Sanctum Sprint JUMP EXPLOIT !!!!

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Been there since it was originally released in the Winds update and was reported many hundreds of times (literally) yet it has gone unfixed. Do not expect it to be fixed. It almost seems intentional with the way the ledge slopes down right there and there is a jump boost RIGHT below it. Either the designer of that area of the map, or the person who placed the power upgrade knew what they were doing when they made it like that, which makes it seem intentional…sadly. A professional designer doesn’t just accidentally angle a ledge down the perfect amount and place a jump boost right below it…
It was quite the disappointment when no dev would even comment on this issue in the several dozens of threads reporting it and the other several dozens of threads in the living story forum for that update.

Haven’t played the minigame since the event ended as this clear exploit was never taken care of. I lost first place too many times to people using the cheat while I was going for the finish line as it should be done.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: paladinofmm.1546

paladinofmm.1546

Not a bug but it is a short cut, that’s all.

It’s been like that since release.

Posted by: Touketsu.2851

Touketsu.2851

Better get in touch with Nintendo and tell them all their mario kart short cuts were bugs/exploits all along :o

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Also ban all accounts that have been ‘exploiting’ in GW1 in Gyala Hatchery.
This is not an exploit, If you want to win feel free to use this shortcut yourself.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: MasterYoda.8563

MasterYoda.8563

Hello,
- Please pass it to fix to devs and delete so noone can see this !!

Then why post a pic with detailed instructions on how to do this so even more people can do it if you wanted no one to see this? Especially on a weekend when they are less likely do anything about it if anything at all it would be during the week!!!

Game Security Lead “Closing this thread,
your account,and your 384 other accounts”
GG Anet

Posted by: Safire.9143

Safire.9143

So no official response for fixing ? okay, i will delete this posts so we can have more bugs in this game…

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

It’s not a bug.

There’s a high jump crystal right next to it. It’s probably intended.

mercury ranique.2170

So no official response for fixing ? okay, i will delete this posts so we can have more bugs in this game…

No no no, this isn’t an exploit (and accusing people of exploiting is a hard accusation) it might not even be a bug. It is a short cut.

MMO’s are things played by many people. Very often the public comes up with things the dev’s never intended or thought of. Thats even how they design these kind of games and one of the wonders of it. In GW one they added a big monkey-boss. it took the players over 2 weeks to find a way to beat it, and I truly think even the devs didn’t know how it would turn out. they just had plan b ready to nerf the boss down if needed.

an exploit is when people are getting an unequal advantage that is too good to be true. This advantage isn’t unequal. You, and me can do it as well. So it is not an exploit. Cause nobody is harmed (we can all do this) it isn’t bad either, so it isn’t a bug.

MasterYoda.8563

No no no, this isn’t an exploit (and accusing people of exploiting is a hard accusation) it might not even be a bug. It is a short cut.

an exploit is when people are getting an unequal advantage that is too good to be true. This advantage isn’t unequal. You, and me can do it as well. So it is not an exploit. Cause nobody is harmed (we can all do this) it isn’t bad either, so it isn’t a bug.

It’s up for Anet to decide if this is legit intended or unintended short cut/exploit and not the the player base becuase of course the players base will say extactly what you’ve said.

You claim no one is harmed? Many people would’ve came in first running he full course like it was ment to be till some one takes this shortcut to beat them robbing them of progress of their AP’s. So becuase we all can do this doesn’t make it okay either like other exploits found in the game is a big NO NO.

GG Anet

mercury ranique.2170

It’s up for Anet to decide if this is legit intended or unintended short cut/exploit and not the the player base becuase of course the players base will say extactly what you’ve said.

You claim no one is harmed? Many people would’ve came in first running he full course like it was ment to be till some one takes this shortcut to beat them robbing them of progress of their AP’s. So becuase we all can do this doesn’t make it okay either like other exploits found in the game is a big NO NO.

Ok let’s take the rulebook out.
‘You will not exploit any bug in Guild Wars 2 and you will not communicate the existence of any such exploitable bug (bugs that grant the user unnatural or unintended benefits) either directly or through public posting, to any other user of Guild Wars 2.’

This one is in order for this debate. First off all, if this is an exploit the OP is in violation of this rules cause he is advertising it. That makes this thread allready pointless. cause if you claim this is an exploit, we shouldn’t be talking bout it cause it is adverstising the same thing.

The most important word is benefit. a benefit is when you do or know something other players have no way of knowing bout it, and you are harming them. the sanctum sprint is a competitive activity, so the only way to have such a benefit (to win) is to know something others have no way to know bout. In this case the method is obvious visable and detectable to all players who are good enough to be in a competing distance of the person using this short cut. So nothing is stopping others to do so as well.

