Severe Lag Spikes, Constant Disconnects

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Havidos.9328

Havidos.9328

Yaks Bend has been unplayable since this patch this morning when I logged in. At first I thought it was just my internet connection. After confirming no one else is hogging the bandwidth, I logged back in. Played for about 5 minutes with unbearable lag spikes to end in a disconnect again. So now i’m thinking it was my Internet Service Provider, so I contacted them and they confirmed that I am where I am supposed to be for bandwidth and they are not experiencing any difficultys. Then I make a comment in MAP chat, and EVERYONE started speaking up thinking it was just their system. Now everyone is realizing it. Someone had mentioned they went to a lower populated server as a guest and there were no issues, so apparently it is just on Yaks Bend Server that I am aware of.

Posted by: grimenishi.4986

grimenishi.4986

I am also on Yak’s Bend, and I can confirm having the exact issues….practically unplayable. These disconnects are random…it has happened twice before and for the entire day I could not play because of the laggy disconnects. I go without seeing it for a month, but then randomly happens again….Played other games such as team fortress 2, League of Legends, Diablo, and starcraft in testing and have not had any problems…only this game.

Posted by: Havidos.9328

Havidos.9328

I had to guest on another server today just to play the game.

Posted by: SirHypnotoad.6549

SirHypnotoad.6549

I was having disconnects in high population areas until I enabled QoS on my router. TCP/UDP 6112, 6600 high priority.

Posted by: CriminalMind.4379

CriminalMind.4379

Confirmed. Very laggy and disconnects.

Posted by: Flytballong.9057

Flytballong.9057

i also get some really annoying lagspikes from time to time, everything stops and 5 secs later i see my char spam all the spells i pressed in like 0.5 secs.
At first it wasnt that annoying but over and over again and on top of that playing as a thief it really starting to get to me.
server is Ruins of Surmia….i hope they fix it soon

Posted by: Gmbcrew.6209

Gmbcrew.6209

I am having the same problem on Sea of Sorrows. Ever since I downloaded the patch yesterday I keep getting lagg spikes and random disconnects. Please fix this..

Posted by: Luthronium.9362

Luthronium.9362

Same experiance → Desolation server.

Posted by: Aurora.4027

Aurora.4027

I am having the same experience here in Yak’s bend – though the only place it is specifically terrible/unplayable is the Frozen Maw event in Wayfarer’s foothills.
During this event, esp with a high number of people the lag can be up to 30s/1 minute between using a skill and it actually being used on screen.

I am noticing it too in some other areas but it is usually playable (lag of maybe 1 sec)

A lot of people in my guild are experiencing the same problem.

Posted by: The Moose.7532

The Moose.7532

Same problem with Yak’s Bend. I’ve noticed it in many different areas. Hrathi Hinterlands, Queensdale and Plains of Ashford. The first two I might be able to attribute to high population for World Bosses. But the latter? Maybe AFK people lfg-ing to go to AC? Worst place was in Cursed Shore. Was the only place I kept on getting DC’d and had very large gaps of rubberbanding (up to ten seconds).

Posted by: bjchase.3074

bjchase.3074

Yaks’ Bend here. I am getting lag spikes in Cursed Shore. Everything freezes in place (though arm/head/environment effects still move) for about 5 seconds, than it catches up. I have not noticed it in other zones yet and I have not noticed it in Cursed Shore before (though it has been a few days since I have been to that zone).

I should note that I am not even near any big event when this happens (I’ve stopped doing those due to mainly the lag, and lesser so due to culling). I have been in the area where Plinx chain goes (and I was the only one doing that for most of it).

Stormbluff Isle
Straight Outta Kryta [KRTA]
I fart in your general direction

(edited by bjchase.3074)

Posted by: Piekasejs.3590

Piekasejs.3590

EU server Far Shiverpeaks. Constant lags and dc. Even when playing with lvl 2 toon in Caledon Forest. (Not to mention wvw, and boss event lags)

Posted by: Peclipse.6197

Peclipse.6197

Also on EU Far Shiverpeak with the same problems. Though i’ve been having these issues for more than two weeks now.

