Server transfer on October 31

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Risky.4132

Risky.4132

Long story short: I got dusk yesterday October 31, when the server transfer wait was 24 hours. I wanted to server transfer to finish up my 100%(was only missing WvW borderland maps) now just in case my server keeps getting dominated. Was hoping I could server transfer back to my home server today since yesterday it said my cooldown was 24 hours right before I transferred, but when I checked this morning, it says I have 6 days left? I’m not sure if this is intended or not, was hoping I would be able to get 100% and transfer back before the 7 day wait but I guess not?

TLDR: server transferred when wait time was 24 hours yesterday, have a 6 day wait time now

Posted by: Wipp.2786

Wipp.2786

Last time i checked they said “after Nov. 1 you will need to wait 7 days to use server transferrs again”.

EDIT: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Free-World-Transfers-Limited-to-Once-Every-7-Days/first#post579275

Posted by: Wipp.2786

Wipp.2786

Yes, but if you were still within those 24 hours today, time would be reset to the new standards. (not sure if this is right, but it is something to be expected)

Risky.4132

Yeah I can see that now, although its a little misleading, I saw the 24 hour cooldown so I used it, its not like it gave me a warning or anything.

Risky.4132

They could globally reset the server transfer cooldown, and starting from NOW it will be a week long transfer time, as we can all see this has effected a lot of people…

Posted by: Kiss.5729

Kiss.5729

Same here.
I’ve transfered At 22 gmt+1 yestarday and last time i’ve se the counter, the counter say “transfer ready in 3 hours”,
and now i see 6 days? what is that?
Fix it please.
U say from 1 Nov, not 31 Oct.
Thanks

Posted by: Jaspreet.6503

Jaspreet.6503

Make it 4 people, i want my server transfer and i want it now! I accepted to transfer yesterday and on that time it said if u transfer now your next able transfer is in 1 day, i transfered on THAT condition and now u put me on another condition and let me play freaking solo for 6 days, not even getting a repply on my support ticket, if it was a free game then it can happen, but this is a paid game and i did not bought the game to be hold of to play with my friends, better get a fix in this!

Posted by: AnnColorless.3908

AnnColorless.3908

My problem is related to this. I transfered to Vabbi yesterday evening to get guild’s bank and send it to Gandara one not knowing that changes were coming (it was shown neither in the launcher and nor on the mainpage). I’m a teamplayer, I play mostly with my friends, my friends are all left on Gandara and waiting me back. Please, ANet, transfer me back to them, I’m not farming WvW or things like that.
There’re 900 gems on my acc, take them, but get me back to Gandara!, I can’t play alone all week! sob-sob-sob

AnnColorless.3908

we can’t play with Friends on a Massively Mulitplayer Online ? are you kidding me?
And it is a BUG because we change server in 31/10 NOT IN 1/11

I’d recommend you to stop raging, because GMs could get annoyed with your behavior and ban us all ^.^

Posted by: Pyles.5301

Pyles.5301

I too am annoyed with this. I would have been at ~8 hours left in CD when now i am at 5 days CD.

The official comms stated November 1st when the action they took was inclusive of October 31st. There was no mention of retroactively applying this to existing CDs at the time.

Anyone who transferred on the 31st October at any point in the day will have been extended by ~5-6days.

So please Anet confirm if this is a bug and you will correct it. As above i too wish to rejoin my guildmates.

Risky.4132

Yeah lets just hope they just like globally reset the server transfer cooldown and let people transfer 1 more time because this has effected a ton of people, lets hope someone from anet can at least respond and let us know if this will happen or not..

Posted by: Xbaby.3864

Xbaby.3864

I got the same Problem! When I transfered server message told me: cant transfer for 1day. Now transfer button tells me: wait 6days….

Posted by: Dibrom.6408

Dibrom.6408

I transferred to another server for Halloween and the transfer warning gave 1 day as the waiting period. 2 days later it’s 5 days before I can transfer.

Guess no WvW this weekend. Silly me trying to play with friends.

This really pisses me off. I busted to 80 to be able to play this weekend.

Arenanet: The paragon of truth.

(edited by Dibrom.6408)

Posted by: Kiss.5729

Kiss.5729

ehm… we are always in others server from our. we need help. this is not our (in my case MY) mystake.
i’ve transfered on 31 OCT not on 1 NOV and want return back on my server…
Please help us.

AnnColorless.3908

I’ve written to the support this morning, asking for answer for all of us. Silence.
Good that I haven’t finished reading A Song of Fire and Ice yet ^.^

Posted by: Annonith.4032

Annonith.4032

Same here. Guess I’ll just catch up with my studies for the next 5 days ^^

Posted by: Xbaby.3864

Xbaby.3864

This is kittened. They should at least leave us a comment

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

they should have resetted the debuff before the change went online

Posted by: Oreos.2814

Oreos.2814

Same problem for me. I changed late on the 30th, come the first it says I have 5 days to wait. A global reset would be nice before having to not playing all weekend because playing alone sucks.

Posted by: Kultz.5763

Kultz.5763

This seems more like a rant than a bug report… You switched servers, ArenaNet changed the rules and you got the short end of the deal. Hey, it happens.

