Shields Clipping on Charrs

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Black Sheep.2694

Black Sheep.2694

So I’ve recently started using shields on my Charr warrior for a more supportive tank build/role and I really love this build, however, whenever my shield is drawn, it’s clipping through the arm and shoulder and it has been for quite some time now.
This kind of scares me, because I was planning on going for the legendary shield, now I’m not so sure.
It just looks ugly and sloppy, especially on a game where aesthetics are a huge deal. I’m even possibly thinking of switching back to a GS build in the meantime.
Anyone know if this is going to be fixed or not? It’s absolutely asinine if there isn’t a fix in the next patch.

Attachments:

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

yep happens on my engi all the time, can we also consider giving us the option for the back items to show instead while sheathed? or the turning off of the engi kit backpacks entirely?

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

on my Asura, when the shield supposed to be on my back, it goes through my head…

yep…

Posted by: Jinn Kazuma.2163

Jinn Kazuma.2163

I am starting to think this is just an issue with shields being strapped to backs in games. Same issue in Everquest 2 and a few other games I have played. It’s like that sweet spot where it is on your back, but not bisecting your character’s brain is the Holy Grail.

Posted by: Riis.7615

Riis.7615

I have the same issue and it’s getting very irratating. Although something is bugging me about the placement on the char and maybe it’s the same for all of the other characters too. I think the character size (height) does not affect the sheild placement at all.

Take a look at this:

I took a few screenshots and put two together to make this picture. I made a new char at the smallest/shortest he can be in the bottom half of this picture, and you can see that there is a huge gap between the forearm and the shield. The sheild in use is a level 1 shield I got with the new char from a vendor, which I stored in the bank to show on a larger char I have. In the top half, using my main warrior, whom I made at the largest/hieghest he can be, you can see that the same sheild is clipping though his arm without any gloves equiped. This leads me to believe the sheild placement at least is independent and does not adjust to the weilder’s size, meaning that it is in the exact same spot regardless of how big your character will get.

Maybe lowering your character’s size will resolve or alleviate the sheild clipping problem.

EDIT: No it does not! Why!?

Attachments:

(edited by Riis.7615)

Posted by: Riis.7615

Riis.7615

Sorry about double posting, but it turns out I was wrong. In fact, this makes no sense!

Take a look of after:

I bought a make over kit to lower my char’s size to near minimum, but it looked exactly the same! The shield is clipping in the same spot as before. So yeah..I just about dumped 12 Gs just to find that out. (6G for wasting it; another 6 for re-enlarging my character).

Only I’m left to wonder question is: why is this inconsistant?

Attachments:

Posted by: Macam.3467

Macam.3467

Shields clipping everywhere I also have the same problem on my norn.
legs clipping on armour as well.
and now the dye preview bugs every time I apply a dye on anything…

3 years to solve this…
guess what, they did nothing to fix it… even added more bugs
I think I won’t be buying heart of thorns if this bugs go on unfixed -.-

Attachments: