Rune of the Mad King Recipe Does Nothing

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: RuariWolf.9653

RuariWolf.9653

I was pretty excited today to get in one of my halloween bags the Major Rune of the Mad King recipe. But the excitement faded after I consumed the recipe and found that it hadn’t been added to my crafting menu. It said it was for a Tailor, and I’m a maxed out one. But I can’t find it even when using the search function on the menu. It’d be great if that rare drop wasn’t wasted due to a bug.

Posted by: klarkc.3754

klarkc.3754

Same here, see the screenshot attached.

I lost 1.5 Gold buying the recipe in the Trade Post and when I used the recipe nothing happens!

Attachments:

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

I tested this, and I wasn’t able to reproduce the issue. Have you checked your other crafting disciplines to make sure that you picked up the correct recipe?

For example, klarkc, I can see that you’re looking under your leatherworking section while RuariWolf is talking about tailoring.

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Posted by: Drakone.9823

Drakone.9823

Happened to me too, except what I noticed is, it said leather-worker for me, and i am only a leather worker and weaponsmith; however, when I learned it, It learned it to armorsmith even though it says it has a 275 requirement. I went on the auction house to discover this and when I hover over the recipes for sell, it says I still need leather worker even though the one I had already said it, while the one for armorsmith says I learned it.

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

Making different recipes with exactly the same name was asking for trouble. Either include the profession name in the recipe name or make it so that learning the recipe teaches you the relevant item on all professions able to make it.

- Al Zheimer

Posted by: aphoxi.4378

aphoxi.4378

Same thing just happened to me here.