Ships of the Line: Cannot Progress

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: holotype.1643

holotype.1643

IMPORTANT UPDATE Feb. 2013: A workaround to this bug can be found with FunkyMonkey’s post on 2nd page. Please try it!
I can confirm that it worked for me, but I followed the steps EXACTLY as he suggested.
~
Ships of the Line story mission is bugged at this point in the mission:
“Strike at the southern docks of Arah with the captured ships.”
subset: “Regroup with the team and assess the situation.”

-The entire beach is cleared of enemies.
-All of the team has been resurrected.
-I am with the team, inside the green circle.
-Though Elli offers a “Talk” option, nothing happens.

This is the third time I have attempted this story mission, only to hit this same issue, at this same point, each time. I thought that perhaps with the latest patch I might get lucky.

I cannot progress my story and I’m extremely frustrated that even though this is a progress-blocking bug that is well known, nothing has been done.

Please fix this.

Edit: I notice that Scholar Inkblood and his pet Amphebe are alive, but have stopped walking toward the green circle with the rest of us. Is the fact that they are not in the green circle the reason? They will not move.

Championing Blackgate since Aug. 25, 2012
[UV]

(edited by holotype.1643)

Posted by: mifundum.3942

mifundum.3942

During the quest ‘Ships of the line’ lvl80, i can’t ‘assist Merri with the ooze problem below decks’. When i go below decks the bug keeps spawning me above decks, like when i jump in to the water, an area where i shouldnt be. Unable to finish the quest/storyline this way… mehh

Posted by: Rob Thody.1539

Rob Thody.1539

Live Response Coordinator

Next

We plan on implementing the fix for this quest on our 10/1 patch. Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Posted by: MuffinOfJustice.2067

MuffinOfJustice.2067

The work around I found is to just constantly jump once you go below deck. You have to stop once you get to the leaks in order to plug them, but if timed right, you should have just enough time to drop the ooze before teleporting back up on deck. Just rinse and repeat and you’ll get it done.

Posted by: Think.8042

Think.8042

Sorry, why is this mission even mentioned in patch notes if it still has blocking bugs? Didn’t you test that fix? Waiting another week is very frustrating. >.<

Posted by: byolith.8160

byolith.8160

I for one can’t even use a skill on them while jumping before I tele back up, but they aggro and run after me which still keeps bugging, cause they keep spawning with no end.

Attachments:

:: Gandara ::
- Rhéidyn :: Thief

MuffinOfJustice.2067

@Byolith

At the beginning of the fight, you want to rush whatever oozes there are before you warp to the deck, causing them to aggro you and fight them there. Once they ask you to plug in the leaks, grab one of the drops from the deck and rush to the cabin, jumping constantly (literally, nonstop) once you get inside. The only cues for identifying the leaks are visual spouts, as there’s no yellow tag or anything. Once you are on top of a leak, you should get an option to press F (or whatever you have your action button bound to), provided you are carrying an ooze drop. You have to be on the ground for this, and you’ll only get a split second to drop it before going back to the deck. It takes practice, and I recommend restarting the mission if you begin fighting too many oozes, unless you have access to heavy AOE.

I also found that if you go down, you stay in the cabin for a little longer after you rally.

edit: you don’t want to fight them in the cabin; just grab a drop from the deck, jump-rush to the cabin, and keep an eye open for a spout to hole up as quickly as possible. Then repeat. You’ll probably aggro oozes in the process; fight them on the deck.

(edited by MuffinOfJustice.2067)

Posted by: byolith.8160

byolith.8160

I didn’t get to the part where it said to plug in the leaks though, it just stayed in the part where I had to help one of the NPCs to kill oozes. :C

:: Gandara ::
- Rhéidyn :: Thief

MuffinOfJustice.2067

@Byolith

Wow…if you killed THAT many oozes and didn’t get the next objective…that sounds like a completely separate bug =(

With all due respect to Arenanet (and I have LOTS of respect for them, don’t get me wrong), a week is way too long in between patches, especially if each one creates new bugs. If you have a fix planned and can implement it before the end of the week…why not? Most people would be willing to wait the 5 minutes it takes to update the client…well, I would anyway…

Posted by: Wieze.4217

Wieze.4217

Same issue here as Byolith, and a week is kinda long, but i guess we have to endure, or try the jumping…

Thank god someone else posted this and they reacted, I did same post at same moment, mine didn’t even get response:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Ships-of-the-Line-Can-t-go-below-deck-when-asked-Blocking-progress/first#post248754
but glad you had same issue

