Shatterer issues [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Adzekul.3104

Adzekul.3104

Really cool fight though, much improved mechanics and fun factor. However, a few issues were noted.

Map crashed or a load of us DCed at the end of the event. The map might have been completely full. (Instance 146 on the EU megaserver),

Some of the loot was reset depending upon when you opened your bouncy chest(s) relative to the crash/DC.

Final chest bugged for some people (interact was not an option).

Posted by: Grymlocke.1067

Grymlocke.1067

EU here and same issue

I didn’t disconnect but ALL skills were failing badly Skill 1 on staff was all i could use

Posted by: TooNu.4530

TooNu.4530

We defeated the new Shatterer about 5 minutes ago, only for many of us (unknown but at least 30) to Disconnect. I and some others managed to loot but upon reentering the game our loot had vanished.

Posted by: Kinon.9014

Kinon.9014

It happened to me too..

Posted by: Dante Stormwind.3794

Dante Stormwind.3794

Did the first live updated Shatterer event yesterday and was quite pleased with how much more engaging it was. We beat the event, got the Dragon Bash achievement, opened the boss chest and got some good loot. However, just as I was about to start salvaging I got kicked out back to the character select screen, and when I logged back in I found that all my loot from the chest was gone, and the achievement had also been removed.

Posted by: Kiras.7524

Kiras.7524

I didn’t disconnect but i had the same bug with the final chest today. I got the two rares but the map chest looked already opened and i couldn’t interact with it.

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I submitted 5 bug reports on not being able to loot the trophy statue at the end.

Break bar stops at 70%.

Kill credit for branded is not counting properly.

Kill credit for the healing crystals is not counting for me at all. Still at 0.

Dodge gliding just randomly awards and I’m not sure how credit is awarded. Is it supposed to be 1 per flight? Per “lighting thing” I pass without touching?

This event is very bugged overall.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

Posted by: Noraya.3094

Noraya.3094

I killed the Shatterer at the 2pm EST spawn, the first spawn after the new changes were implemented. My map was full of anet tags and it was very exciting and smooth overall. From the boss chest, I received Breath of Kralkatorrik and was super stoked, as I was missing this item from the collection achievement. I also received 2 achievements from the boss kill: Bash the Dragon and Shattering Evasion. I pinged Breath in either squad or guild chat (can’t remember), and then account bound it for the treasure hunter collection.

A few minutes later, my entire map instance disconnected. I was in a squad and teamspeak with maybe 10-12 guildies, and everyone DC’d. When I logged back in 30 seconds later, my loot was gone and those 2 achievements were gone.

I submitted a report and received a response saying that the log doesn’t show me as ever having had this item, so they can’t help me. I responded back, confused as to how both pinging the item and unlocking it for collection could not have been registered with the system. I then received another response, saying they were getting more tickets with similar issues and asking for more details.

After providing a long description of events, I received a response from a different GM saying: “Thanks for all of the information! I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this may be causing. Unfortunately, this is not something that customer support will be able to directly assist with. Thanks for submitting a bug report and we hope that your issue is addressed by the Dev team soon. Any changes on this issue will be released by the Dev team via our official forums.”

Since I didn’t find anything on the forums about this issue, I’m posting this here. Many of my guildies also lost loot and achieves from the DC, but since it was “junk” they didn’t really care. Breath of Kralkatorrik is now down to like 5 gold on the TP, but I felt like posting this was still necessary.

Does this mean that if I disconnect a few minutes after getting a chak egg to drop, I will just be out of luck?

Posted by: GM Awesomeness

GM Awesomeness

Self Help Administrator

Next

OP:

• Did you happen to take a screenshot or write down any error messages you saw?
  • Did your client completely crash, or did you just get booted back to the character select screen?
  • If your client did crash (rather than just disconnecting/going to character select), can you please PM me with your crash log? Instructions on getting the log are here.

Everyone else: if you get DCed or crash during the Shatter, it would be super helpful for us if you could take a screenshot of whatever error/crash message you get. If you get a crash message, you get bonus points for sending me your crash log in a PM. Thanks!

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Just noticed it right now. Did a succesful Shatterer yesterday (patch day, i mean), got the reward and all, managed to get an achievement of not getting encased in crystal. Today my achievement page doesn’t show that achievement, and achi for Shatterer kill shows 0. On the other hand, other achievements (one for getting squished, dodging in air, healing, using turrets and jump pads) seem to track okay (i think i used more heal packages than the number shown in achi, but i may be simply mistaken here).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Deadlypixel.8734

Deadlypixel.8734

I submitted 5 bug reports on not being able to loot the trophy statue at the end.

