Severe FPS drop after 3/8 patch

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

I had perfectly fine performance before the patch, but now I am seeing ~10 FPS without any change in settings. It’s making it very hard to do anything involving jumping and is forcing me to somewhat button mash for combat since there seems to be a slight delay, which makes it hard for me to maneuver my thief around.

Somewhat random, in that I will occasionally get a session where it goes back to normal, but area transitions or use of waypoint travel can cause it to either start or stop occurring. May also have something to do with the particular computer boot up; I shut down over night, and on some days I can get it to stop by purposefully waypoint traveling while on others nothing will stop it.

Attachments:

Posted by: Zac.2483

Zac.2483

same here, since latest update my fps droped from 30fps to 15fps , seems ok when you first login, but as soon as you change map or char it drops

Posted by: MauChann.3081

MauChann.3081

Yep, As soon i load up my character, mapchange, or switch characters i get a massive fps drop. Just for a few minutes, after that it’s fine with here and there a lagspike.
Its almost as if the loadingscreens are just there for the sake of being pretty now and the map actually loads when you’re already in the game.

Posted by: Slaap.1724

Slaap.1724

Same. My fps switches from 50 to 20 seemingly at random. Sometimes everything goes smoothly and sometimes I spend an hour looking at a slideshow.

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Low-FPS-at-all-times-since-3-8-16-patch/first#post6039781

Here someone had the same problem. Probably just a coincide with the patch. If you run ping plotter (free to download) we can see if it’s your ISP or any nodes along the way to Anet servers that is causing issues.

Posted by: domness.6719

domness.6719

I get a massive FPS drop as soon as I open the Hero Panel or the PvP Panel. I have to tab out, change Fullscreen/Windowed Fullscreen a bit, and then it’ll go back to normal. But then as soon as I open the hero panel again it drops back down to 6-15 FPS

[OP] Optimise

Posted by: MauChann.3081

MauChann.3081

Maybe others do have problems in pingplotter but i’ve looked at it myself and its perfectly normal. So i’m kinda out of options atm

Boogiepop Void.6473

My ping is normal throughout. There is no visible correlation between ping and the FPS drop.

Posted by: Slaap.1724

Slaap.1724

After reading the other thread, I reinstalled my Nvidia driver (and jiggled the power cord for good measure). I’ve only tested it for an hour, but everything seems to have been fixed.

domness.6719

I get a massive FPS drop as soon as I open the Hero Panel or the PvP Panel. I have to tab out, change Fullscreen/Windowed Fullscreen a bit, and then it’ll go back to normal. But then as soon as I open the hero panel again it drops back down to 6-15 FPS

Turns out the latest NVidia driver is a bit buggy. Rolled back and it’s fine now.

[OP] Optimise

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

I had perfectly fine performance before the patch, but now I am seeing ~10 FPS without any change in settings. It’s making it very hard to do anything involving jumping and is forcing me to somewhat button mash for combat since there seems to be a slight delay, which makes it hard for me to maneuver my thief around.

Somewhat random, in that I will occasionally get a session where it goes back to normal, but area transitions or use of waypoint travel can cause it to either start or stop occurring. May also have something to do with the particular computer boot up; I shut down over night, and on some days I can get it to stop by purposefully waypoint traveling while on others nothing will stop it.

I agree. Ping times aren’t telling much of anything, it’s like a sudden load not expected in most video cards just came out of nowhere dragging our “very adequate” video cards and even possibly memory right down into slow motion-ville.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Posted by: Zac.2483

Zac.2483

yep, seems to be nvidia driver, rolled back to v362 from lastest v364.51 and my fps is back to normal av30fps

Boogiepop Void.6473

Still getting this, and seems to be getting worse. Now seeing FPS <10.

Boogiepop Void.6473

Still not fixed.

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

This is an individual issue. This will not get fixed in a patch. You can try to get help from support with a ticket but there a lot of things this could be, tho it isn’t on Anets end.

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Turns out the latest NVidia driver is a bit buggy. Rolled back and it’s fine now.

I have an nVidia card as well, and the last update on it was today. I’m still logging in with 17fps in LA, and this is happening about one time in three that I log in. The rest of the time I’m sitting proudly on 60fps. I can change maps but the FPS drop won’t change if I logged in with it – it will be with me for the entire session.

(Thanks for starting this thread – I was going to make one of my own, but this appears to outline my experiences with the game almost in parallel).

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

domness.6719

Did you roll back to the 362 driver version? That’s the latest that doesn’t cause issues for me.

[OP] Optimise