Ring of Red Death

Ring of Red Death

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: carlobarletta.5638

carlobarletta.5638

Hello ArenaNet Support Staff,

I bought a second Ring of Red Death for my ranger character for 35 laurels and was unable to equip the ring.

I looked online for an answer to this problem and found that another user (Empire Trini.2536) had this same problem. ArenaNet Content Designer Jeffrey Vaughn responded to the user stating: “The ring is unique, meaning you can only have one equipped. (Unless you infuse one of the rings, so it counts as a distinct item).”

I commented on this feed that the same thing had happened to me and I was frustrated that there was no warning, but that I would wait to obtain more laurels so I could purchase an infusion for one of the rings (though also noting that I would prefer that ArenaNet just send me an infusion so the ring would work).

I then obtained 5 more laurels and spent the 5 laurels and 125 Badges of Honor to purchase a Mighty WvW Infusion. I infused one of the rings and then attempted to equip both rings. Still, only one would equip!

I would greatly appreciate being refunded the laurels used to purchase the second Ring of Red Death (on the previous feed, one user noted that ArenaNet does make similar types of refunds). With the refunded laurels I can purchase a Crystalline Band, which has the same properties as the Ring of Red Death.

Thanks you very much for your help on this matter.

Ring of Red Death

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Wrong kind of Infusion. ‘Infuse your ring’, not add an Infusion upgrade to the slot. You would need to infuse your ring this way: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Forge/Equipment#Infusions I believe.

You can, of course, contact CS, but since Ascended items are now Account-bound, I don’t believe they are replacing/refunding any longer.

Good luck.

Ring of Red Death

carlobarletta.5638

Thank you for the response, but I don’t see how a forged infusion (which I believe is also used in the infusion slot) would work differently. Those forged infusions have agony resistance but are really expensive to craft.

ArenaNet please clarify, and thank you very much.

Ring of Red Death

Inculpatus cedo.9234

As stated above, if you desire an individualized response, you can contact CS. The Devs on the forums wouldn’t necessarily have access to the tools for what you desire.

Good luck.

Ring of Red Death

Posted by: Menttu.6237

Menttu.6237

Infusing a ring means upgrading it into a new item, not adding infusion like you would add a sigil to a weapon. Infusing a ring gives the ring a new infusion slot to go along with the old offensive/defensive slot. Put certain items + the ring into mystic forge and out comes a new ring with new property.
Non-infused ring: 1 slot for offensive/defensive infusion
Infused ring: 2 slots, offensive/defensive + agony resistance
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infused_equipment

And yes I agree that this part of the rings is not clear enough in-game.

Ring of Red Death

Posted by: Malganis.7468

Malganis.7468

I’ve never once thought about equipping two of the same ring, but I guess its because I dont have the berzerker mentality.

Legion of Honour [XIII]: http://operationunion.enjin.com/home
Tarnished Coast

Ring of Red Death

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

I’ve never once thought about equipping two of the same ring, but I guess its because I dont have the berzerker mentality.

You don’t need a “berzerker” mentality to think that. Many people want to have the same stats on both of their accessories or rings. This is why two different accessories/rings with the same stats, except one with an offensive and one with a defensive infusion slot, exist.

Having two of the same anything doesn’t mean you’re a “berzerker.”

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

Ring of Red Death

Posted by: Malganis.7468

Malganis.7468

True, Ark, but 99% of the reports on this forum about this issue involve someone buying 2 of the “red ring of death.”

Legion of Honour [XIII]: http://operationunion.enjin.com/home
Tarnished Coast

Ring of Red Death

carlobarletta.5638

Thank you everyone for the help.

I’ve emailed customer support, but doubt I’ll receive a response. I’ve emailed support before and only received questionnaires asking about the quality of the support.

I tried to salvage the second ring of red death but that doesn’t work.

I just bought a ruby orichalum ring (5g) that is almost as good. I like the azurite mithril jewelry (power, toughness, vitality) when trying to improve my survivability. My amulet is the Mark of the Imperial guard (power, toughness, vitality). I like playing pve dungeons and everyone wants Zerkers so I thought I’d get more Zerker jewelry.

For some reviving Zerkers might be the most fun part of playing with them.

Thanks.

Ring of Red Death

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

True, Ark, but 99% of the reports on this forum about this issue involve someone buying 2 of the “red ring of death.”

Can’t argue with that. The funny thing is, you can craft versatile infusions that will go in either offensive or defensive (and hey, you get some AR out of them too), so if having 2 mighty infusions is really that important, you can spend the gold to get them. Yeah, I know, forging them isn’t cheap, but if you’re not planning on changing your rings or accessories out again, it can be done.

The only exception is that there are no versatile WvW infusions, which is probably a bummer for some people who’d like to have the extra dmg % against guards/lords rather than the damage reduction on their armor. For me, it works out fine, since I have 6 WvW resilient infusions and my weapon sets all have one precise and one mighty on them. The damage reduction (6%) is pretty substantial if you’re a camp-flipping roamer that doesn’t have stealth retreats, clones, or blinds. The 2% damage increase on weapon sets is fairly negligible, but it’s still 2%. A sigil of force is 5-6 gold and offers only an overall 5% increase. Any extra damage or damage reduction is still that: extra. All of it helps.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

Ring of Red Death

Inculpatus cedo.9234

There is a Sticky thread to post your ticket number in when you have had no response after 72 hours. You could or could have made use of it. The Support Liaison always looks into tickets asking for a review.

Also, some mail is routed to spam/junk or intercepted by certain email providers. There is a Sticky on that, as well. Lots of solutions to support requests that are unresolved.

Good luck.

Ring of Red Death

carlobarletta.5638

Thanks, wasn’t actually upset by the lack of response, as the community answered my questions well.

Ring of Red Death

carlobarletta.5638

Guild Wars 2 has just responded VERY kindly to my problem re the Ring of Red Death. I am most impressed! Thank you very much Guild Wars 2 Support.

Ring of Red Death

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Guild Wars 2 has just responded VERY kindly to my problem re the Ring of Red Death. I am most impressed! Thank you very much Guild Wars 2 Support.

Could you share the response with us?

20 level 80s and counting.