See blue people!

See blue people!

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: itchyeyebrows.1520

itchyeyebrows.1520

Q:

This never happen to me before so is it just my computer or a in game problem?

I haven’t played in weeks, so I thought it was some kind of event. But I eventually updated my graphics card and windows and did a restart. Unfortunately it’s still there.

Also everything time I am in the loading screen it freezes, and the only way to get out of it is to “ctrl+alt+delete” then cancel to fully load into the map.

more pictures
http://postimg.org/image/98i32x0m1/
http://postimg.org/image/vlptpq1jt/
http://postimg.org/image/vzr5pblnd/
http://postimg.org/image/q03elo0ux/
http://postimg.org/image/5nhm5y6op/

Attachments:

<3

(edited by itchyeyebrows.1520)

See blue people!

Posted by: jike mones.9345

jike mones.9345

So here is a list of my bugs,

Whenever i load into a new area, my loading screen freezes, and the only way i can load in is by doing a ctrl alt delete

second is i always seem to be missing a texture, usually replaced by a blocky blue and green surface, that goes away if i lower my textures and turn them back on high again. i also need to ctrl alt delete i try to switch texture options aswell.
one texture that always seems to be continuous is water surface, other textures are always randomized but the surface of any body of water is blue and green, continously.

New laptop for christmas, everything was running fine then this started happening at the same time out of the blue. And gw2 is the only game i have noticed that has had any issues running so i dont think it is my Graphics card.

If anyone has had similar issues please help me sort this out, I have already tried submitting a ticket to anet, (werent able to help me fix it)
i have uninstalled and reinstalled, and i have repaired the client, I just dont know what to do at this point

thank you in advance!

Attachments:

See blue people!

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

Need more information:

What hardware are you using to play Guild Wars 2?
Do you have the latest drivers?
What OS are you playing on?
Was this bug always on this machine, or did it come after a certain patch, or just randomly appear one day?

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.

See blue people!

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

It looks like you have corrupted textures. A thing you could try is repairing your game client. Instructions about how to do that: http://help.guildwars2.com/entries/28148006-Repairing-the-Game-Client

See blue people!

Posted by: itchyeyebrows.1520

itchyeyebrows.1520

Followed the instructions but no repairing is being done. I might end up reinstalling altogether

<3

See blue people!

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

I can’t help, but same thing with the textures happened to me when HoT launched and I was playing for quite a long time (like 1 and half hour or so) on new maps. This passed after some crash fixes, but usually it meant a client crash was imminent.
I suppose this is a hardware issue, not necessarily corrupted files. I have a terrible 2 core processor.

As for the loading screen problem, nothing comes to mind.

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

See blue people!

shadow.6174

Followed the instructions but no repairing is being done. I might end up reinstalling altogether

Hmm, that’s weird then. What I could suggest is contacting Customer Support then. They may guide you through some troubleshooting to figure out what’s going on.

See blue people!

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Are you sure the command line argument is correct? Some users omit the space, or some such, and then it won’t work.

See blue people!

Posted by: Fachemm.7420

Fachemm.7420

I tried to repair gw2 twice already and nothing changed…
Also I’m experiencing some issues with the loading, the screen freeze and usually I need to use ctrl+alt+del and come back to the game, and it runs properly after that.

What should I do? Someone had something similar before?

Thanks.

Attachments:

See blue people!

shadow.6174

Well, on these cases I would suggest repairing the game, but since you said you tried it twice I have no much to suggest. However, you can always try to contact Customer Support, maybe they can guide you through some troubleshoot to figure out what’s wrong.

See blue people!

Posted by: Artanis.4963

Artanis.4963

Looks more like a problem with the graphics card, rather than the game.

See blue people!

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/See-blue-people
I wonder what machines OP of this or the thread in the link are running, May be a problem with some setups?

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

See blue people!

Posted by: MauChann.3081

MauChann.3081

I knew i wasn’t the only one with the weird water!
(: Dont worry i went through the entire troubleshooting procedure and nothing helps with that. I guess we can only wait until someone notices it as a bug and repairs

See blue people!

Posted by: Ignis.3012

Ignis.3012

Deleting Local.dat seems to have resolved the issue, have you tried that yet?

See blue people!

Posted by: MauChann.3081

MauChann.3081

Well i reinstalled the client because i had more issues going on. xD The weird textures are gone now. Sadly that’s the only thing that’s solved

See blue people!

Posted by: Ignis.3012

Ignis.3012

UPDATE
Appearantly deleting local.dat actually doesn’t fix it, and the reason the loading screen hangs and causes the glitched textures is wether my vertical sync is turned on or not. Without Vsync the game runs fine, but now i have to deal with the screen tearing, still preferable over not being able to run the game at all of course.

Try disabling VSync and restart the game, worked for me.

(edited by Ignis.3012)

See blue people!

Posted by: Xenza.1429

Xenza.1429

I am also experiencing both of these issues.

I have a workaround for the blue green textures which is to go to graphics setting and change texture quality to medium and then back to high. You will need to do this each time you enter a new zone which is tedious.

I also cannot change resolution within the game settings without getting a crash with a directx 9 error. Luckily i can change settings outside the game using geforce experience.

I have tried various graphics drivers, the beta driver, 32 and 64 bit client, compatibility modes (not that it should make a difference).

