Searching for "food" is broken

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Antiriad.7160

Antiriad.7160

I can’t really believe it, although we should be used to it by now from Arenanet..
Searching for “consumables” -> “food” will actually produce no results.
You have to search just for “consumables” -> “all” to show all the food (and it will show all the other consumables too of course -_-)……..
Guys, this game was released when? Yesterday? Are we still in alpha testing maybe?

Colin ‘The Liar’ Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on equal power base.”

Posted by: Velyanthe.6894

Velyanthe.6894

I’m a bit iffy on what happened, but I do remember either consumables → food not existing the other day, or consumables → food only showing drinks. Which was kinda disappointing.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Most subcategories do not list anything at all, and some do not even list the relevant items in the search results…still.

• Consumable > Food
    Results in no food listed, instead it lists alcoholic beverages
  • Consumable > Generic
    Nothing listed at all
  • Consumable > Transmutation
    Nothing listed at all
  • Consumable > Unlock
    Nothing listed at all
  • Gathering > All
    Nothing listed at all
  • Gathering > Foraging
    Nothing listed at all
  • Gathering > Logging
    Nothing listed at all
  • Gathering > Mining
    Nothing listed at all
  • Gizmo > Salvage
    Nothing listed at all
  • Tool > All
    Nothing listed at all
  • Tool > [[Crafting]] (yes it is actually displayed with those brackets)
    Nothing listed at all
  • Tool > Salvage
    Nothing listed at all
  • !!! Upgrade Component > Weapon !!!
    Does not list any sigils whatsoever and instead lists only trinket upgrades…which does not even have its own subcategory.

Seriously, is there someone in charge of maintaining the BLTP?

Many items do not even exist in any category, like back items. To find them you must search by name within the entire listing of all items on the TP, which the names of the items must first be found by searching online/on the wiki. Most players do not even know that there are back items for sale on the TP.

I, and many others, have reported these issues several times, but they’ve not been acknowledged once and no attempt to correct the erroneous search results or remove the useless subcategories has been made.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Posted by: muni.4830

muni.4830

It’s always amused me that searching for ‘upgrade components’ only lists trinket upgrades – I always imagine the search code for Black Lion was written by someone who read an article about DB queries, wrote one to that finds weapons so they thought “Great – that’s all working then – let’s get back to designing events” :P