Posted by: Piekasejs.3590

Piekasejs.3590

Well i had lags in LA, terrible frame by frame lags in wvw and dragon fights. But this constant dc and lagging yesterday wit lvl 2 toon, was awful.

Posted by: Clooney.8704

Clooney.8704

i am on yaks bend as well, any VERY high pop. event i get disconnected, this may be connected to the sound bug because just adjusting my sound quality slider causes my game to crash ( god forbid i adjust it during a large event).

Plus, yaks bend has a number of bugged events including lyssa and everyone’s favorite farming event.

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Hey everyone,

While it sounds like the same issue is being reported here, there can be multiple reasons behind this, so I’d like to try and separate out what we can do something about and what we’re working on.

Here’s what we’re already aware of and DO NOT need more information on:

• If you’re lagging in a world boss fight and/or with lots of other players around
  • If you’re lagging in WvW with a zerg
  • If you’re crashing to desktop

If this does not describe the issue you’re seeing, please provide the following information:

• What server you’re on
  • What map you’re experiencing the lag on
  • If you are disconnecting, the error code that appears on DC

Thank you for your help!

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Posted by: Beastmaster.5071

Beastmaster.5071

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but my game sometimes crashes when I speak with any of the merchants (bank dude, trading post dude, repair dude or any other kind of npc dudes) in WvW. Just by clicking F makes the game crash. This has happened in pretty much all the borderlands and EB. I am on Blackgate server.

Posted by: Barock.7183

Barock.7183

I’m haring huge lang is spvp almost to unplayable lagg I reinstalled the game als checked all my settings/internet speed etc and nothing helps also i only havi this in spvp wvwvw is fine and pvp also has no problem

I play on desolation
This happens in all maps 80%of The game time
Also There are more players experiencing this issue but not all at the Same time.

Posted by: Twylla Night.1792

Twylla Night.1792

I have been having DC problems since the last update — Friday Mar 15. Disconnect sends me to my character select screen. I can hit return immediately and get a blank screen while my character loads. After a fairly long wait with the blank screen, I am back in.

I haven’t checked to see if the error code is always the same, but the one time I wrote it down it was:
7:11:3:189:101

I play on the Yak’s Bend server. When I first log on, it doesn’t happen as much and the frequency tends to increase with the length of time I am logged on. When I log completely off (including closing the log in screen) then I can reset the frequency to a longer interval.

The frequency is also dependent on the number of people in the map. The problem is worse with more people and in the wee hours (PST) the problem almost disappears (almost but not quite — I still DC, but with lots of play between DCs.)

The other thing that affects frequency of DC is Maw. I can get through Maw without DCing if I just logged on and I catch Maw the first time it comes up when I am in the map. If I miss Maw and wait for another cycle, then I will be DC’d during Maw and not be able to get back into the map until Maw has completed.

If I successfully complete Maw with one character and select another character and go back to Wayfarer’s Foothills, then I am guaranteed to DC during the middle of the next Maw. In other words, I can do Maw, then I have to log off completely and log back on to do Maw on another character.

Thank you for looking into this, Jason.

Posted by: Jambas.6204

Jambas.6204

If this does not describe the issue you’re seeing, please provide the following information:

• What server you’re on

Huge lag,(pressing skills 5 times and nothing happens), even if i’m just roaming with a friend without enemies or when we are fighting for example 2 vs 2/ 2vs5.

My server → Seafarers Rest

What map you’re experiencing the lag on → Desolation borderland

Posted by: Seed.5467

Seed.5467

Well, i do not know if it helps, but 2 things happening to me after the last update.

1. Random DC as Code 7

2. Whenever i am trying to enter WvWvW and there is a queue, when i am been asked to go on queue, i am always getting thrown to the character selection screen. It doesn´t matter if i click “YES” or “NO”.

Regards

Seed

Posted by: Mirv.1572

Mirv.1572

Game is unplayable on certain maps, namely all of the Orr zones, Mount Maelstrom and random maps across the whole game. Lagspikes over half a minute long, and eventual disconnects. Extremely frustating if you’re doing Personal Story missions as these reset when you log out.
Server: Blacktide EU, and guested servers were also plagued by this, Desolation EU, Aurora Glade EU.

