Ruined log while using orichalcum logging axe

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: bernstein adelheid.8590

bernstein adelheid.8590

There is a tree inside the seanan’s point of interest that only give ruined logs as your try to chop it. I can’t figure why this is happening, however i noticed that no matter what logging axes or different characters you are trying to use, it only gives ruined logs.

Attachments:

Posted by: Alone.1784

Alone.1784

I can verify I’ve experienced the same exact thing for maybe the last week.

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

That happens when you are transformed or using a tonic.

(edited by Kraljevo.2801)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I just experienced the ‘being transformed and getting ruined logs/plant fibers’ bug. Didn’t know that was a thing. Kinda sux.

Posted by: Mitchell.6951

Mitchell.6951

I have been experiencing this exact same bug except with infinite gathering tools (gem store tools) paid good money for these. Now I am getting ruined materials. Kind of BS.

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

Since when? Has only been happening to me since the last patch-worth of bugs, and only (so far) in that camp.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I don’t know where that camp is, but it happened to me in another place(s), entirely. I’m not sure if I have ever tried gathering before whilst transformed. Maybe, maybe not. Still, it only happened while being transformed (from a Halloween food), and once I left the transformation, I could gather from the same node with no issue.

Note: I was using Frost Tools.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

This kind of thing used to happen because a trait would activate for some reason or other, and when that happened, all your harvesting went to pot. Could this be happening in your case?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

No, it’s not the same thing, at all. Otherwise, it would not matter whether you were in a transformation, or not.

It’s not really bothersome to me; I will refrain from gathering whilst transformed, or transforming when wanting to gather. =)

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

Then whatever pre-existing bug is responsible has managed to migrate to Seanan’s camp, where you can’t enter without being transformed (and can’t revert except by leaving), since the last patch. I do iron runs, and pick up nearby plants/logs a few times a day with different characters all using the same set of tools and this is new, and consistent in my experience.

I can spare one tree or a clump of parsley.

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Since when? Has only been happening to me since the last patch-worth of bugs, and only (so far) in that camp.

Quite frankly, no idea lol. I noticed it last week when I was gathering with my halloween tonic.

Posted by: Hell Nirvana.9045

Hell Nirvana.9045

This has started happening to me with trees and plant if I’m in trying to harvest in Bloodtide Coast, Harathi Hinterlands and Southsun Cove (so far, haven’t tested this elsewhere) if my Costume Brawl is active.

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

This has started happening to me with trees and plant if I’m in trying to harvest in Bloodtide Coast, Harathi Hinterlands and Southsun Cove (so far, haven’t tested this elsewhere) if my Costume Brawl is active.

Maybe it’s intended to prevent Bots from using tonics that make your character very small to be less noticeable.

Posted by: Dinas Dragonbane.2978

Dinas Dragonbane.2978

I know it can happen(very small chance though) while you’re in combat as well.

Dinas Dragonbane, the Danger Ranger
Tri-Lead of Ascension [WAR] of Borlis Pass

Posted by: Hell Nirvana.9045

Hell Nirvana.9045

Maybe it’s intended to prevent Bots from using tonics that make your character very small to be less noticeable.

I used a toy. Also, I fail to see why using this as an anti-bot method would actually be effective. All in all, this looks like a bug to me, as it doesn’t affect every map in the game.

(edited by Hell Nirvana.9045)