Runes of Speed not giving 6-piece bonus

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Seid.2654

Seid.2654

As is indicated in the title, the +25% movement speed is not being granted!

Posted by: ravenheart.2743

ravenheart.2743

Yupp I was coming to post this, I just tested against 2 players with no speed buffs.
There is no speed boost whatsoever when wearing 6 superior runs of speed
(let alone 25%)
This rune set is totally broken, please fix me

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

The PVP version is not working either…

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

I don’t think that’s the case, but to clarify …

You did not use a movement speed signet or swiftness while testing the runeset, did you ?

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Doesn’t give 25% run speed, Doesn’t work at all.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

Posted by: Dasboba.1652

Dasboba.1652

I also just confirmed this. No movement speed buff is given when all 6 runes are equipped.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I can confirm this. I have 7/6 Superior run of speed (on the breather as well) and do not get +25% speed.

I tested by running next to a guildie Necro with speed signet and its simply no comparison, he outran me like a champ. It doesnt work. Fix ASAP, this negativly affecting everyone since runes are a major gameplay component in WvW!!!.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

Seid.2654

I was using the runes on a mesmer. Mesmers don’t get passive speed boosts like warriors wielding melee weapons and speed signets for other classes.

Dawdler.8521

I don’t think that’s the case, but to clarify …

You did not use a movement speed signet or swiftness while testing the runeset, did you ?

Swiftness just give +33% speed, it doesnt stack with +25%. It overwrite it. So it doesnt matter.

Also, its definetly bugged. Just do a run with a class without speed using the 6 runes vs a class with a speed signet. Its broken.

But its no problem really, I’ll just keep reporting it as a progress stopping bug every day because it sure does stop me from being competitive in WvW. Unless ANET state in one of these threads thakittens an acknowledged bug that’s going to be fixed soon, at least then we know that they know.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

Posted by: Danaj.3014

Danaj.3014

The 6th bonus on the Superior Rune of Lyssa doesn’t always work. If you do another action too quickly it will prevent the bonus from procing.

P.S. Forum search function isn’t working at this time, so I dont know if there was already a post made about this since its been a problem for a while now

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

What sort of ‘other action’ and are you aware of the kitten ICD?

Posted by: CHEN.3645

CHEN.3645

I had a discussion in the super adventure box thread about this to make sure it was confirmed.
The Speed Runes tooltip is updated to match Runes of the Traveler’s 25% speed bonus, however the actual passive bonus is still at 5%.

As I asked in the other thread. I am eagerly awaiting for this to get fixed.
-Thanks

Dawdler.8521

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Superior-Rune-of-Speed-6-point-is-Bugged/first#post2772433

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Runes-of-Speed-not-giving-6-piece-bonus/first#post2774194

Been posted, still no reply from Anet on the critical functionality of this rune. An admin should combine the threads. Going to be a bummer if we have to buy a new bloody armor set just to have this collect dust in the bank until its fixed.

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

Can we get this one fixed on tomorrow’s patch? Pretty please? :^)

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

Can anyone confirm that the set bonus (+25% movement speed) works? I have this set on both my mesmer and guardian, and taking off the armor or having it all on doesn’t seem to make any difference to my speed.

Dawdler.8521

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

Next

Hey folks,

We have this issue in our tracker.

Thank you for the reports.

Dawdler.8521

The bug remains after this evenings patch. Will we see another patch tomorrow?

Sitkaz.5463

I really hope so. I’m happy these runes are so useful now and anxious to use them.

Posted by: ravenheart.2743

ravenheart.2743

Hey folks,

We have this issue in our tracker.

Thank you for the reports.

Awesome, however i am having issues with the 6th trait on several rune sets I filled a separate bug a sec ago.

Hopefully its a glitch but i replaced my runes of speed with the “Runes of lyssa” and now the 6th trait on that set has stopped working for me as of this morning (immediately after patching.)

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Next

Regarding Lyssa – Which profession/elite are you using, and is that elite affected by any traits you have selected? (Elite Supplies for Engineer, for example.)

Posted by: Zorric.5704

Zorric.5704

Regarding Lyssa – Which profession/elite are you using, and is that elite affected by any traits you have selected? (Elite Supplies for Engineer, for example.)

I have seen this issue on my elementalist using the tornado elite. However, I do not remember if any traits were affecting my elite. I have changed runes since then…

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Next

Follow-up: We’re working on a fix for Lyssa runes. Not able to give a date, though.

Posted by: Pibriamal.8719

Pibriamal.8719

I’ve had the same problem with Signet of Rage on Warrior, with and without Signet Mastery traited. Didn’t happen all the time, but it seemed to happen if you did another action right after activating the elite. There was always a slight delay for the buffs.

Dawdler.8521

Still broken in the latest patch, sigh.

tinfoil hat mode
Is this a plot by Anet to draw gold from players in TP charges by forcing them to buy the working travelers rune?

Posted by: Danaj.3014

Danaj.3014

I am a thief using Basilisk Venom with Venomous Strength, Quick Venom, Residual Venom, and sometimes Venomous Aura. Most often it won’t proc if i manually attack a target quickly, dodge, activate another skill, or if my projectile is in flight when the Basilisk Venom hits. There are many times when it still does activate even if I try to make it glitch out.

The rate seems to be a 10% failure to proc regardless of situation

Posted by: Rypo Falem.8913

Rypo Falem.8913

Tested myself with a guild mate. The rune of speed set does give a bonus but it is not 25%. It’s much, much, smaller but you do run very slightly faster than people without any speed boosts.

