Shaemoor's Trainer's Terrace after NPE

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: insanelyapple.2870

insanelyapple.2870

I know it’s REALLY late but I do belive that Trainer’s Terrace within the Village of Shaemoor suffered much of New Player Experience; this philosophy of redesigning starting zones to be yet more friendly and easy to understand for new players, totally annihilated that place. Before the patch that introduced NPE Terrace had: professions NPCs, 2 trading posts and working vendors in nearby Inn – not mention the local stands in front of it selling some food.

Now it’s completely empty beside the passive-decorative NPCs wandering around and two soldiers training on dolls.

That place bothers me all the time because it gives an awful feeling that game is empty, nothing happens around (not mention that the event with catching rabbits eating watermelons is broken and doesn’t spawn that often) and npcs selling basic gear doesn’t exist. This situation doesn’t show GW2 in good light at all – especially when people tend to create Humans as their first race.
Sure, there’s a scout standing near “hospital” building pointing out what new players should do but that area is still quite deserted.

Other races got first renown hearts almost at entrances to their cities while Humans got that really long and empty space between exit from tutorial and first heart on Shaemoor Fields “Help Diah tend her farm”.

My suggestion is to populate Terrace again with NPCs – maybe even moving that scout there, prepare new NPC similar to one in Silverwastes that would explain basic stuff about traits, level rewards and unlocks, bring back tutors that would describe each profession in form of brief dialogue would be really cool (these could land in other zones as well) and most of all, restore vendors at Inn. Anything will be fine as long it will fit the Trainer’s Terrace name.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Yay, dumb NPE…. it has been a while I don’t say this…

Anyway, yeah… NPE broke pretty much immersion at several places of the game. It was a nice initiative but badly implemented and most stupid hand-holding I have seen and here we have another proof. OP’s case somehow reminds me of an area at Plains of Ashford that used to have TP and other NPCs.. now it’s barely empty with NPCs calling at nobody like “The crafter sent a message to you, boss.” with no boss there.

Well, I wouldn’t hold my breath expecting anything to change, after “barking at a wall” in another now-closed thread for one year without results, I don’t think anything would change (although I still defend that NPE should be revised). I’m not going to discuss further.. that thread contained a lot of the reasons for it…

Oh a last thing: you ask for more NPCs there? According NPE’s philosophy: “You are not supposed to interact with NPCs at that level because we think you are not able to do that yet. Come back when you are more experienced.” :P

(edited by shadow.6174)