Break bar stops at 70%.

Dodge gliding just randomly awards and I’m not sure how credit is awarded. Is it supposed to be 1 per flight? Per “lighting thing” I pass without touching?

One thing I’ll state for the dodge gliding, is you must wait until you see the red target symbol over your head when you’re flying near the shatterer, as the achievement states you must dodge his FOCUSED lightning attack (aka when he’s attempting to shoot you specifically down). I’ve followed this rule with all 6 shatterer fights I’ve done so far, and its counted every single time I’ve done it.

As for the healing crystal, are you damaging it through the entire phase and contributing CC breakage until the crystal breaks entirely? Or are you hitting it a few times to contribute some damage, then moving to another crystal to try and tag multiple? I’ve noticed that if I attempt the later (tagging crystals), its not really counting towards it. However if I attack a crystal and continue until that crystal breaks, I’ve gotten the count no issue.

Break Bar issue I’m sure is its just scaling up way too high when the map instances are full, as well as not enough people utilizing “proper” CC skills. There are maps where we barely get it to drop at all, and others where I’ve seen it fall fairly well (though still never getting below about a 70-65% mark). I’m sure as soon as they fix the scaling issue it won’t be a problem.

As for the kill count, I can’t really give any information on this as I’m not really “keeping track” of my kills, as I’m just randomly killing some as I fight while not paying attention so yea.

Just a friendly community commander.
Shatterer CC Lead, Mesmer ports, Raid trainings. I’m here for you all!

Posted by: Dante Stormwind.3794

Dante Stormwind.3794

No crash log, just got booted back to character select, and when I logged back in all loot from chest and Dragon Bash achievement had gone.

Posted by: kiryuuki.3264

kiryuuki.3264

On patch day I got booted back to character select when Shatt was around 45% of his HP, was able to come back and he was with 1%, got bronze reward.
But my achievements are okay.
In addiction was terrible to play on day patch due stupid ping (I still don’t know how I could be alive with 4k ping and was map-wide)

Edit: I’m doing Shatt right now and it’s impossible with 4k ping, and this only happen when starts his event. But didn’t got booted for Character Screen now (don’t know if I will during next Shatt)

The first pic is when Shatt is up, the second when the event finish

Attachments:

The Six Gods Squad [SIX] – Crystal Desert

(edited by kiryuuki.3264)

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

OP:

• Did your client completely crash, or did you just get booted back to the character select screen?
  • If your client did crash (rather than just disconnecting/going to character select), can you please PM me with your crash log? Instructions on getting the log are here.

Everyone else: if you get DCed or crash during the Shatter, it would be super helpful for us if you could take a screenshot of whatever error/crash message you get. If you get a crash message, you get bonus points for sending me your crash log in a PM. Thanks!

I didn’t get a screenshot but can answer one of your questions.. I got kicked back to my character select screen. Happened twice and it was the first day. Once it happened when I was just standing around waiting, other time it happened after the fight ended.

I’ve done it several times since and didn’t get disconnected but if it does happen again I’ll be sure to get a shot of the error message..

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Posted by: jeezlaweez.6810

jeezlaweez.6810

OP:

Hello!

Well, I’ve also had the “character select” disconnect problem without message. I’ve also had the 4.000 ping problem, but there’s something that bogs me a lot: I also usually have this kind of lag when I go to Tequatl and other high crowded areas (like cities). I thought before Shatterer that it could be caused by the population loading, so I set my character model limit to lowest. It worked for Tequatl, but cities are still kinda laggy and such, and Shatterer was unplayable for me. If I wasn’t in party, I would have ended into another megaserver instance.
Don’t you think that this could be caused by some sort of overload of uploading data from the servers, like, recieving so much data from different players at the same time, it has to send this same data, translating into a huge lag for those with low priority connections (either by being far from Arenanet servers or by poor connection?). I don’t know, just trying to help you figure out. Like I said, it only happens when that map is crowded, other parts of the game it doesn’t.
Also, it worths mentioning that I play GW2 with this same internet provider since 2013, and only in 2015 it started doing this.

I hope you can fix that. I really liked the fight. Really. It was fun, a good 10 minute fun. Shatterer was the first Dragon I fought in game, it was amazing to see that this game was able to deliver impressive bosses. This revised fight is more awesome than ever.

Samuel Hart – lvl 80 Necro and 20 more toons… well. Yeah.

Posted by: Noraya.3094

Noraya.3094

OP:

Hey there – OP here. I only went to the character screen. I checked my log to make sure, and my last crash recorded in there is from December, so definitely wasn’t that sort of crash. I think the message was just the “lost connection to the server” one, but I didn’t screenshot and not 100% certain.

