Sanctum spirit is unplayable for me :-(

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Sheratan.5643

Sheratan.5643

Hi. The problem is simple: if I use “Lightning Pull” or jumping is too short or I find an unseen obstacle in the air that blocks the jump… anyway I fall into the sea. It’s really frustrating complete the race alone with the teleport (Light Travel).

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

This seems to hit anyone who is dealing with any amount of lag. I posted a workaround

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Welcome to the club! :P The issue has been around for ages now (Lightning Pull is buggy since first time that Baazar of Four Winds came out but seems to be worse lately). There have been several threads about this but thanks to the broken search I can’t find them so easily atm.

Sariel V.7024

No real need to dredge them up when they all say the same thing.

Posted by: Sheratan.5643

Sheratan.5643

It’s been a month and nothing has changed … still unplayable for the same reason! -.-

Posted by: Gudy.3607

Gudy.3607

Dude, the bug has been there, and has been copiously complained about, since the initial release of Sanctum Sprint in July 2013. What on earth makes you think that after your complaint ANET will suddenly jump and fix this?
I personally love Sanctum Sprint, or I would if that bug got fixed, because it’s a fun activity when that bug doesn’t interfere, but I don’t expect anything to be done about this in anything even remotely close to a foreseeable future, or quite possibly ever.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It’s been a month and nothing has changed … still unplayable for the same reason! -.-

Things have changed, just not for you apparently. 64-bit client helped some people, some game changes helped others, and others (who live far away) have resorted to using WTFast and competitors — there’s only so much ANet can do about latency in general. If you have specific concerns, start a support ticket and work with Customer Service to troubleshoot.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Sariel V.7024

Played this when it was the daily this past week. My methods for avoiding Lighting Pull still work.

shadow.6174

What is even interesting… HoT has some mechanics (Bouncing Mushrooms and some other I can’t recall) very similar to Lightning Pull and they work properly there. Why can’t the same mechanics be applied to Lightning Pull? It has completely spoiled Sanctum Sprint for me and I was used to enjoy it

Posted by: Lyp Sao.1375

Lyp Sao.1375

Played this when it was the daily this past week. My methods for avoiding Lighting Pull still work.

When it is the daily I simply start a race, dance a little bit in place and get my daily.
Or I fall in the water and get my daily. Or do nothing and get my daily.

Awesome?

Don’t fight the other ants
Fight the queens

shadow.6174

When it is the daily I simply start a race, dance a little bit in place and get my daily.

Awesome?

Lol, once I entered a race when it was about to end, then I got in practice mode. But then I got frustrated by not passing through a Lightning Tether that I stayed sitting near it and the race restarted due time over. When it started again I stayed dancing at the Start line for almost the whole next race :P

Sariel V.7024

Awesome?

No skin off my nose. I have maxxed out all the cheevs, so maybe I’ll be joining you.