Posted by: Moakist.5268

Moakist.5268

I agree – another week? Hotfix it for cying out loud…

The Fayth – Ferguson’s Crossing

Posted by: Aro.8641

Aro.8641

This is definitely doable regardless of the bug, it’s just a bit of a pain in the neck. I finished the quest a few minutes ago, the jumping solution works fine. It helps if you’re a thief like myself, so you can just stealth and get rid of agro whenever you please. I timed it so my last jump lands on a hole each time. You don’t need to press jump too frantically, you can pace yourself a little bit and time it instead, which makes it easier to aim yourself. If you have any low cooldown AoE blind abilities, it helps with the slimes a lot of they pile up on you. Having strong summons like Balthazar’s hounds is really helpful too. Good luck, comrades.

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

Are you serious? We have to wait a week for you guys to lower the teleport command a few increments down?

(edited by Zeivu.3615)

Posted by: dahlis.7346

dahlis.7346

I did what some people said, I jumped around and fixed the leak. That worked great!
Thanks

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

My problem with this quest is I can’t even get past the segment where you supposed to use the cannons on the catapults ashore. I tried it like 4 times and the cannons just don’t work. I get the same message over and over, “out of range” when I click on the skills. If there is a trick to using these please someone explain it to me.

Posted by: baltika.6481

baltika.6481

Posted by: mifundum.3942

mifundum.3942

Ah tx! Besides jumping constantly!!!! and fixing the leaks 1 per time (thanks for the answers below!) i actually i found out that you can do damage from above decks alrdry with AOE spells. Ah ye you can revive from there too. tx guys!

(edited by mifundum.3942)

Posted by: Sabouma.7186

Sabouma.7186

why do we have to wait so long for a fix on this quest? I just tried mine and I can’t do it either. Jumping just does not work for me….

Devs, please move the fix up a few days… this is ridiculous…

Kind regards,

Eileen Masters

Posted by: SHACK.1723

SHACK.1723

It’s a disappointment.

Posted by: Moriwenne.3128

Moriwenne.3128

Another way to do it (easier?) is to go down jumping and letting yourself get “downed”. After you rally you won’t be teleported and can kill and plug as normal.
Remember to dodge the red circles (catapult) though.

Good luck.

Posted by: YaRT.9308

YaRT.9308

I heard that they want to fix this bug 1/10/12. So today is 1/10/12 and story line quest is still bugged i am a little tired of ammount of bugs in this game. Exept of this bug i cant finish skill chellange in 2 locations. Sorry for my words but Lineage 2 private (free to play) servers had better community and technical support…

Posted by: stonejoint.8740

stonejoint.8740

keep jumping until you die and rally, It worked for me today after rally I kept my feet on ground.

Posted by: SideStep.1347

SideStep.1347

10/1, thats today? Nice… its 2100 over here (9pm) and still not fixed.

Posted by: SideStep.1347

SideStep.1347

Speaking of the devil… the update is up!

Posted by: vvega.4638

vvega.4638

Yeah im getting pretty kitten now, ive waited for 3 fixes and done this storyline atleast 5 times now.

Its still kittening bugged… Its bugged at regrouping now, all the npc’s are alive, enemy’s are all dead and im in the green circle and nothing is happening.

Posted by: Veritas.2853

Veritas.2853

Don’t know if this needs to be reported but everything is fine with this now. I’ve just done it with no problems. Thanks!

Posted by: missfortune.8596

missfortune.8596

this time zott refuse to blow up all of the undead siege weapons.

Posted by: Dominique.2187

Dominique.2187

Can’t confirm that – worked for me today. Just to make sure, you did talk to him?

—-
Oldaric – Grenny/Supporter Charr
Farstar Alliance – Gandara

Posted by: missfortune.8596

missfortune.8596

yes multiple attempts.
even tried pulling some undead from the water up to him to get him to function again and still nothing.

Posted by: Joeymtl.4092

Joeymtl.4092

I’ve experienced the same Issue. I cleared the whole beach before interacting with any of the siege weapon.

After interacting with the 3rd siege weapon and the bomb was planted, nothing happened.

Restarting the checkpoint didn’t help.

Posted by: Amon.5042

Amon.5042

I wonder when this mission is going to get fixed properly.

I tried to help a friend a few days ago and we stumbled upon canons not spawning to destroy risen ships, rocks from giants still targeting us below decks and doing lots of damage, plus the oozes all around us, and the mission owner getting disconnected so we had to try it all over again. We finally quit because it was too frustrating.