Posted by: Serval.6458

Serval.6458

I’ve noticed that interacting with the jump pads (ie. press “F” to use) will sometimes launch you without the glider skills, but jumping on them to get launched automatically has never failed to give me the skills.

Posted by: GM Awesomeness

Previous

GM Awesomeness

Self Help Administrator

Next

For those of you experiencing severely high ping times and disconnects (boots to the character select screen):

• We’ve fixed a couple bugs that actually had nothing to do with the Shatterer that should alleviate some of the issues (turns out it some Squad UI stuff was causing some problems).
  • The ever-wonderful Susan made some tweaks to the map that should also help going forward.
  • Reducing your game’s graphical settings to “Best Performance” may help.

Please do continue to post here if you keep seeing problems. Thanks!

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Update on a Shatterer issue from Game Designer Andrew Gray:

There is an issue with the breakbar. I’m working on a fix for it, but since it will require a large group for testing I don’t have an ETA at this time for when it will go live.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Becii.7648

Becii.7648

I have 66% of Shattering Setup and I cant get the last achievment for shooting with a turrent, doesn’t matter what skill of which turret I use I just dont get it. And I’m not alone a now a lot more with the same issue pls fix this.
(and ofc the “Smash the Dragon” also since we want the fance backpack u guys designed!)

Attachments:

(edited by Becii.7648)

Posted by: jeezlaweez.6810

jeezlaweez.6810

On the matter of the lag issues, I would like to say that post-patch yesterday, I did Shatterer with a relative crowded map and it had not a single ping problem. Whatever you did, thanks, it seems to have worked and I could see that the battle is indeed awesome. I hope that the breakbar fix come as soon as you can, but I understand that it is a difficult thing.

Samuel Hart – lvl 80 Necro and 20 more toons… well. Yeah.

Posted by: Geekfox.4267

Geekfox.4267

So I was rolling through each of my character races during Shatterer, and as soon as I tried Norn for gliding, I would all of a sudden get hit by lightning with no indication.

Luckily I broke the fall every time, but there seemed to be an issue with the bullseye target not appearing above my head with the Norn race characters. I’m using a male Norn character.

Posted by: BladeBaT.9203

BladeBaT.9203

I can’t see and open the final “trophy” chest; three times (once a day)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

On the matter of the lag issues, I would like to say that post-patch yesterday, I did Shatterer with a relative crowded map and it had not a single ping problem. Whatever you did, thanks, it seems to have worked and I could see that the battle is indeed awesome. I hope that the breakbar fix come as soon as you can, but I understand that it is a difficult thing.

The bullseye appears, but not as close to your character. It’s also an issue (or annoyance or bug, depending) in the Solid Ocean/Jade Maw fractal. Or it’s the price norn pay for being able to see details in the weapons & armor — target indicators are easier to see for the asura master race, but kormir help them if they want to see any intricacies in their gear.

edit: context (needed since thread was merged)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)

Posted by: Esterie.7409

Esterie.7409

I haven’t seen anyone else bring this up, so it may very well be a “me” problem and not a bug, but: I’ve been stuck at 6/10 on the Crystal Healing Denier achievement for the Shatterer for the past three days now. I’ve done the Shatterer battle at least twice a day, and destroy at least three crystals per battle. Break the bar, attack the crystal, it’s destroyed, and my count is still at 6/10. The six that I have managed to do were while I was on a mortar the first two days after the patch, if that helps at all.

Am I just not destroying the crystals fast enough? Is there anything else that could be the culprit? All the guides I’ve read simply say to break the bar and tag the crystals, which is what I’ve been doing. I’m looking for any and all suggestions and welcome them with open arms, because I’m getting just a tad bit discouraged at this point.

Edit: Fought Shatterer once again, destroyed four crystals, still at 6/10. Fun.

Main: Neyrilla – Sylvari Reaper

(edited by Esterie.7409)

Posted by: SRG.3607

SRG.3607

Break bar stops at 70%.

Exactly the same bugs for me.

About the “dodge gliding”, there is a small visual bug that makes it quite complicated : the red target that is supposed to appear above your head when you are targeted is in fact, on my side, hidden right in the middle of my character (a norn, maybe that’s why), so it is very, very difficult to notice.

Posted by: Vagrant.9105

Vagrant.9105

I’m having the same problem with Crystal Healing Denier.

I perform knockdown and knockback on the break bar and then ~2000 damage when it’s vulnerable. I have destroyed 20-30 of the things by now, but only have 8 credit.