And besides, by the time it would take them to do something your cooldown will probably be over, so just be patient.

Posted by: Toilieban.1409

Toilieban.1409

Kultz, I’m sure you appreciate your opinion, but I doubt others with this issue do. There was a clear post about this in the forums, which is contrary to what has happened to us. Flatly, customer services stated that there was an error, but they did not have the facility to change it. Please refrain from stating an opinion in a matter that neither applies to you, nor affects you.

Posted by: Kultz.5763

Kultz.5763

There was a clear post about this in the forums, which is contrary to what has happened to us. Flatly, customer services stated that there was an error, but they did not have the facility to change it.

If there’s already a post about i don’t see why another one is being made, specially if, according to you, customer services is aware of it and has stated that they can’t do anything to change it.

And again, the time it would probably take them to roll out a fix for this the cooldown will be over. If you look through this forum i bet you will find other bugs that deserve more attention than something like this.

AnnColorless.3908

I’ve got an answer. They can’t move me to my server because it’s full (population – high as my client says), but I can change homeworld as soon as it’s availible and for free (I can’t right now – cooldown 5 days is on it’s place) or join friends in the same location (I can’t and he can’t as well – we checked it twice). But I got an answer!

Posted by: Raijjn.8256

Raijjn.8256

y’know what I see? a bunch of people exploiting the world transfer, now that it has caught up with you, you’re crying.. lemme call you a waaaaambulance… you were given prior notification that it was going to change to 7 days on the 1st.. you should have taken this into account

stop crying like little girls that you can’t now exploit the world transfer…
if it were up to me, it’d cost 5000 gems to transfer, feel lucky you got to exploit for free

Posted by: Nefaria.7659

Nefaria.7659

Last time i checked they said “after Nov. 1 you will need to wait 7 days to use server transferrs again”.

EDIT: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Free-World-Transfers-Limited-to-Once-Every-7-Days/first#post579275

Based on responses here, players assumed that transferring on October 31st (or late October 30th possibly) would make them exempt from the time wait increase as they already had a cooldown timer.

It did change over on November 1st, as the day/month cycles are done based on the GMT timezone.

Dibrom.6408

Also happened to me.

The servers I changed to from haven’t ever been near the same tier on WvW. I busted to 80 to play this weekend then I’m screwed because I wanted to play with friends on Halloween.

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Thank you for your feedback. While we realize that this has negatively impacted some of you, it is part of the new system’s design that with the new transfer time you will have to wait seven days from the date of your last transfer to transfer again. We apologize for the inconvenience this causes, and hope you will find that these changes help balance WvW matches.

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

(edited by Jason King.2647)

Dibrom.6408

Thanks for addressing the heart of the issue here- WvW balancing! To those saying you’re stuck on a server due to lack of communication/poor planning/yet more bugs, take heart that WvW will be more balanced. You’ll all be able to enjoy it next week.

Posted by: Toilieban.1409

Toilieban.1409

Nefaria,

Please understand. Several of the people posting in this topic have spent their GW2 gaming experiance on one server. We had no intention of changing wvw. Myself, i didn’t even use my main character. I used a level 20. I simply went to other servers and asked people what they thought of wvw, what they wanted and so on. On the 31st I made my last server transfer, wondering if I would find what I considered to be a better fit for my guild. My guild discussed the pros and cons of each server we had visited. We considered the impact our guild might have on wvw. We didn’t want to exacerbate previous issues but to empower our destination. We finally chose a server and the many people who had been transferring all week in order to best pick the server were blocked from joining the server we had chosen.

This, in full knowledge of the post regarding the 1st nov change, is somewhat frustrating. As a guild we were particular to reduce the problems that we saw in wvw. Due to errors on Arena Nets side we are now suffering without being able to party with friends, nor participate in wvw.

I don’t understand why you feel the need to post here and attempt to abuse people.

Posted by: Nefaria.7659

Nefaria.7659

Nefaria,
Due to errors on Arena Nets side we are now suffering without being able to party with friends, nor participate in wvw.

I don’t understand why you feel the need to post here and attempt to abuse people.

I was trying to provide information to help people understand the situation but if you class that as abusive I shall refrain from doing that in the future.

I hope you’ll be able to play with your friends again soon.

AnnColorless.3908

Okay, now, positive news!
Guys, I foung two ways to join my buddies. Firstly, start raiding with your friends! You can’t join them in open-world locations, but instances and LA-overflows are open for multi-guild parties. Moreover, November Monthly consists of raiding part – explo-runs. I found this opportunity working yesterday evening.
Sets from explo-modes are extremely effective for seconds-thirds-how-many-chars-you-already-have and for 80 as well. Have a look on vendors goods if you haven’t yet. Vendors are situated in the castle in LA, where WvW teleports are.
Secondly, about LA-overflows. Arrange a guild-run through local Jumping Puzzles. Lots of fun and silly deaths for some fun-guilds.
I know this is not much, but I hope it’ll help you to reach new cooldown without such a negative feeling.

(edited by AnnColorless.3908)