Ring of Red Death (Ascended ring)

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Empire Trini.2536

Empire Trini.2536

Hi,

I’ve just used 25 laurels and 250 badges of honor to buy my second Ring of Red Death to use on my ranger. But the problem is that it is not letting me use it on my second ring slot (my first is the Ring of Red Death also).

Is this some bug because I think it’s really annoying that I just spent a lot on these items to turn out that I can’t use them.

Any help or clarity Arenanet would help a lot.

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

The ring is unique, meaning you can only have one equipped. (Unless you infuse one of the rings, so it counts as a distinct item.)

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unique

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

Empire you should file a support ticket. In the past support has help players resolve this issue.

This is something that should really be fixed on A-Net’s end.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

Posted by: Zedd.8239

Zedd.8239

^ Support might be able to refund laurels and destroy the ring that Empire purchased (skeptical that they’ll do much). And ANet should probably clarify what “unique” means in-game. However, you cannot equip two of the same items that are stated as being unique. This isn’t a bug. It’s the design of the “unique” tag on items.

If you want to wear two ascended rings/trinkets with the same stats, you can accomplish this in two ways. Infuse one of the rings (as Jeffrey mentioned above) or wear one of the alternative rings with a different type of infusion slot (i.e., buy a ring with an offensive infusion slot and one with a defensive infusion slot). In this case, the Crystalline Band (defensive infusion slot) and Red Ring of Death (offensive infusion slot) would accomplish this. Both rings are power, precision, crit damage and have the same stats.

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Posted by: Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

why was this item’s name changed?

Posted by: carlobarletta.5638

carlobarletta.5638

Hello Jeffrey,
The same thing has happened to me. I’m irritated. There is no warning. I’ll wait until I get the laurels to infuse one of the rings – better please send an upgrade infusion to my account.

Thank you.