Posted by: Ziantra.8502

Ziantra.8502

I JUST did shatterer on an organized map-got the Smash the Dragon achieve AND No Fly Zone achieve and got NO chest. The chest icon was there but no chest physically for me and if that branded backpiece was the reward then I’ve been cheated out of it-my achievement panel shows achieve done so I have no chance of getting that backpiece now.

Geekfox.4267

The bullseye appears, but not as close to your character.

I’m zoomed out all the way, so targets doesn’t appear anyway. It’s more like the bullseye target shows up inside the Norn model or something, which makes it obstructively out of view.

Geekfox.4267

I’m not sure if the Shatterer instance is still lagging, but when my Elemental character was down and I use Vapor Form skill, the vapor effect only lasted half second instead of a full three second.

This is really unusual and I wonder if a full zerg instance bombing on Shatterer was causing the server of the map to lag. I can’t be the only one that just experienced this.

Posted by: DougTheSlug.3920

DougTheSlug.3920

I just experience lag like I’ve never seen before with shatterer. Was doing fine waiting for the event, ping around the usual 80-90, then shatt showed up, and the ping just jumped up to over 2000.
- FPS was fine.
- I was running around and moving, but everyone else moved only every 5-10 seconds.
- I tried using skills, and they’d just sit there like they were casting. Nothing ever happened.
- At the end of the fight, I disconnected, and now I’m sitting back behind the mortars and turrets with an 80 ping.

The map was complaining about all sorts of players “idling”, but I can only guess they were being hit with this massive lag as well.

It was unplayable today. I even setup a pingplotter, and it never budged from showing a consistent ping of 65 to the IP of the server.

Posted by: Arwyn.1675

Arwyn.1675

I’m also getting Kill credit for branded is not counting properly. I know i am tagging them because im getting the loot and xp but very few seem to actually count for achievement credit

Posted by: viv.1892

viv.1892

Two things here:
- I can’t get the achievement Burns Blunder. Been standing in the entire checkbox Dulfy showed but all I get is a gust of wind in my face and sometimes a downed state. Nakedness did not increase deadness.
- I don’t get credit for the healing crystals on any of my characters (and yes, they are most certainly properly tagged), but when I use my ranger and the pet hits the crystal I do. Not sure if this is relevant but I thought I’d mention it.

Posted by: Esterie.7409

Esterie.7409

Re: Crystal Healing Denier

After someone else in this thread mentioned getting credit for destroying a healing crystal when their pet attacked it, I played as my druid during the most recent Shatterer battle (ended just a few minutes ago) and can confirm that I DID indeed get credit for the one crystal I and my pet attacked when my pet was aggressive.

Just thought it was worth mentioning.

Main: Neyrilla – Sylvari Reaper

Posted by: brunobyof.3541

brunobyof.3541

Have been noticing several people (including myself) complaining about a recurring issue with the turrets:
Don’t know if it is only one specific turret or all of them but when trying to use them, both skill #1 or #2 , you end up being cast out of the turret control after using any of them.
No mobs or orange circles interfered with this. Whenever dyou use a skill while on the turret ( i saw that on the southern turret from the eastern portion of turrets).

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

Yep, branded kills are not counting properly. If I hit them from the glider they always count but the ones I damage on foot often do not count, even if I do most of the damage. That achievement for 500 kills is going real SLOOOOWWWWW… ;p

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

I’m having the same problem with Crystal Healing Denier.

I perform knockdown and knockback on the break bar and then ~2000 damage when it’s vulnerable. I have destroyed 20-30 of the things by now, but only have 8 credit.

Hit them with gliding bombs; one barrage is enough to get credit.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

EnemyCrusher.7324

Final chest bugged for some people (interact was not an option).

That’s probably because they have Autoloot enabled, so the chest contents are immediately put into their inventory.

“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

EnemyCrusher.7324

Have been noticing several people (including myself) complaining about a recurring issue with the turrets:
Don’t know if it is only one specific turret or all of them but when trying to use them, both skill #1 or #2 , you end up being cast out of the turret control after using any of them.
No mobs or orange circles interfered with this. Whenever dyou use a skill while on the turret ( i saw that on the southern turret from the eastern portion of turrets).

The turret recoils when it fires, pushing you off of it. It definitely seems like a bug, but you can prevent it from happening by interacting from slightly farther away.