Fix it, getting tired of this happening every random patch deployed.

Posted by: Fluttershy.9372

Fluttershy.9372

Hey everyone,

While it sounds like the same issue is being reported here, there can be multiple reasons behind this, so I’d like to try and separate out what we can do something about and what we’re working on.

• If you’re lagging in a world boss fight and/or with lots of other players around

• What server you’re on

Thank you for your help!

I am on Gandara EU and i’m currently having huge lag spikes on Lion’s Arch map. I haven’t got disconnected yet.

Posted by: Eli.6795

Eli.6795

Hey everyone,

• What server you’re on

Thank you for your help!

*Sorrows Furnace
*Caledon Forest, haven’t travelled past it due to disconnects.
*error codes are as follows
Code=3032:1002:3:4352:101
Code=7:11:3:189:101

Please fix!

|Sorrow’s Furnace| [StaR] Commander
Myhkas [80 Charr Warrior]
Kushra [80 Sylvari Guardian]

Posted by: Aresius.4673

Aresius.4673

Far Shiverpeaks
Bloodtide Coast, 5s+ lag, well its lag on all other maps also, was ok for a week or so, now its back again. Problems ever since update specially on “prime time”.
Error im gettin is:
The game client lost its connection to the server. Please wait a few minutes before restarting the client and trying again. (Code=7:11:3:189:101)

Posted by: Geekfox.4267

Geekfox.4267

I got disconnected 5 times in Queensdale for the past 5 minutes. This is happening as soon as I stepped into Queensdale.

Then all of a sudden, something keeps on taking my health while I’m running. No enemies around, I got downed and died.

Yet for some reason, chat doesn’t seem affected since I see people talking during the connection issue in Queensdale.

I’m on Blackgate and my armor got damaged because of this connection issue.

(edited by Geekfox.4267)

Posted by: Geekfox.4267

Geekfox.4267

Well, I am now getting disconnected EVERYWHERE in the game. This has not happened for the past several months I’ve played Guild Wars 2.

Right now, I have to constantly “switch character” and reconnect with my character if my skills stop responding.

Posted by: Atrophied.8725

Atrophied.8725

On Tarnished Coast, any WvW map (whether in large or small groups). Code 7 disconnect to the character select screen.

Xandra – 80s in all classes – Ele/Guard mains – [TL] – NSP

Posted by: Ashiwo.5201

Ashiwo.5201

Fort Aspenwood
Every map .5 sec delay on skill activations, stops for 30 seconds in wvw zergs(which has not happened before).
Happened yesterday and still ongoing.

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

Lagging/disco’ing intermittently on Yak’s Bend. Currently playing in Wayfarer’s Foothills, haven’t checked other zones.

I play very late/very early (currently 4AM PST, but was happening since I logged in at about midnight), and this is a weekday so the load should be about as low as possible.

The code I get every time is 7:11:3:189:101, same as most others. Get a lag spike, then booted to char select screen. Spans between boots seems to be random, sometimes I get lagged out within a few minutes after a full reload of the client (i.e. exit to desktop→restart), sometimes I can survive lag spikes for a half-hour or so.

Hope this can get cleared up. I’m a bad enough player that I can’t cope well with mobs taking advantage of my lag on top of it. :-)

Posted by: deracs.1762

deracs.1762

Yaks Bend server. Cursed shores zone. Issues with lag and disconnects. The error code for the disconnect is "7:11:3:189:101
This could possibly be related to the entire zone being stuck for 7 days now at “pact operation southern advancement” which has been stuck at 60% and no other events spawning.

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Also Yak’s bend server. I experience major lag and disconnected during the Maw event. I also experience lag in Cursed Shore. This has only been since the patch. The lag that I experiencing now causes 3-6 sec of nothing and usually a disconnect. Prior to the patch, everything was fine except the normal lag you get from so many people in one area. I never ever disconnected though.