Specs are:
2015 Razer Blade
i7 4720HQ (2.6 – 3.6ghz)
16gb ddr3
Gtx970m 3gb

I am running windows 10 and haven’t tried rollling back to 8.

Not ssure exactly when this started happening as i wasn’t playing GW2 very often for a while. It may have been the upgrade to 10 but i can’t be sure.

For now i guess its just follow the below steps until someone fixes it.

Enter zone,
Ctrl+alt+del and cancel (when loaded to break the hang)
F11, select graphics, change texture quality to med then back to high (fixes blue and green textures).

Hoping for a fix soon!
Xenza

See blue people!

Posted by: Xenza.1429

Xenza.1429

Vsync does appear to be the culprit!

Thanks a lot, (This isn’t really a fix but is better than what I was doing!)

See blue people!

Posted by: Breadman.5017

Breadman.5017

Having an issue where certain textures are not loading properly. It can usually be fixed by switching my textures to low, then back to high. Though, the night sky will never properly render.

This might be related but I also have an issue where the loading screen hangs and I have ctrl+alt+del then hit cancel to return to GW2 before the zone will fully load.

I have checked all the graphics settings, run a diagnostic on my graphics card and reinstalled the game, nothing has resolved the issues listed above.

Attachments:

See blue people!

Posted by: Jon Olson

Jon Olson

Programmer

Hello, the blue/green texture indicates a failure while creating the texture. Here, the failure is likely due to trying to create a texture while the DirectX device is lost. The game usually handles this but in some cases it does not. Other failure cases can also result in the blue/green texture.

We are investigating the reports of the game becoming unresponsive while in the loading screen. Unfortunately, the commonly suggested work around of pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del to bypass the stuck loading screen also has a side effect of hitting the texture problem mentioned above. We’re looking into that too.

Beta, Character Select/Create, Enhanced Squad UI, Play for Free, Raids, Streaming Client, & Mac

See blue people!

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I know it may sound common knowledge or even silly, but I had this bug happen when I used x86 system. So keep an eye for that, you might want to upgrade to an x64 OS as soon as possible.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

See blue people!

Posted by: SpeedyVilla.2487

SpeedyVilla.2487

I was wondering if anyone has experienced this issue before and if so, What could be the solutions? The water textures look like outline blocks and I know I have a good laptop to run the game. Could it be the graphics card? or could it possibly be a game loading error of some kind?

Attachments:

See blue people!

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

I fixed this problem by running a repair of the game client. I have had this issue before.

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.

See blue people!

Posted by: Schnook.5419

Schnook.5419

I’ve had this problem since HoT came out, so October 2015 this first started happening. I’ve tried everything and the only thing that solves it for now is turning v-sync off, which has already been mentioned. I’ve been through customer support and nothing they told me to do helped. They say they know about and it does only happen to Nvidia users. They need to sort it out and prioritise this over the minor things.

See blue people!

Posted by: Solerek.1805

Solerek.1805

After the Windows 10 force update GW2 started running at potato quality, so I downloaded an updated driver and it let me return to my regular graphics settings. My graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce 960m and I downloaded the driver for the 960 series. I have a laptop but I assumed it was not the netbook version of the graphics card though that could be the issue. Whenever I try to load into a map the golden circle spins in the corner for a while but then it eventually freezes. The only was to actually load the map is if I press ctrl+alt+del and then press cancel to return to the game. I’ve noticed that the water textures seem to be a little screwy (pictures below) and have also had issues loading snow next to rock textures (in Lornar’s pass for example) where a bright blue and green texture loads instead (no picture). I’m assuming these are related to the inability of the maps to load normally. My settings are also shown in the picture.

Attachments:

See blue people!

Posted by: VCRwolfe.6452

VCRwolfe.6452

i run windows 10 on a lenovo y700 laptop and prior to may 18, have been able to run the 64bit beta game client with no problem at various graphics settings both high and low

the issue is, when i load into maps, the load screens will freeze for indeterminate amounts of time, though ive learned i can jog them back into loading by ctrl+alt+del and escaping from that menu. after that point it will load me back into the game, into whatever map ive waypointed in, however there will be broken and/or missing textures (skybox, ground, water, character textures, etc. it varies). this issue continues until i waypoint out of the current map im in

adding to the issue is, that i can avoid this screen freezing and texture breaking if i tab out of the game while in between maps and loading screens and just tab back in when the tray icon flashes to tell me its loaded.

today i completely reinstalled the game from the new 64bit client and still i encounter this same problem

ive attached some of the screencaps ive gotten of the graphical errors

Attachments:

(edited by VCRwolfe.6452)

See blue people!

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

There is a problem with some laptops and Windows 10. Under the graphics options, disable vertical sync and/or select a windowed mode. You may also need to set the compatibility settings of Gw2.exe/Gw2-64.exe to Windows 7.

See blue people!

Posted by: Nefil.1097

Nefil.1097

I have pretty clean win10 64bit (original, installed 2 weeks ago).
i7-4710HQ/gtx860m 4GB/16GB ram
I just uninstallled and redownloaded game and still got the problem.
(I run 64bit client)
Other games runs well and smooth (Witcher, Skyrim, etc).
Anyone can help me?

Attachments: