Scribes are majorly bugged not progressing

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: DivaCeryn.2673

DivaCeryn.2673

Attached are 2 screens of my scribe at level 53. None of the refinement opened after the ones for 0-25 as you can see. Had a few recipes not many that did open when it was level but now is stuck since refinement isn’t unlocking to progress. Several others that are trying to do scribe in the guild have this exact same problem. this needs fixed asap so they all can level and progress.

Attachments:

Posted by: IndigoWhite.4079

IndigoWhite.4079

This actually gets worse around the 100-125 mark. Finding it almost impossible to progress. Missing recipes or discoveries for Resonating Fragments and Bolts of Embroidered Silk, vendors are not selling all the materials.

DivaCeryn.2673

none of us can get to that level on because of the reason i stated. we have around 60 scribes in the guild all stuck on levels 35 to 60 and can’t progress because refinements didn’t open and new recipes didn’t either.

Posted by: IndigoWhite.4079

IndigoWhite.4079

It is possible, it’s just a pain.

Attachments:

Posted by: Reelix.6319

Reelix.6319

Well – Yes – Those refinements are grey. Craft actual stuff for progression.

You get stuck with normal crafts around the same level if you only refine stuff.

Sure it’s far more expensive than regular crafts – But that’s life. Wait till a guide appears on gw2crafts or something. Maybe it costs 5000 gold to hit 400

Posted by: Atrophied.8725

Atrophied.8725

The problem is that you can’t make some of the items needed to progresss, because there is no 2nd tier refining unlocked.

Also, the basic writs (and theses) all have the same stat buff (+40 power over 90% health) instead of being power/precision/condi as their names suggest.

Xandra – 80s in all classes – Ele/Guard mains – [TL] – NSP

Posted by: Downwood.3192

Downwood.3192

Right now at 135 the only thing I can craft to level up my scribe is Guild World Event Schematic which takes 5x Ecto, 5x Crystaline Dust, and an Icy Runestone. That’s 4g or so worth of mats. It takes about 3 to get me a scribe level even with boosters, so I’d be looking at 45 of them to get to 150. And, frankly, 180g for 15 levels of craft is not going to happen.

DivaCeryn.2673

no one in our guild can even get past level 60 since refinement didn’t open/unlock with leveling. we now have over 60 scribes stuck between level 35 and 60 that can’t do anything. why is this not being addressed and fixed since it is need for so much of the guild stuff.

DivaCeryn.2673

we all checked our scribes today to see if any of the patches had fixed the unlocks of refinements after the T1 refining. We are all still stuck no refinement after the T1s.

Posted by: Buford.2954

Buford.2954

I believe you can start refining T2 mats at lvl 75 (although soft wood plank says scribe 50). I’m at scribe 125 and could still progress a little if I wanted to keep churning out world events, but I’d rather make furniture or banners as I already made a ton of world events… but I can’t because there is no way to make resonating fragments (for the basic scribing kit) or buy tubs of wood glue.