Sanctum sprint exploit

Sanctum sprint exploit

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

When will the exploit which lets you skip the running through the finnish line be fixed? I am sick and tired of loosing my hard earned position last second to an exploiter. What can I do about them? Fraps every run and send it to the customer support?

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Sanctum sprint exploit

Posted by: Aerin Dark Water.6283

Aerin Dark Water.6283

Sorry about how you feel. I too hated the fact the people were cheating and basically, you either have to cheat with everyone else or never win. every racing game that I’ve played has hidden cheats and everyone takes advantages of them, it’s just part of the level.
One way of getting super far ahead is to constantly spam 6 with you get the ground power up and the combo of 4 + 2 for super speed. if you are flawless, you’ll get to the finish line about 20-30 sec before anyone even if they use the end cheat (unless they get a teleiport power up).
good luck.

Want an art commission of your character? PM me to find out how! In-game gold art commissions!

Sanctum sprint exploit

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

It’s not a cheat, or an exploit.

It’s a shortcut, it’s been there since sanctum sprint was released, and there is nothing wrong with it.

There is even a jump upgrade placed at the shortcut, it is intended. It doesn’t allow you to skip the finish line, you still have to run or number 2 to the finish line.

Sour grapes!

Sanctum sprint exploit

Malediktus.9250

In any racing game you get disqualified if you skip the finish line in any way.

Sanctum sprint exploit

Posted by: DeathMetal.8264

DeathMetal.8264

Coming from a guy who made this post, https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Crab-Toss-griefers/first#post3415578

Your exploit, is most probably “working as intended”. Now, if it’s really an exploit, send a bug report to anet.

Lv80 Thief |Mesmer |Necromancer|Ranger|Guardian|Warrior|Elementalist|Engineer
[Aeon of Wonder]
Maguuma Server

Sanctum sprint exploit

Malediktus.9250

this is a bug report

Sanctum sprint exploit

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

If it was intended, it wouldn’t bug out the reward chest the way it does.

Sanctum sprint exploit

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

It doesn’t bug out the reward chest for me.

I use that shortcut all the time, as I don’t consider it an exploit any more than any of the many other shortcuts scattered throughout the race.

If ANet ever declares it an exploit, I’ll stop using it, but until then, it’s a legit shortcut.

Sanctum sprint exploit

Malediktus.9250

Anet never declared way to skip lupicus in Arah an exploit, does it make it less of an exploit? Anet rarely talks about what is an exploit and what is not, so they have all options open for them.

Sanctum sprint exploit

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

Anet never declared way to skip lupicus in Arah an exploit, does it make it less of an exploit?

Yes.

This is an MMO, and players are always going to find ways to bend or break the rules. If ANet chooses not to respond to a given “exploit” and either fix it or state that it is against the rules, then they are essentially condoning the behavior by not intervening.

Even though it’s off-topic: ANet did respond to the Lupicus issue. While they didn’t use the word exploit, they did make it extremely clear that they don’t want people skipping him, because they were working on a fix to prevent it.