Shattered Dragon Wings animation bug?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Ravinous.7452

Ravinous.7452

So someone linked the Holographic Shattered Dragon Wings in map chat (I didn’t ask how and not my point) and while looking at the preview, I noticed that the animation for them seemed off. By rotating I saw that they seem to flap like wanting to fly backwards and from the front and back they look like they want to pull my character to his left.

Attachments:

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

I noticed that too… You can preview them in the mists (they are in the PvP locker somewhere at the bottom).

To me (Asura) the animation also looks off. It looks like the wings are falling apart and reorganizing again instead of flapping… It’s difficult to describe, but the term “ugly” sums it up quite well… I so hope this is a bug

Posted by: Dantanian.9356

Dantanian.9356

Can anyone upload a video of this? I hope whatever you are describing is just a bug. I’d hate to have gone through all those achievements if the wing animation isn’t up to par.

Posted by: Sythus.2396

Sythus.2396

I previewed them on my Sylvari yesterday and they looked awesome, so it’s some races only then.

Rayti.6531

I just watched a video with a charr and those wings… There they look great.

As you can see in the screen above, the wings seem to be off (facing to the right). That’s a problem I also experienced in the preview of my Asura. But maybe that’s only in the preview…

I also only previewed them on the first day directly after the patch. I will have a look at the wings again when I’m home.

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

i actually like how they flap.. it’s like the wings are in pain and i think it’s appropriate given that they are ‘shattered’

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Posted by: nmoral.3876

nmoral.3876

i checked preview in some of my toons….it like you are flying backwards :S, the other wings animation/flying effect it is accomplished better

Leo Paul.1659

But… it’s poetic!

Posted by: Ravinous.7452

Ravinous.7452

I previewed them on my Sylvari yesterday and they looked awesome, so it’s some races only then.

I had thought of that which was one of the reasons I added the screenshot. I’m glad we found out about it before they are officially out in the public so they can have more time to fix it.

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

Yeah they look horrible, clip through my head on Asura, stretch and what not. I decided to use the normal ones, look much better.

Posted by: Kryptonite.9376

Kryptonite.9376

They are uneven on my human female mesmer too. They look alright, but you can tell one side is slightly higher.

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Are they constantly flapping like the regular ones?. I was thinking of getting them for my guardian, but if they’re constantly flapping I think I’ll pass.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: BaronSolace.6831

BaronSolace.6831

It’s not a bug, since when have you ever seen a dragon with broken wings fly properly. it fits the item perfectly. the wings are broken and shattered to hell and back why WOULD they look even and move correctly

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

It’s not a bug, since when have you ever seen a dragon with broken wings fly properly. it fits the item perfectly. the wings are broken and shattered to hell and back why WOULD they look even and move correctly

Umm have you ever fought the shatterer? Pretty sure he flys properly.

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I previewed em yesterday and they seemed lopsided to me :o

for the record they do flap, and oddly too lol.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Umm have you ever fought the shatterer? Pretty sure he flys properly.

flies properly?… he keeps crashing and breaking those crystals anytime he shows up..

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

He was not crashing!!! He was falling with style lol. And during the fight he flys up in the air a few times and at the end he flys away.

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

Posted by: tasha.4176

tasha.4176

https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/12999/gw123.jpg
they don’t look lopsided to me.

Leo Paul.1659

I feel that they flap appropriately, i really like it the way they look now in the preview.. We can always use the other set of wings if we don’t like the shattered ones..

Posted by: Entropy.4732

Entropy.4732

Just previewed them in the locker and gotta say, there’s absolutly something wonky and super awkward about the way they move. Instead of seeming powerful or graceful like the other wings, the shattered wings seem arthritic, choppy and fragile, like a wet baby bird struggling to flap it’s broken, slippery fetus wings. I’m still gonna grind for them but I wish they moved more fluidly and with better coordination.

Styx Hemlock – Sylvari Mesmer – TFG – NSP

Posted by: fastdriver.6948

fastdriver.6948

Seems like a bug.Plz Anet fix it.