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

Yep, branded kills are not counting properly. If I hit them from the glider they always count but the ones I damage on foot often do not count, even if I do most of the damage. That achievement for 500 kills is going real SLOOOOWWWWW… ;p

Defend the turrets and mortars when Shatterer flies up. He drops lots right on them. You can only get credit for those dropped during that phase.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

Posted by: agrante.2810

agrante.2810

Crystal Healing Denier is also buggy for me. As a thief, I tried multiple times, bombing and using melee weapons & cc and got no credit.

As a ranger, today for the the first 2 crystals I got credit, but then no more. At one point I managed to hit all crystals and still nothing. I tried several things, like just bombing, 1 or 2, just melee one or 2, but after those 2 initial crystals, nothing else was counting for me.

Quite frustrating and definitely buggy. Imo, the crystals need a bit more life, they take a while to cc but then they are too fragile to make sure everyone can do damage. Unless of course breaking the bar is supposed to give credit too.

Posted by: Silvaren.5186

Silvaren.5186

Crystal Healing Denier is still bugged (post patch). Destroyed 4 crystals got credit for none of them.

Posted by: Serval.6458

Serval.6458

I think you have to hit them after their bar is broken, so you actually do enough damage for kill credit (ie. don’t run between crystals trying to tag them.)

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

About lightning reflexs: it states dodge while gliding, but it is not true. I don’t have hot and jump from pads as much as I can and I manged to reach 14/40. Sometimes I make very often today and yesterday around shatterer 3-5times on each of those days.

My observations:
correct statement could be dodge while gliding, + jumping + at landing +falling.
it is why:
- that lighting is applied in midair and it is have its own delay (ofc to have chance to dodge) if that delayed thick perfectly occurs when you land you have one dodge it.

Its the same thing as stop gliding to evade it, but in extra hard way.

Clarification that non hot players can do that would be welcome. Or if its only for hot folks make it gated as rest of exclusive achivements for them.

Its the most engaging thing there, I won’t say how much times tried, cuz I stopped counting, but advice:
- direction that you stand on pad have meaning,
- vertical direction (that you look max at air or max at ground) have meaning.

So I would suggest correcting that info.

Secondly from one side I understand recoil of turrets, but on other I don’t uderstand why turrets skills doesn’t have info about pushing back cuz of recoil? Much more I see some comments that hints that interacting from a bit far distance won’t push us back. Maybe it under skill1 and 2 should be: Use with proper distance or you will be pushed with recoil of turret.

And nextly about bombs and pads if you have not hot expansion – one more thing:
there lacks statement that we can’t use those bomb skills? (becouse we can’t correct me??)

Posted by: Silvaren.5186

Silvaren.5186

I think you have to hit them after their bar is broken, so you actually do enough damage for kill credit (ie. don’t run between crystals trying to tag them.)

I help break the bar (I think? Hard to tell when there are 50 ppl wailing at it) and do a ton of damage to kill it. No credit. Nothing. In fact, since the “fix” I haven’t gotten any credit, whereas before the “fix” I was getting credit. Typical Anet.

Posted by: JRM.6218

JRM.6218

I’m having troubles with Burns Blunder and Crystal Healing Denier.

Posted by: acapela.8215

acapela.8215

From 2016/02/09 patch notes:

“Increased the Pulsating Crystal Node’s health slightly to allow more players to damage it before it is destroyed, allowing them to gain credit for the Crystal Healing Denier achievement.”

Should have included the following: “And also incidentally introduced a defect which completely denies credit to all participating players, rendering the Crystal Healing Denier achievement a matter of urban legend at best. We might get around to fixing this at some point, but we have no idea when. What, say again? Ah yes, ‘testing’! What’s that?”

I also get shot down while gliding, regularly and w/o warning (no targeting crosshair appears over my head, etc, I simply lose my glider and plunge to my death). Been assuming it was lag, but my guess is it either yet another defect, or perhaps some form of attack that can hit airborne players that does not offer any warning.

Frustrating. I think I will skip bothering with this event until it functions “properly” (or at least more approximately “as documented”).

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

Could you please fix the bug which prevents people from getting their gliding skills when they use the launch pad during the Shatterer fight. It’s especially annoying during the break bar phases where people are basically useless after the bug kicks in. I just had three straight bugs in a row during the last fight.

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

The symbol showing an upcoming lightning attack from the Shatterer is not appearing.
This is the same symbol that appears in the silverwastes when we are about to be attacked by bees. Without the symbol telegraphing the attack, it’s impossible to know when to dodge. The only time this symbol appeared was at the end of the lost fight when everything gets attacked by the lightning when the Shatterer leaves.

Many repeated attempts failed to generate the symbol, resulting in death.

Posted by: midget.3162

midget.3162

Only 1 out of 5 crystals counts for the crystal healing denier while I’m spamming all of my skills