Same crash since launch

Same crash since launch

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Dajova.5849

Dajova.5849

I’ve been getting this exact same crash error ever since launch and it hasn’t been fixed yet. I’m really, really close to ditch GW2 cus there doesn’t seem to be a fix…

https://i.gyazo.com/8ca751913babf9531f68728bf0676a67.png

Same crash since launch

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Try to -repair your client:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments#-repair

Everyone I know who was locked out last night is back in, asleep, or got back in after repairing.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Same crash since launch

Dajova.5849

Trying it now, coming back in a few hours if it doesnt work

Same crash since launch

Dajova.5849

Nope, got the exact same crash, even faster than last time.

Same crash since launch

Dajova.5849

Yeah, until anet gets a fix for this, i guess i wont be playing this much more… Doesnt matter what i do, 1-2 hours and crash… every single time

Same crash since launch

Illconceived Was Na.9781

In that case, please contact Customer Service (follow the links to ‘support’ in the upper left of this page). They’ll help you troubleshoot — whatever is going on for you isn’t necessarily related to the server issues everyone else suffered the last 10-12 hrs.

Same crash since launch

Dajova.5849

In that case, please contact Customer Service (follow the links to ‘support’ in the upper left of this page). They’ll help you troubleshoot — whatever is going on for you isn’t necessarily related to the server issues everyone else suffered the last 10-12 hrs.

It’s not server side… I guess you didn’t check the screenshot i posted, huh?

Either way, it’s on ANet’s side, not mine, since this is the only game i have this issue and it ONLY appeared with the launch of HoT. I was in the beta weekends for HoT and it was 100% fine, even after several hours of playing.

Also, it’s not the past 10-12 hours… its been there ever since launch. Every. Single. Time.

(edited by Dajova.5849)

Same crash since launch

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

Please post the whole error message.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

Same crash since launch

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Either way, it’s on ANet’s side, not mine, since this is the only game i have this issue and it ONLY appeared with the launch of HoT. I was in the beta weekends for HoT and it was 100% fine, even after several hours of playing.

Also, it’s not the past 10-12 hours… its been there ever since launch. Every. Single. Time.

Regardless of what is going on, create a support ticket and work with Customer Service to troubleshoot; they’ll need the data that only you can provide to help you out.

Hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of people are playing HoT without the crashes you are seeing. Which means that ANet isn’t aware of whatever it is that you are seeing, at least not until you contact them and provide them with the details (including the full crash report, not just an excerpt).

Same crash since launch

Dajova.5849

Regardless of what is going on, create a support ticket and work with Customer Service to troubleshoot; they’ll need the data that only you can provide to help you out.

Hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of people are playing HoT without the crashes you are seeing. Which means that ANet isn’t aware of whatever it is that you are seeing, at least not until you contact them and provide them with the details (including the full crash report, not just an excerpt).

Then what’s sending a crash report there in the first place then, if its not to deduct the source of the issue? Please…

Also, I’m not the only one getting this issue, seen a few posts about it as well…

(edited by Dajova.5849)

Same crash since launch

Posted by: Kylden Ar.3724

Kylden Ar.3724

The giant 44 page error thread is about half the OOM issue. It is not just a few…

Kylden
Leader of TACO mini-roamer guild, Kaineng.

Same crash since launch

Posted by: Prince Vingador.8067

Prince Vingador.8067

anet when are u going to fix this?
this is really really annoying and game breaking.

Attachments:

Same crash since launch

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

anet when are u going to fix this?
this is really really annoying and game breaking.

Getting the same thing since HoT went live. I’ve crashed so many kitten times on Tarir and VB that I’m to the point that I’m not going to bother doing them anymore until I hear they’ve fixed it or, at the very least, acknowledge it’s an issue.

Same crash since launch

Dajova.5849

… not to mention the occasional freeze-crash, with no crash log or anything. Everything just freezes up and you cant do anything, except close GW2.

Same crash since launch

Dajova.5849

Alright, I found out a “hacky” way around the crash issue. If you have a older gcard than the GTX series, i suggest you do NOT try this, it may fry your card.
DO NOT DO THIS UNLESS YOU KNOW THE RISKS

• Download EVGA Precision X (basically a overclocking graphic card program, google it)
  • Set MEM CLOCK OFFSET to somewhere between +150 and +200 mhz and then press APPLY.
  • Optional: Set GPU CLOCK OFFSET to + 50 mhz if above doesn’t do the job perfectly.
  • Close the program and enjoy. Nothing else to it.

Played for over 2 hours with no “heap bytes” crash anymore with those settings.

(edited by Dajova.5849)