Shield Toss + Flameseeker = Wooden Shield?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

Hello!

As much as I love my new Flameseeker Prophecies, there’s one thing that annoys me about it (actually, two, but other is more of a suggestion regarding kits than it is a bug); and that it doesn’t seem to affect the way how my Shield Toss ability looks. I’d like to think this is a bug as the other weapons that shoot projectiles often display effects on them.

However, as you can tell in the attached screenshot, when I use my Shield Toss ability, an ordinary-looking wooden shield is projected out instead. While other weapons get to shoot lasers, rainbows, and unicorns, I still shoot out the same old piece of wood.

Just thought I’d mention that. Heck! I’ll even suggest just letting me just throw the book portion of the shield at my enemies. Now that’s something I can live with.

Attachments:

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

Posted by: Dracanish.6289

Dracanish.6289

Wow this issue with a LEGENDARY and it never got a response?

I just got my king toad shield for my engineer, and while it looks absolutely amazing I’m a bit gutted that not only am I tossing a sucky wooden thing with my shield throw, but the shield remains on my arm in all it’s glory when it should be crashing through something’s face. This is my first nice shield skin so I never really took notice before.

Considering even the legendary does this, doesn’t give me much hope it’ll be changed

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

Funny/sad thing— it’s still like that with a legendary.

It’s so bad that it sort of turned into a running gag now.

But it does bear repeating … which I’ll probably do with each new graphical weapon glitch thread that sprouts around.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

(edited by Ari Kagura.9182)

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

It’s like this for ALL shields unfortunately. Unless anet changes it, it’s gonna stay that way which blows.

Posted by: Diamandis.7483

Diamandis.7483

Mesmer magic gives the illusion we level up and change our gear! psh everybody knows legendary stuff is on par with the starter gear… * sarcasm *

Really though this kills me too, shield skills should match the shield you are holding but even if that is a ton of work that’s okay but this should NOT be a thing for the legendary shield period like REALLY REALLY one shield skin would not be such a daunting feat for a bunch of pro programmers..

“The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.”

Posted by: Dracanish.6289

Dracanish.6289

Some kind of official stance is all I was looking for when I searched for this issue, alas I found none. I do get if its just not reasonable for every skin, however the more special ones, legendary in particular deserve some love. It’s not like we engineers have many weapons to choose from in our equipment slots, and on top of that have this issue with the most visually satisfying of the three.

Not trying to act entitled or anything, an honest it probably won’t get changed any time soon/ever is just as good a word from the devs here.