite or join someone’s party, even the person I’m inviting is not in a party.

The most recent instance of this was last night, in LA, I had 2 people in my group, and tried to invite a guildy to a group I had going by right clicking on their name in the chat window. No option to invite the person appeared, despite repeated right clicks, and regardless of their name’s position in the chat window (even after it was moved up a number of spaces).

This happens all the time.

Arkenell of Fort Aspenwood

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: theguildless.1386

theguildless.1386

Was the third player showing up as “Offline” when your cursor hovered over his name? As far as I know, it only gives you the option to party up if the person is considered online.

Now, the person was of course online since he was chatting. That’s because the player’s status displayed in the chat box doesn’t update automatically, and so you have to open the Guild window to “refresh” that (or your friends’ list if the person happens to be on there). Once it’s done, the player should show up as online and you can right-click and have all the options.

Don’t know if that’s what was happening, but that happens to me all the time.

Always question your assumptions.
Tarnished Coast