I am pretty much guaranteed to disconnected on maw. Every time now.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

Following in the footsteps of some others, despite a large loss in WvW bonuses, I’ve chosen to guest on another server since making my last post here, and while on Henge of Denravi, I had no noticeable lag, nor a single boot out in several hours of play. I tried logging back into my home server Yak’s again yesterday and while it seemed a bit less laggy overall, I still got lagged and booted after a short while. I immediately went back to Henge and had no issues for another batch of hours before logging out.

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

MAJOR LAG and disconnects. Kaineng. World Event Bosses. Not fun. -.-

GOOD LORD, what the hell happened to Guild Wars 2?

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

(edited by Gallrvaghn.4921)

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

I can’t do the Maw event anymore since the patch. I keep getting major lag and I disconnect every 15-30 seconds. I never experienced this prior to the patch.

I can do all other dragons, fire elemental, shadow behemoth, etc. although I also now disconnect randomly in Cursed Shore since the patch.

Attachments:

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

Posted by: JackCast.9387

JackCast.9387

MAJOR LAG and disconnects. Kaineng. World Event Bosses. Not fun. -.-

GOOD LORD, what the hell happened to Guild Wars 2?

It’s not fun to play anymore, move on to the next game…

Posted by: CriminalMind.4379

CriminalMind.4379

Yaks Bend – Wayfarer Foothills – Frozen Maw Event.
Several disconnects during event. Not just once but nearly every time I do the event.

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

I’m having problems with my mesmer Sanglei. I’m on the Tarnished Coast server in Dredgehaunt cliffs. It acted up when attempting the Bad Ice personal quest. Standard 7:11 error.

(edited by Zeivu.3615)

Posted by: Shanon.9741

Shanon.9741

Blah, blah, blah…..when can we expect an fix on this? Been going on for weeks now and these disconnects (especially in Wayfarer Foothills during the Frozen Maw world boss) are getting a tad bit frustrating.

Posted by: Deadly Moth.5687

Deadly Moth.5687

I’m on seafarer’s rest.

For nearly 2 weeks now I too am getting constantly disconnected (no matter what PC I use). The disconnects seem more frequent anytime I’m near Flame and Frost content or travelling to lions arch.
Normally I notice the disconnect when my skills will not trigger and I can’t talk to npcs or interact with anything (I can still run around even to the point where the map is void of any enemies or ncps, etc..), interestedly I can still search the trade post but if I try to purchase or sell the game then crashes out or takes me to the login screen (so I guess the game is running, but somehow disconnected from the game server)

Posted by: Bieniu.8537

Bieniu.8537

Server: Ruins of Surmia,
Map: Fireheart Rise,

I’m experiencing massive lag spikes and skill lag, also repeatable disconnections, error code: 7:11:3:189:101. I’m having this issues on two different IP.

I hope you guys will find out what is causing that issues and fix it soon:)

Posted by: Nymphetamine Ovrdse.7513

Nymphetamine Ovrdse.7513

Server: Whiteside Ridge
Map: Pretty much everywhere i go

Experiencing error code: 7:11:3:189:101 and a lot of lag/skill delay

Posted by: UnknownFreak.2805

UnknownFreak.2805

Server: Ring of Fire.
Map: WvW, PvP, PvE (Metrica province so far)

No disconnects yet, but massive message delays, even messages do not show at all some times (mostly happen in guild chat), delay can vary, pve is playable with minor delays.
For me it happen after the server reset, last Friday worked fine, but not today.

Hope you find an fix for this very soon.

How to crashreport…
Someone say game crash must be related to OOM
when you read the log it’s not related to that whatsoever…

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

Server: Underworld
Map: Everywhere exepct WvW

Massive delays in Skills, TP is giving 502 errors, it’s not playable.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: Kittara Rayne.1287

Kittara Rayne.1287

Server: Sanctum of Rall

Map: Everywhere except WvW

Takes forever for my character to load. Takes a very long time for other characters to load. All I see is thier name and title. This happens in zones with few people in it and crowded as well. I spend along time waiting for my skills to go off and my toon to load.

Also the TP is loading very slowly as well. Seems like a massive slow-down to the entire server.