Posted by: Kryptonite.9376

Kryptonite.9376

Not sure what to say about this LOL!
I can only guess he supports RNG boxes as well.

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

Not sure what to say about this LOL!
I can only guess he supports RNG boxes as well.

LMAO…. He’s secretly the dev that designed those wings. ;-)

Posted by: StarbornStriker.6493

StarbornStriker.6493

For the record, you can find the item code on the Wiki and paste it in chat to preview them (if anyone is curious, just learned this myself tonight).

Anyway I just previewed them on my human female elementalist and my male sylvari warrior. I have to say, the animation is much more fluid on the sylvari. On my human they looked a tad wonko, as if they were flapping very strangely and possibly slightly out of synch (almost like they were blowing in the wind and wanted to fly back like a parachute). On my Sylvari though they look very good. Not quite the same flap animation as the regular wings but the animation is much cleaner and seems to follow a more regular pattern. I’m posting this here in case it IS a bug, hopefully this information will be useful.

tasha.4176

they look super sloppy and awkward.

Posted by: Entropy.4732

Entropy.4732

they look super sloppy and awkward.

Well put. They look like two old men with broken wrists waving white, crudely made “I surrender” flags.

Styx Hemlock – Sylvari Mesmer – TFG – NSP

Rayti.6531

In case of my Asura – apart from the strange animation – they even clip slightly with the shoulders (my Asura has the smalkitten dy and one of the thin body types, so… don’t wanna know how the wings look on a “big, fat” one). Given that those wings are very/too small in comparison to my Asura’s body, I wonder how it is even possible to make them still clip…

It looks like the item hasn’t been adjusted to the different races and their physique – at all. I hope they will fix some of these issues.

I really liked the idea of shattered wings, and I also think the general design of them is great. But at the moment it seems to me, like those wings will only collect some dust in one of my bank slots because of the reasons mentioned in this thread…

(edited by Rayti.6531)

tasha.4176

A slower motion would be nice. Looks like these wings have a mind of their own, flopping about, every which way. No. :c

Posted by: Auruan.2837

Auruan.2837

I really want to enjoy this event. I really do.
A grind would be alright, if the reward lived up to the effort. I’m staring at the wings now, and I am 100% certain that if they aren’t adjusted in animation and clipping errors, I will not spend any minute trying to complete any of the dull achievements.

Most my friends share the sentiment. A lot of people on my server’s map chat do too.
Needs a fix and a good statement as to how this was even released in its current state.

Posted by: MassDelusion.9130

MassDelusion.9130

I really want to enjoy this event. I really do.
A grind would be alright, if the reward lived up to the effort. I’m staring at the wings now, and I am 100% certain that if they aren’t adjusted in animation and clipping errors, I will not spend any minute trying to complete any of the dull achievements.

Most my friends share the sentiment. A lot of people on my server’s map chat do too.
Needs a fix and a good statement as to how this was even released in its current state.

The skin isn’t even available yet, so as far as we know, they’re trying to fix it, may be fixed by the time the wings are available.

a lot of people on my server’s map chat = the few vocal people.

Needs a good statement as to how this was even released
… It’s not released yet.

and why would you want more than a fix?

StarbornStriker.6493

Technically it’s not released yet. For all we know, we could be previewing an early version of the animation that wasn’t meant to be seen. I’m confident that A-net is going to look at the issues and brush it up nice and shiny by the time it goes live. For all we know, they already planned to do such.

Posted by: MassDelusion.9130

MassDelusion.9130

Also just checked, that’s exactly how the shatterer flaps his wings, so It’s likely not going to change.

StarbornStriker.6493

I don’t know, I took a peek at the shatterer above the city the last time I was in there. I can see how you’re saying they’re the same, the pattern is the same. But the animation of the small wings still looks much floppier to me on the human model than the hologram in the city. I’m not sure if it’s the speed or the size or what. But the shatter’s wing flaps still look more fluid and graceful to me.

