Serious fall damage bug

Serious fall damage bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Archangelus.8671

Archangelus.8671

Every day I experience issues stemming from this bug, and every day I come back here, to this thread, hoping someone at ArenaNet will realize how huge this is, and say “We are aware of the issue, and plan on rushing out a fix with the patch on May 14th.”

Come on guys, this is a pretty horrible bug. Log in to Lion’s Arch, make a half jump forward, and all your skills hang up permanently (you can’t even sheathe your weapons). Make a half jump forward onto a WvW wall, and you can grab, but not use or let go of, Siege weapons, forcing you to reequip a weapon to escape. Make a half jump forward off a cliff and you can hit the ground, then stand still forever without taking falling damage. Simply Waypoint away safely.

This has got to be the worst, newest bug in the game, and it’s being ignored…

(edited by Archangelus.8671)

Serious fall damage bug

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I’ve had this happen to me loads over the last week. Died once because of it.

I’ve noticed that sometimes I effectively take fall damage twice, when I’m damaged the first time I land and then damaged after appearing to fall again.

It’s not a fun bug to experience in WvW.

Gandara

Serious fall damage bug

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

Some dev must have good laugh seeing how we die in loop falling of a cliff 20 times in a row…

Serious fall damage bug

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Tried it in Lions arch and same here, it happens almost all the time for me.

Serious fall damage bug

Posted by: Vilkata.4725

Vilkata.4725

Something similar happened to me and my girlfriend when we were playing, she fell off a vista and died like normal. Once I rezzed her however she took one step then suddenly she was falling off the vista again and died once more. I’ve seen this several times, you take fall damage and then get rubberbanded back up and take the fall damage a second time, very frustrating.

Leader of The Quiddity [Quid]
Everything is a Nemesis plot.

Serious fall damage bug

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

Where is the official response? This is a well known bug that has been around all month and affects everyone continuously.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

Serious fall damage bug

Posted by: stjf.7180

stjf.7180

This is continuing to seriously affect my play. Every time I log in and play I die at least once from jump looping or get the fall damage bug. They have to be linked and I hope such a serious bug gets a response soon, its really negatively affecting play which I’ve always otherwise enjoyed.

Serious fall damage bug

Posted by: Eirikr.8047

Eirikr.8047

I’ve been experiencing the same thing.

Serious fall damage bug

Posted by: Ilna.3076

Ilna.3076

This bug is extremely annoying, kills me sometimes when I do the pirate puzzle in LA. I fall into the water, move forward, fall again and die. Hopefully this’ll get fixed soon.

Serious fall damage bug

Posted by: Ikaros.7812

Ikaros.7812

Where is the official response? This is a well known bug that has been around all month and affects everyone continuously.

Has anyone tried to report it through the official channels (Twitter or Facebook)?

Banana And Cookies [BC]
all is vain

Serious fall damage bug

Posted by: Fatfox.4915

Fatfox.4915

It’s still occurring and is causing chaos with jumping puzzles that use teleporting as part of a mechanic. Cubular fells especially.

All over the world, all races, all classes. It’s beginning to get to me now, as you realise that lots of jumping is involved in general exploring.

Serious fall damage bug

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

Has anyone tried to report it through the official channels (Twitter or Facebook)?

I lol`d, then I /facepalm`d because this is unfortunately so true.
I`ll try on Tumblr also

Just done my first pve anything in gawd knows how long, ran Grenth (non) event in Orr & when I say ran, I really mean fall… kittening constantly.
Taking 2-3 times the amount of damage from 2-3 falls in one loop, means insta-dead for an Ele`, especially since they screwed up with the nerf bat.

FIX YOUR GAME!!
If you can`t fix it, find someone who can.

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

Serious fall damage bug

Posted by: Deano.7913

Deano.7913

I have been having something like this happen a lot. Sometimes I do get damage on the first fall. Then I fall from midair again and take the damage again. Sometimes it does it repeatedly until I am dead. I found its not as bad if I don’t move for a moment after a fall. Pretty ugly bug.

[WP] Wisenheimer Prime | Guild Leader
Polyhistor Serpente – lvl 80 Elementalist | Crystal Desert
http://www.twitch.tv/polyhistorsl

Serious fall damage bug

Posted by: WBL.6715

WBL.6715

I suspect the code was added to prevent bots from teleporting quickly. So if you move too quick, example falling, it moves you back.

I’ve had the fall bug and it killed me, also, doing daily events, I was looking for events in shiverpeak areas and waypointed to quickly and it moved me back to the previous waypoint AND took my gold. I had to pay double!

Serious fall damage bug

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

I started noticing this bug a week or two ago, especially in WvW. Around the same time another bug appeared that will cause you to keep re-appearing at the top of a fall right after you hit the ground when you fall down a steep slope.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Serious fall damage bug

Posted by: AeroJavi.1687

AeroJavi.1687

Arenanet, adress this asap.

Serious fall damage bug

Posted by: hatspixelscake.7506

hatspixelscake.7506

Happens to me a lot in WvWvW and the start of the Maw fractal (100% on the first Maw platform jump). Like the other posters here, I never once had this issue before the 30th of April patch.

I fell in a puzzle today and ran around for almost a full minute before taking a single point of damage. During this time I could cast skills and chat in party window. Then I caught the fall damage => one-shot defeated.

Please fix this or post an acknowledgement/update on this issue.

Serious fall damage bug

Posted by: Sai.5908

Sai.5908

I can also now confirm that this bug killed me in the Pirate Puzzle in LA, I fell down the water fall, and the moment I stepped on “dry” land I fell again onto the land, dying instantly. Please fix!

Yeah I’m getting this bug also on the same jump , except I landed on the water but I still died .

Serious fall damage bug

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

I also have this bug sometimes. It doesnt trigger only when swapping or using a skill, but also out of the blue.

I suspect that it has to do with the measures taken to avoid the teleportation exploit, but that lag is the main cause of the problem.

If the server looses track of you, specially when the client is reporting positions that are too far away from eachother the server forces the client to teleport back to the last known confirmed location. This is a great way to stop the teleportationexploit, but it seems also to be triggered by lag wich makes the biggest problem when falling.

This could be fixed by making the detection of the unauthorized changes of location less depended of distance on the z-axis (height). e.g. every z-axe distances is allowed unless it is further then the amount that would lead to defeat.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Serious fall damage bug

Posted by: Velgarth.8905

Velgarth.8905

I posted about this bug last week here, https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Falling-Bug/first#post1986647

I’ve got to say it’s really starting to get on my nerves I’ve been working towards my 100% map completion with my Charr engineer so I’ve been in alot of different areas and the bug seems to occur everywhere I go. It’s most annoying when you seem to take fall damage 3 or 4 times sometimes and the example I posted in my forum topic was really frustrating.

I have to say I’ve never had any problem with bugs but this really is a very obnoxious (and repeated) one.

Hope it gets fixed soon

Serious fall damage bug

Posted by: Eleri Tezhme.3048

Eleri Tezhme.3048

The rubber banding is new for me- it can happen even on falls where I wouldn’t take damage.

Serious fall damage bug

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

This still has not been fixed.

I just cc’d an enemy engineer off a ledge in sPvP (a fall that should have killed him given his current hp) and he rubber banded all the way back up to the top and then got downed.