Risen Squire Bug? Permanent cripple...

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: GuildWarsChamp.5302

GuildWarsChamp.5302

While passing through malchor’s leap, a risen squire attacked me while running by him. His attack crippled me and the condition had no expiration timer on it. It was a permanent cripple until I removed it with a condition remover. I was just wondering if this was a result of the skill update today or if it is a bug.

Balthazar Almighty
Representing: [ZoS] Zealots of Shiverpeak -Main guild on NSP
Leader of [TZ] Raiders of the Lost Temples -Temple Zerg

(edited by GuildWarsChamp.5302)

Posted by: Danicco.3568

Danicco.3568

Risen Squires are being able to cause permanent cripple to players, happened to me twice.

I’m not sure if it’s ONLY Risen Squires, but this 2nd time I was sure it was him.

Imagine someone running a build with no Condition Removal, eternal combat + permanent cripple…

Attachments:

Posted by: Indy.1058

Indy.1058

I’ve been experiencing permanent crippled condition when fighting risen foes, happened on temple of lyssa and during the battle suit mission. I suspect it was risen squire both times but happened too fast and cant be sure. It makes fast travel impossible and only goes away upon death or re-log.

Posted by: GuildWarsChamp.5302

GuildWarsChamp.5302

Thanks for the feedback on this topic. Hopefully this annoying bug is fixed soon.

Balthazar Almighty
Representing: [ZoS] Zealots of Shiverpeak -Main guild on NSP
Leader of [TZ] Raiders of the Lost Temples -Temple Zerg

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Thanks for the bug report, I’ve passed it on to the Creature team, and it should be fixed in a future update. (I don’t have an ETA unfortunately.)

Posted by: thebjorno.9473

thebjorno.9473

today a guild mate had this too he walked around for 5 mins and then i cured him with a normal condition heal. toss elixer C

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Until fixed, logging out would be a good idea. I have not noticed this myself, but I do remember my mesmer having over 5 minutes of poison applied at Tequatl and at the time, I had no condition removal.

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

I’ve had this with a few conditions (and boons – easily stackable ones like swiftness) occasionally. As far as I can tell it’s not actually permanent, the timer just sometimes expires before the boon/condition really has run out, so the icon sits there for a while, sometimes minutes at a time. Cripple is one of those ones that some things can stack on you for ages so it seems to happen more with that.

In total I recall seeing it with: swiftness, fury, cripple, poison.

edit: oh, and I think chill/burning as well, but usually they end shortly after anyway.

Posted by: rian.7693

rian.7693

@^
this is permanent…
u can see on my SS here
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Skill-BUG-Cripple-permanent/first#post2312491

5 minutes…
and i try again… (not cure it) i wanna know how long this skill….and
..this skill on me 30 minutes…
i think if i dont cure it 1 years it be on there forever (if iam not relog or this bug has fix)

Posted by: ArmoredVehicle.2849

ArmoredVehicle.2849

I can confirm this bug is present also in cursed shore, happened to me twice always near Desmina’s Hallows area.

Posted by: Svetli.4276

Svetli.4276

it is not only creatures that add this cripple it is the contested area afix you get in orr

“What you wish for may not be what she wishes for.” – Skull Knight

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

@^
this is permanent…
u can see on my SS here
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Skill-BUG-Cripple-permanent/first#post2312491

5 minutes…
and i try again… (not cure it) i wanna know how long this skill….and
..this skill on me 30 minutes…
i think if i dont cure it 1 years it be on there forever (if iam not relog or this bug has fix)

My point is it can look like that even if it’s only got seconds left. But I’ve actually had cripple in Orr (iirc from the statues of melandru, risen gorillas, and earth elementals) that has built up to several minutes in duration, and the timer only broke later, so I wouldn’t doubt they could really have put it on you for that long at all.

Posted by: TatsuKan.5412

TatsuKan.5412

Still not fixed…

[CPC] [Vizunah Square] – Nantes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nantes)

Posted by: Kenage Achalarus.4276

Kenage Achalarus.4276

well it still bugged but letting you know HoD has the bug as well only way to stop the perniment condition is by relogging charaters

Attachments:

a Mesmer with a Greatsword [Confusion], your mind has been [Mind Wrack]

Posted by: Barfoi.9537

Barfoi.9537

This bug is still present. :-) I’m currently permanently crippled after finishing the Arah event, and have no way to remove it (without rallying) — being stuck in combat, you can’t change utilities!

This also happened to my wife during the pre-events shortly beforehand, so it’s occurring quite frequently.

Posted by: justkoh.4073

justkoh.4073

Risen Squire has at least 2 skills which causes cripple. It’s the dashing one what causes the permanent cripple. The other one has a timer to the condition.

As of today, the bug is still present and I hope it gets fixed soon.