Server disconnecting is out of control

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: alccode.1297

alccode.1297

Since a few patches ago I’ve been regularly disconnected during the transition into maps, or out of PvP matches, etc. I just now got d/c’ed (“lost connection with server”) while in the middle of the Caudecus mission at the end of LS3 ep4. My desire to replay this mission at the moment has plummeted so I will have to do other things before I retry it.

The constant disconnecting now in the game is completely unacceptable. I don’t think there has been any acknowledgement on Anet’s part that this is even occurring.

So my suggestion here is that if the networking issue is too difficult to address, that a system of checkpointing is implemented instead, at least for instanced content. This would resolve so much frustration in the playerbase.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Have you used tools to determine the cause of you disconnecting? Because it is not playerbase-wide. I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve been disconnected in the past 5 years.

It’s best to use something like ping-plotter and show the results to the Tech CS Team via a Support Ticket; then they may assist you.

Good luck.

Posted by: alccode.1297

alccode.1297

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try this. Since I’ve experienced my second disconnect just an hour later, towards the end of ep5, something must be up, and perhaps ping plotter might reveal it. (Thanks for the tool suggestion – I hadn’t heard of it before!)

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

https://www.pingplotter.com/fix-your-network is a good guide to using that tool to track down where the problem is happening. good luck!