Severe: Walk through closed enemy gates in EB

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Toroxus.9256

Toroxus.9256

In taking back our LowLands Keep in Eternal BattleGrounds as SBI from BP, a large portion of our zerg pushed against the south gate and many of us got teleported to the other, internal, side of the door, completely defeating the function of the gate as we were now inside the keep without even breaking down the doors.

We used rams on the door. All professions got inside, including, me as a Ranger who just walked against the gate, no skill usage or dodging. Not really sure how to recreate the bug that got so many of us through the gate, we weren’t expecting it, aware of the possibility, nor attempting to.

Toroxus.9256

Someone posted a picture in the SBI vs. BP vs. AR thread:

Attachments:

Posted by: Jigain.8231

Jigain.8231

Was the door at 0 HP but not graphically breached, or did it actually have health left when you passed through? I see in the picture that there were reports of the gate losing HP, going below 10% at least, that’s why I’m asking. Not critical if it’s just a graphical glitch, but if the gate still had health left, that’s quite the exploitable bug.

This post may contain a high concentration of sarcasm and irony.
If you are allergic to these ingredients, do not consume.

Toroxus.9256

Was the door at 0 HP but not graphically breached, or did it actually have health left when you passed through? I see in the picture that there were reports of the gate losing HP, going below 10% at least, that’s why I’m asking. Not critical if it’s just a graphical glitch, but if the gate still had health left, that’s quite the exploitable bug.

People were getting teleported in at all gate healths. We weren’t “walking” through smoothly, we got teleported to the other side. Many people of our SBI zerg were unable to get through the gate, while others did, including me. No ideas on how some of us did and some of us didn’t.

Posted by: Scizzor.8137

Scizzor.8137

Saw this happen a few times on my server. A guardian said he was able to glitch into the keep by using one of his hammer skills on the door. He was able to do it multiple in a row without a problem.

Toroxus.9256

This glitch is still happening. Our SBI zerg just walked through the north gate of Anvil Rock’s Keep in EB. We took the keep without even taking down any structure. Wooden gates on a Keep that are taking damage seems to be the theme. You might want to fix it.

Posted by: Ajax.4970

Ajax.4970

RoF have been getting large groups of people through our EB keep gates, which are still up, with this bug all evening so far.

We turned up to defend a keep which they were attacking and as soon as we started taking them down and getting the edge over them with defensive siege they immediately started getting people into the keep to take us down. This is a game breaking bug and is being actively exploited and needs to be fixed ASAP.

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

This has been documented here in a matchup thread:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/matchups/6-21-TC-FA-KN-1/page/12#post2312047

And reposted here in the bugs forum:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/EB-Red-Keep-water-gate-exploit/first#post2312067

This bug has been happening a lot this week since the skypirates patch it seems and has already caused some hard feelings.

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

Yep just happened to me, glitched through red keep on EB, jumped right back out. Hope I don’t get reported by 47378768776 people.

This needs to be fixed, its creating issues in game and matchup threads.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

Posted by: Yaro.3251

Yaro.3251

Acknowledgement/ETA on this from the Dev team would be nice.

Team Aggression [TA] – Golden Horde [GH]

Posted by: Bepchie.6590

Bepchie.6590

Experienced this bug tonight while defending Overlook Keep in EB.
Opposing players and golem managed to get though before the gate was down.

Attachments:

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

This really needs a thread in the WvW section .. last time we had a bug this severe the WvW devs acknowledged it right away.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Posted by: ZeroSignal.9651

ZeroSignal.9651

Much respect from Borlis Pass in your report Toroxus. I had this happen also while our zerg attacked Overlook earlier in the week too. We hugged the gate until it was destroyed legit from the outside as we didn’t want to exploit the glitch and look bad.

Hopefully ANet gets this fixed pronto.

Posted by: PinoTheMike.9803

PinoTheMike.9803

Thank you for reporting this on behalf of your server. I’m sure most incidents were unintentional, but there have been many reports of some individuals using the glitch to gain an advantage. We lost a fully upgraded Bay, that we held for several days, because a Mesmer decided to portal people in behind our defenses.

Please continue to discourage your server to accept portals in this manner, and I will do the same on my server. If anyone “walks” through the door, the honorable thing to do is fight your way back over the wall. SBI is playing so well this week and it would be a shame to tarnish it with incidents like what happened at Bay.

Posted by: Kiro.3164

Kiro.3164

Thank you for reporting this on behalf of your server. I’m sure most incidents were unintentional, but there have been many reports of some individuals using the glitch to gain an advantage. We lost a fully upgraded Bay, that we held for several days, because a Mesmer decided to portal people in behind our defenses.

Please continue to discourage your server to accept portals in this manner, and I will do the same on my server. If anyone “walks” through the door, the honorable thing to do is fight your way back over the wall. SBI is playing so well this week and it would be a shame to tarnish it with incidents like what happened at Bay.

Are you talking about when we had the Kiwi and TB guild ninja your bay with a distraction?

We opened NW gate to bay with golems and N gate of inner. That was a legitimate flip. No exploit was used.

If you guys didnt stick to trying to get SW camp or stayed at SE gate of bay we wouldnt have got it off you.

Seems like this through the gate glitch only happens when there are 75+ people in the area. But that just my guess. (Im not a mesmer so I dont know their skills)

As for honor, Servers. Call out your hackers, and bother them to the point of quiting. And as always, dont forget to report the users/abusers of exploits!

Main: Lv80 Thief
Alts: Lv80 Necromancer, Lv80 Mesmer
[GoF] Blackgate

(edited by Kiro.3164)