Shadowstepping out of the map

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Rhaegar.7630

Rhaegar.7630

Hello, I’ve recently encountered two bugs while playing.
The first one happened to me while doing Ascalon Catacombs Story Mode dungeon. After beating Cave Troll, we jumped down and were ambushed by ghosts of Ascalon. While fighting an Elementalist, I wanted to gain some range, so I used Thief’s Shadow Strike ability, that shadowsteps you away from target after hitting it with dagger. I’ve been cast out of map, fell deep down in water floating beneath. Had to use waypoint to get back into dungeon, where the fight was.
The second time I also used Shadow Strike while fighting a Veteran Eagle Griffon in Harathi Hinterlands, a bit to west from Wildspine Hills. I’ve been cast out of map again, falling into water. When i tried to get a bit out to the open, I hit wall made of the terrain, I’ve been thrown off.

2 Screenshots:
gw003 – check map for specific location of where I was tossed into water
gw004 – my character standing on a rock under the terrain, can’t get back up, not even by swimming underwater.

Attachments:

Posted by: Ixliam.7859

Ixliam.7859

It happens as well with mesmer’s “Phase Retreat” skill, especially if the skill goes off right when a mob does a knockback. I’ve been in this underwater area a few times, others I get stuck inside a rock, cannon, etc.

Posted by: Shailyn Slay.7234

Shailyn Slay.7234

This happened to my the 4th time now, I managed to get this bug with ‘Phase Retreat’ Skill, I managed to do it with ‘Deception’ (the 2nd Downed Skill on the Mesmer), and just now I managed to it by rallying (after using deception).
It’s really annoying because – unless you manage to find a place that isnt in the water in this interplanar space (most times its impossible) – you cant get out, other than using a waypoint or relogging. It also happened to me during the fight against the ‘Howling King’ (one of the endbosses in AC explorable mode).
I think the bug lies somewhere in the ‘teleport away from’ mechanic in these skills, the check wether you hit against some wall or not doesnt seem to work all the time.

(edited by Shailyn Slay.7234)

Posted by: Zephora.4163

Zephora.4163

This has happen to me more times than i can count (all I know is that it was more that 20 times). It seems to happen with any skills that teleports the Mesmer. This would normally not be that big of an issue for me but when I have to spend my money to teleport away it can become very frustrating.

Earlier today I was doing one of my personal story quests. 15-20 minutes into the story I was fighting some creatures and was teleported into a wall, and there was no waypoint to teleport to. I was forced to logout of the game and then log back into the game to continue. Of course when I logged back in I had to restart the quest from the beginning.

Guild Wars had a /stuck function that was helpful on many occasion. Adding something similar to this would at the very least minimize the frustration of being stuck in a wall/floor.

All in all this seems like a minor bug but it can cause major frustration if it continues to happen. I hope this is solved soon or i may have to stay away from using any skills that teleport the Mesmer, which is very hard to do since I love the Staff. A very helpful downed skill would also be off limits.