SAB Tribulation with a friend

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Yoroiookami.3485

Yoroiookami.3485

I finished zone 1 and zone 2 of world 1 with my friend in tribulation mode. While we were done with most of the third one, I got disconnected. Now it says I should join my friend in SAB but when I click to confirm, it just loads and does nothing. Why am I being punished for connection problems?

Posted by: Gator.5729

Gator.5729

It is the way it was designed. You can not leave or join tribulation runs that are in progress. I would suggest you look into why you were disconnected to avoid disconnecting next time. It also warns you when you start that you can’t join in progress.

Posted by: Yoroiookami.3485

Yoroiookami.3485

It is the way it was designed. You can not leave or join tribulation runs that are in progress. I would suggest you look into why you were disconnected to avoid disconnecting next time. It also warns you when you start that you can’t join in progress.

Warning doesn’t really help with this kind of situation. I would imagine inability to join is to avoid people getting rewards for nothing. But it’s different for me, because I got that far on my own and I’m still unable to rejoin and claim the reward I earned. I don’t think that something to stop it is that hard to implement.

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

I’m still unable to rejoin and claim the reward I earned. I don’t think that something to stop it is that hard to implement.

On paper it isn’t hard, however, this games instances do not track ownership at all, nor do they keep empty instances in memory either. The game used to track the player that created the instance, but it probably does not anymore or if it does that information is no longer used for anything.

It seems easy, but it is actually a bigger change in terms of infrastructure, because they would have to change how instances are retained and what information is kept on record about them. Since a server has limited resources a change like this usually involves some non-trivial math before it is even considered because it directly impacts how many instance a single shard can serve at any one time as well as how much persistent information is stored (albeit only temporarily).

Considering what SAB is, I doubt they will go through the effort to make this change… unless one of two things happen a) it explodes in popularity exponentially or b) some other more mainstream (and/or permanent) content requires similar capacity.