Rayti.6531

I think changing the angle could do the trick… The wings are flapping upwards somehow, that’s what makes them look unnatural.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

They are pushing the air the wrong way. It works on the shatterer because of the angle he is orientated. But on players its as if the wings are pushing you into the floor.

Posted by: grayskull.2367

grayskull.2367

The animation on thees wings are so poor its as if they have just copy pasted the wings from the shatterer dragon not removing the wind side animation and just scaled them down and hit DONE!

And what other player have said about the wings seaming to be pushing the air down instead of up is true the beat of the wings is all wrong directionally flapping up and out sloopy.

Simple fix take the texture skin form the shatterer holo wings and lay them over the holo wings you get from coffers there is your fix. Everyone will be happy then as it stand no one want the shatterer one as there animation circle is so poorly done “BTW i studied animation for 5 years, i know abit about animation circles and this one is all wrong.”

As it stands all these shatterer wings will do is drive the price up of the holo coffer wings on the TPC as no one will want to stare at poorly animated wings all day long.

Posted by: Linnea.5146

Linnea.5146

I agree with grayskull. Please, please, please just take the animation from the other holo wings and apply it to the shatterer wings. It would make such a difference!

Posted by: HellKrasher.1074

HellKrasher.1074

No news if this will get fixed/changed? (i dont know if its a bug or just a bad animation…)

Gw2 Fan. Leader of the guild ValquiriA [VaL]

Posted by: Traldera.5120

Traldera.5120

Id like it if the animation was changed to the other wing’s animation

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

I was initially excited by the wings until I saw the animations. The normal wings flap too rapidly and the shattered wings look erratic and weird. Why they didn’t just give a more organic animation is beyond me, I’d rather they were very idle while you we’re active and flapped irregularly or during your character’s idle animation.

Posted by: Maximelene.6794

Maximelene.6794

Also just checked, that’s exactly how the shatterer flaps his wings, so It’s likely not going to change.

Seeing that the Shatterer is flying, and we are not, using the same animation is a problem.

It looks like we’re dusting with them…

Posted by: Lorenzo.4896

Lorenzo.4896

Yeah it does indeed looks a bit weird.

Posted by: Nkuvu.2570

Nkuvu.2570

They do look very odd to me. I’d like it if the wings didn’t flap so often, or so strangely.

But I’m not sure if this technically counts as a bug or just a design that I’m not personally fond of.

Posted by: Dominik.4058

Dominik.4058

Its like the wings are drunk :\ wow dont want anymore

Posted by: UnknownFreak.2805

UnknownFreak.2805

Looks like the animation is either F***ed up, or reversed.

How to crashreport…
Someone say game crash must be related to OOM
when you read the log it’s not related to that whatsoever…

Posted by: gamesurfer.7604

gamesurfer.7604

Yes, it looks completly broken or it’s really bad animation. Sad when it’s a piece of armor you work for. I don’t know why it’s flapping all the time anyway. Imo it would be way more cool if it just streched out now and then.

//The Cursed Shrimp – VOLT

(edited by gamesurfer.7604)

Posted by: MaideN.3284

MaideN.3284

well you could look at it this way… Holographic SHATTERED dragon wings.. shattered just might be “destroyed” or “broken”. so the off animation might symbolize the defeated dragon wings flapping with their last ounce of strength

P.S.: don’t confuse SHATTERED WINGS with SHATTERER’S WINGS..

StarbornStriker.6493

P.S.: don’t confuse SHATTERED WINGS with SHATTERER’S WINGS..

Except that they ARE the shatterer’s wings. Even the animation is the same, except the small version isn’t as smooth. You can confirm this by looking at the holographic version of the shatterer flying over LA. His wings are exactly the same as the shattered wings in the preview.

Posted by: vluhd.7562

vluhd.7562

I would personally prefer the shattered wings didn’t flap at all. If they didn’t move, I would be all about them.

IGN: Toxicodendron Vox
Dragonriders [DR]

Posted by: Bail.1357

Bail.1357

Please fix this!