Yes, it is to the judgement if arenanet to decide if this is an exploit or not. but just as us they are bound to the user agreement. So IF arenanet thinks this is so important that they want to ban people over it, and IF it is presented at a court of law that can judge in this matter (would be an usa court), do you have any argument against my explanation of the rules we agreed on when we started playing the game (rules written by arenanet). Please tell where my argument is wrong, just saying that arenanet might disagree is not sufficient. The rules applies to them as well.

But to make it easier. If you think this is an exploit . did you report the OP on breaking the rule on advertising an exploit as well

MasterYoda.8563

Ok let’s take the rulebook out.
‘You will not exploit any bug in Guild Wars 2 and you will not communicate the existence of any such exploitable bug (bugs that grant the user unnatural or unintended benefits) either directly or through public posting, to any other user of Guild Wars 2.’

I agree with what the rules say

This one is in order for this debate. First off all, if this is an exploit the OP is in violation of this rules cause he is advertising it. That makes this thread allready pointless. cause if you claim this is an exploit, we shouldn’t be talking bout it cause it is adverstising the same thing.

The fact remains it’s still up to Anet too decide if this is an exploit or not.

The most important word is benefit. a benefit is when you do or know something other players have no way of knowing bout it, and you are harming them. the sanctum sprint is a competitive activity, so the only way to have such a benefit (to win) is to know something others have no way to know bout. In this case the method is obvious visable and detectable to all players who are good enough to be in a competing distance of the person using this short cut. So nothing is stopping others to do so as well.

Shortly after release many people took advantage of a Karma vendor price of a certain item and many of those did got banned because Anet decided it was an exploit. Even though Anet are ones that made the mistake in the first place when they set the prices of items at the karma vendor. (The karma vendor is avalialbe to every single player ingame)

Yes, it is to the judgement if arenanet to decide if this is an exploit or not. but just as us they are bound to the user agreement. So IF arenanet thinks this is so important that they want to ban people over it, and IF it is presented at a court of law that can judge in this matter (would be an usa court), do you have any argument against my explanation of the rules we agreed on when we started playing the game (rules written by arenanet). Please tell where my argument is wrong, just saying that arenanet might disagree is not sufficient. The rules applies to them as well.

Dunno why you bring up judge & court for, this has nothing to do with the courts in anway at all.

But to make it easier. If you think this is an exploit . did you report the OP on breaking the rule on advertising an exploit as well

Did you report the OP? Like I’ve said it’s up to Anet to decide if this is an exploit/unintended shortcut when they made the map.

GG Anet

Posted by: Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

looks like working as intended

Posted by: Eowin Of Rohan.2619

Eowin Of Rohan.2619

- Please pass it to fix to devs and delete so noone can see this !!

> use exploits AT arena DOT net instead of forums when you want to report an exploit

Posted by: Aris.7492

Aris.7492

Doesn’t look like a bug, specially considering this minigame was inspired by Mario Kart and that game has many shortcuts like this (yes, some of them are just before the goal too).

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

Yeah…but you never crossed the finish line backwards in Mario Kart by taking a shortcut.

I’d say it’s unintended at best. Someone put down all 3 powerups at the end, and just made the end area open instead of with fences.

Considering Sanctum Sprint isn’t where most people spend their time, there’s no reason for them to “fix it”. Especially since players can’t agree on whether it’s an exploit or not.

Anyway, most races are won/lost way before that shortcut, so it’s not a big deal for that either.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Serenity.6149

Serenity.6149

I thought it was intended, but then I started having issues looting the chest whenever I used the shortcut. Not sure if it was merely coincidental, as I didn’t bother with the shortcut anymore after losing out on the chest twice. (And yes, I was there from start to finish.)

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

It is not an exploit. It is a shortcut.

And, to be honest, there are “worse” shortcuts in the race path than that one.

Posted by: gumoor.5674

gumoor.5674

It’s not the (exploit) shortcuts. It’s what is being done with the shortcuts. I am an average jumper (good bays/bad days) and always take the normal paths. So, I’ll never come in first, and I’ve gotten used to that fact.

Here’s what happens 75% of the time, and it’s been happening for almost two months now. Those who use the shortcuts and the really-short-shortcuts, collect lightning bolts. They then pick a player to grief by constantly casting the lightning bolts. That player then can not even finish the puzzle because they spend half of the time being zapped.

(Out of curiosity, how is someone getting ahold of that many lightning bolts in the first place?)

I’ve complained about this in map. I understand that there are people who gain pleasure from watching pain inflicted on others. (They are called sociopaths, terrorists, bullies, etc., and they are probably pvp-failures) But, for the life of me, I can not figure out why ANet has not stopped something causing so many people so much misery. for such a long period of time. My night is absolutely ruined every time I have go through this. So, it’s my choice to play it? Then don’t make it part of the daily achievement! If it’s there, I’m going to do it, and then I’m going to rage in map chat, which is hurtful to the community. But if ANet doesn’t care enough to at least curb what is cyberbullying, then why should I care? Where are the moderators these days?