Severe FPS drop after 3/8 patch

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

I had perfectly fine performance before the patch, but now I am seeing ~10 FPS without any change in settings. I originally thought the Lion’s Arch instance I was in was over crowded due to the patch rush, but it has persisted across several maps. It’s making it very hard to do anything involving jumping and is forcing me to somewhat button mash for combat since there seems to be a slight delay, which makes it hard for me to maneuver my thief around.

Posted by: SigiBoo.7369

SigiBoo.7369

Had the same issue today, was on fullscreen mode (lower res for avoiding tequi crash), now back on windowed fullscreen everthings fine. (fps 118)

Posted by: slashouse.1374

slashouse.1374

Same here, actually on fullscreen isn’t working properly (some weird black flashing on 3/4 bottom of the screen)

Posted by: Freaklund.7086

Freaklund.7086

I will add my voice to this, having experienced a hard performance drop in FPS as well as sound and rendering lags. I’ve had several battles in complete silence against enemies that haven’t been rendered at all.

Posted by: Megis.9264

Megis.9264

I get framerate bugs as well, sometimes when loading a map it just goes down to 8 fps, or lower on bigger maps.

Vsync mentions it can cause this, but I still get it after turning it off.

The only thing that sometimes helps is closing the game and restarting my graphical driver runtime, and sometimes not even that works.

The strangest thing, though, that in first person mode everything works fine, the frame rate instantly goes back to normal, and back to the single digits when scrolling out.

With me this problem has persisted for months, though, but lately got much worse.

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

Good news is it seems to have dropped down to only happening in Lion’s Arch now. But it is still happening.

Posted by: Thorquist.8126

Thorquist.8126

I’ve got the fps drop with this patch as well.

Posted by: Will.6829

Will.6829

Does changing your network streaming setting to ‘Max’ fix the problem I wonder?

Posted by: SigiBoo.7369

SigiBoo.7369

Have to repeal my above done statement. Started with shatty today, everthing fine, switched to Lions Arch and then had again same drop like yesterday (7 fps).
Mode is still on windowed full :-(