Posted by: Orozar.5176

Orozar.5176

Server: Far Shiverpeaks
Maps: All
Except the things that were allready stated by you I’d like to add the problems to log in, the guild screen and chat that don’t work 50% of the time, TP that is not working and lag on really every map. This is not only happening to me, but to a variety of players. Checked my fps and network speed and those are both better than okay. Even the UI gets messed up today, for example the chat was not showing the tabs, the links on top of the screen dissappeared for about 5 minutes and then came back. Also Far shiverpeaks had a mass dc in wvw, which wasn’t really good because the other 2 servers (Fort ranik and Abaddon’s Mouth) didn’t have the same problem at that time. Maybe they had it on another occasion, but I gave up after 1 hr of playing today and several attempts to log in where I got 2 kinds of different errors.

Posted by: Xanadu.9085

Xanadu.9085

Server: Aurora Glade
Lions Arch, Dungeons and WvW – only with some of my (longer named) characters.

Problems are character specific for me!

Oddly seems to affect my alt characters with longer names. While my main Guardian character with hundreds of hours play is perfect with nearly no lag or disconnect issues ever.

Problems include:
Getting stuck on Lions Arch loading screen for hours.

In dungeons skill delays occur all the time and I get out of sync with the other players. I see them fighting, but in reality they are further on in the dungeon. Changing to my main character with shorter name fixes the issue and dungeon then works.

Sometimes I’ll get a ghost town version of Lions Arch or WvW for example where I can wander around but cannot interact with vendors etc or people until I get disconnected.
Weird that only the longer named characters are affected. I’d even consider a name change if it fixed the problem!
Very frustrating when I want to play an alt for variety and I absolutely dread a story mission in Lions Arch.

Posted by: gemgenie.4560

gemgenie.4560

Server: Piken Square
Only have one character so I cant comment on above re specific slots but I suppose my character does have a longish name if that helps (Marithia Redwood)

Was having lag issues in PvP yesterday but no disconnects.

Today had the odd little blip in Diessa but as soon as I headed into the Way farer foothills I came across problems. All seems fine until i hit the first attack or function (harvesting set it off at one point) then it freezes. I can normally see the targets and other players but all enemy’s are stationary though I do see a little movement on occasion from other players. I seem to be able to move but the attack/skill bar is constantly flashing and nothing happening. This happens for a few minutes before I get booted out (apologies I didn’t catch the codes on DC).

At one point I had the “Ghost town as well” – basically the map was there but no NPC’s, enemy’s or other players at all not even any bundles like boulders. Totally blank canvas with just me running round unable to do anything.

After running back through the map and a few DC’s later I have managed to get back into Diessa where things are running fine so far.

Little frustrating that Wayfarer is unplayable considering we need the audio logs for the Monthly achievements and you only seem to be able to get the ones in Diessa once per day (or is that another bug?? get and audio log once but if the sonic periscope pops up again in the same place there is no scrapheap once its killed)

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

I have no idea what changed in the last update but tonight I’ve been dumped to my desktop with one of those little “send message to Anet” boxes but NO error message. One moment I am running through WvW and the next moment the game is gone and that little white box is up.

I submitted the report as requested on the second time it happened because the first time the box disappeared before I could send the message. No error messages at all. Just all of a sudden I am looking at my desktop.

The game doesn’t seem to have any lag just prior to the dump, but I run on low graphics settings to prevent that.

Yak’s Bend server, dump from WvWvW this evening.
Time of dump was between 8:15 and 8:23pm EST.

Posted by: Taril.8619

Taril.8619

I’m going to put my name down on the “Frustrated with lag issues” list

Fissure of Woe server.

All maps and WvW maps (I’ve been doing Map Completion so have visited most areas and revisited some on different characters)

Seems to be getting worse with bigger spikes (Including huge amounts of rubber banding) and long durations (10+ minutes) of lesser lag (1-2 seconds of delay)

It occurs mostly (But not limited to) evenings though.

“Pull the trigger, move out ahead,
There’s two kinds of people… The quick and the dead”