Salvaging stopped working

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: BurningCrow.9816

BurningCrow.9816

I was salvaging a bunch of common items to get the crafting materials when the salvage kit just stopped working. Now when I activate a salvage kit and hover my mouse over any item it is red and will not let me salvage. I logged out and back several times and tried using different kits. I don’t know if I was salvaging too fast or something and it glitched out my account? Any info would be great. Thanks.

BurningCrow.9816

So now it looks like it is my one character! I could do it on other characters but not my main who was doing the salvaging. What is this all about?

Attachments:

Posted by: Rigo J Mortis.7420

Rigo J Mortis.7420

I’m having a similar issue with a similar item. It’s only the rawhide boots though, for some reason…

BurningCrow.9816

Ok so I found out a little more about it. It seems to be happening on boots I bought from the trade post. I bought about 10 boots that were good price and then started to salvage them. I put all of those boots in my bank and logged in with a different character. A different character can not salvage those boots either! So I logged back into my main and bought some other item on the trading post and was able to salvage it just fine but still not able to salvage the remaining boots? Is this a bug or is this some form of locking out people from buying low priced salvageable gear to get crafting materials in bulk? Or was I salvaging too fast and those boots for some reason got tagged for botting? Either way something is wrong here. I put in a bug report to explain but not sure when I will hear back. Hope it isn’t going to happen all the time because that would be a game breaker. Thanks.

BurningCrow.9816

Yes! Rigo it is rawhide boots! Ah ha! That is the culprit. They are bugged out.

Posted by: Rigo J Mortis.7420

Rigo J Mortis.7420

Actually, I think you’re on the right track with your third post, Crow. I bought some swords and the same thing happened. I think it’s an alt-related issue.

Posted by: orci.5019

orci.5019

Is it possible these items are vendor-purchased (which are not salvageable), and then someone put them on the TP? Regardless of who buys them, they will still be unsalvageable as they were originally purchased from an NPC.

Server: Yak’s Bend.
Main: Hunter.

Posted by: Rowan.5064

Rowan.5064

Warning – another unsalvageable item is being sold in TP. Acolyte’s Coat req level 35, defense 67 cannot be salvaged by any character on my or my friends’ accts. This has been reported IG as a bug.

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

This bug is back – white heavy headgear – thus far between 22 and 25. Really annoying f a purposeful gold sink, but looks more like a bug.

EDIT: And white axes, same level range.

(edited by KarateKid.5648)

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

This bug is back – white heavy headgear – thus far between 22 and 25. Really annoying f a purposeful gold sink, but looks more like a bug.

EDIT: And white axes, same level range.

Back would imply it was every gone. These are the weapons and armors sold by the NPCs. For a while the weapons were salvageable but buggy … using a fine kit on it would always result in an ori!

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

I don’t think this is a bug. Some white items are not salvageable. They are the ones sold by armorsmiths in game. It was done so people couldn’t buy an endless supply of white items, salvage, and sell the mats for infinite profit. It would only be ones that have levels divisble by 5, as those are the increments of levels found at vendors.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Yes, I have seen another thread about items bought from NPCs being sold on TP. Those items aren’t salvageable but they can be sold on TP. It’s understandable they can’t be salvageable so it would prevent abuse.. but then they couldn’t be sold on TP either. It makes thinks weird and leads to error. Or at least its description should tell they aren’t salvageable..