Sitkaz.5463

Tested myself with a guild mate. The rune of speed set does give a bonus but it is not 25%. It’s much, much, smaller but you do run very slightly faster than people without any speed boosts.

It used to be 5%. Maybe it’s still just that instead of the new 25%.

Posted by: lmaogg.7325

lmaogg.7325

Bug Bug:
The 6-piece bonus still rewards the 5% movement speed it had previous to the 2013-09-03 patch instead of 25%

from the wiki, hope they will fix this asap.

Seid.2654

Dear ANet devs,

When can we expect a fix for this?

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

But but but… I tried equipping and unequipping my speed runes, and i was so sure it worked >_<.

My life is a lie

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

The Superior Rune of Speed’s 6th stat was changed a few patches ago to provide +25% movement speed but while the text on the rune was changed, the actual rune itself does not provide a +25% movement speed buff, it appears to still be +5%.

Posted by: Tyler Chapman.1832

Previous

Tyler Chapman.1832

PvP and Balance QA Embed

Next

Thanks for the report, I will investigate this.

in-game alias: Powerr
Skills and Balance/PvP Team Principal QA
Former active member of Team PZ

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Thanks for the report, I will investigate this.

According to Josh Davis, this was already in your bug tracker as he noted on September 5th.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Dawdler.8521

It’d be great if Anet could actually investigate whether its been fixed or not instead.

Its been a week to change a number from 5 to 25. It doesnt sounds like that would be too hard. I seriously hope thakittens fixed in todays patch :/

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I suspect there are a number of factors we don’t see. The team doing the bug fixes on these kinds of runes probably have a list of bugs they have to fix. This rune is likely somewhere in the list and they haven’t gotten to it yet. It’s also possible that the rune has been fixed and they are waiting to push out the fix in an upcoming patch.

Sitkaz.5463

I will bump this thread because I want to express how much I really hope this bug is fixed soon.

Posted by: Elder III.3158

Elder III.3158

I’m going to bump it too, to concur that my personal testing does show a roughly 5% speed buff (as it used to be) for the Runes of the Traveler. It’s certainly not 25% and personally I hope the runes either all stay at 5% boost or it’s restricted to PvE only. Just think of the speed an Ele attuned to Air could run you down with in WvW with these Runes working as the description indicates they should…

Dawdler.8521

Eh? The Elementalist already got the +25% signet (which maybe 95-99% use in WvW). Use superior runes of speed on an ele would do exactly nothing, since the 6th bonus does not stack with the sigil. At best you free up a skill slot.

And on that note, can we please have an update when this is going to be fixed? Is it fixed internally so its rolled out next patch? Has Anet forgotten about it? If you cant fix it can you at least remove the kitten rune from the game and replace everyones speed runes with the working traveller runes? Its been two weeks now!

Posted by: Rene.4085

Rene.4085

tested Superior Runes of Speed this morning and it is still NOWHERE close to a person with an actual 25% run speed

I have to assume that Anet has been aware of this issue since launch… because these runes have been broken that long. And yes, they have sent a representative here to say “don’t worry folks, we are aware of this issue” and yet they still do not bother to fix this issue. This leads me to believe they really don’t care at all about this issue.

What else should I conclude based upon their actions?

Posted by: raahk.2786

raahk.2786

tested Superior Runes of Speed this morning and it is still NOWHERE close to a person with an actual 25% run speed

I have to assume that Anet has been aware of this issue since launch… because these runes have been broken that long. And yes, they have sent a representative here to say “don’t worry folks, we are aware of this issue” and yet they still do not bother to fix this issue. This leads me to believe they really don’t care at all about this issue.

What else should I conclude based upon their actions?

You pretty much summarized it completely. A large majority of runes 6th bonus haven’t been working for about two months, and they still have yet to do anything about it.

Posted by: Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

are we sure the 25% isnt a in combat only bonus?

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

I don’t really keep up that much with Anets announcements on twitter, or events. So I’m just going to ask those more knowledgeable than myself if Anet has announced any plans to actually fix the currently broken runes?

For those that don’t know there are several runes, and I think a few sigils, that have broken effects that don’t work. Some work, but not in the way listed.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

182 runes in the game, think you can narrow it down to what particular rune has a bug and what it’s doing (or not doing) that it’s supposed to?

Posted by: Duke.4795

Duke.4795

Superior Rune of Speed doesn’t seem to work (6 piece bonus)

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Superior Rune of Speed doesn’t seem to work (6 piece bonus)

You understand that other effects that provide a bonus to movement speed (e.g. certain traits and signets) do not stack with swiftness; only the highest increase in movement speed will be applied?

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

182 runes in the game, think you can narrow it down to what particular rune has a bug and what it’s doing (or not doing) that it’s supposed to?

I really thought most people knew already. The wiki even has a listing of bugs.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=Category:Bugs&pagefrom=Sabotage#mw-pages

I am most interested in the following though
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Lyssa
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Strength
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Rage

There are others, but those three I hope get fixed soon.

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Why do non-programmers always think that fixing bugs is like flipping on a light switch?

“Hey, Bob, engineer turrets are bugged again, can you fix it?”
“Sure, what are they doing?”
“Whenever another player nearby draws the Moot, they start playing ‘Stayin Alive’ and disco dancing. It’s really annoying.”
Click, click, click, “ok, disco = 0. That should take care of it.”
“Thanx, Bob, when do you want to apply the fix?”
“Oh, in about three or four months. I don’t want to make it look too easy.”

Posted by: Avatara.1042

I know eh..they have only had a year…

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

I think lyssa rune is getting fixed according to the leaked notes.

Oceanic [LOD]