Ships of the Line will live on in infamy has one of the most frustrating and most bugged chores to do in GW2.

Posted by: lejean.9615

lejean.9615

So as first it was even easy. Then I had to “rescue allies from that sunken/destroyed ship”. So I swimmed here and…Wow, 1 ally to revive and rest was un-revive-able (:D) So I was swimming around, deeper and nothing here…Then that asura appeared (no idea where from) and I had to swim (with my 2 allies, 1 rezzed, 2nd..appeared from somewhere) to the coast and set bombs. It was easy, even with those 100 Risen around. Then everything destroyed, catapults and Risen. And here was next task – go to “meeting”. So i resses everybody who died and went to that place…nothing happens. Maybe just because":
-one person died on the ship from start?
-Zott attacked one risen who was around?

So I raged and quitted. 30 mins lost and 2 repair kits. So many bugs in one mission…

Posted by: Malkavian.3751

Malkavian.3751

Same problem here.

I’m stuck on “Regroup with the team…”

Posted by: Ceejay.4670

Ceejay.4670

I’m stuck at the same point. I really don’t want to have to do this quest over again but I want to finish the story. I’ve tried everything I can think of to make the quest progress but now I’m too tired and going to bed in a bad mood

Posted by: nullus.8506

nullus.8506

Cannot proceed past the ‘Regroup with the team and assess the situation’ checkpoint. Team is all there, standing center of the provided spot and no matter who I talk to, where I try to stand, move all over the map, simply doesn’t matter what I do, the story will not proceed from this point?

Please help. Rather frustrating to work so hard to get so near to the end of your story and not be able to finish. Again, this was as of early morning Oct. 13th. Please help and thanks in advance.

Nullus Nomen
-Thief

Posted by: Groovdog.8526

Groovdog.8526

Same here. Stupid that 2 months in there are still these HUGE bugs. Not like they havent been around since the beginning.

Posted by: Dootu.9068

Dootu.9068

Still bugged at the “Regroup with the team and assess the situation” spot. I killed myself to see if that would reset it but no luck. Obviously something is meant to happen to Zott as Elli screams out for him, but he is just standing in the green Circle along with everybody else. Elli and Zott stay in the green circle if I move off but everybody else follows me including Elli’s Hologram.

He has no conversation circle when moused over but Elli does and yet you cannot speak to either of them. The other NPC’s seem to be fine and Inkblood will still give you Signal Flares.

Also, all mobs are dead and there is no other NPC’s on the map.

(edited by Dootu.9068)

Posted by: Drain.8765

Drain.8765

I got stuck at the Regroup step where everyone just sits around at the beach like idiots and the quest hangs. But for some reason when I tried the chain again it went right through without a problem. I’ve no idea what I did differently or what was different… it just didn’t hang. Best advice I can give you is… try it again.

I was surprised when reading about all the bugs/hangs in previous steps. I don’t know how you can kitten up a quest so much in so many ways and it make it to release like that.

Posted by: Warzog.6315

Warzog.6315

Attempted this today. During one giant attack, my shield timing was off and I got wasted.
Upon “Retry at Checkpoint” I was still near the cannon, had a “Leave” button, but could not leave, and could not use the cannon any more. After dying three times, I exited the mission. (Forgot to report the bug.) I will try again.

Posted by: Lady Hawke.3086

Lady Hawke.3086

Ships of the Line is stuck. Zott has been led to last trebuchet, a signal file set, but he just stands there and does not set explosion as on others. I have killed all the dead as I had to hang around so long trying to get Zott to function. I let myself die thinking game might reset, but Zott still will not approach last weapon. All of team is alive. Green asterisk on last weapon. Stuck. Bum luck as this long and tedious, and expensive armor repair (using gemstore bought canisters- I should receive credit for two of them if you want to make this really right.)

Posted by: Zso Shall.8501

Zso Shall.8501

hey guys, bugged for me as well, i got to the point where i need to revive the crew frpm the windfell, i was able to revive one, but there is no option to revive any of the others. Anything i can do?

Posted by: Atheara.7645

Atheara.7645

I have the same bug. Elli won’t go and the quest won’t move forward. It’s frustrating!

Posted by: Acoren.7843

Acoren.7843

Stuck at the “Regroup with the team and assess the situation” :S

Posted by: StygSec.7163

StygSec.7163

So I’ve been slowly and painfully trudging my way through the entire Order of Whispers Plan in Orr this evening. Even cutting in my time to play with my friends instead of trudging through my personal story. Anyhow..

On my first attempt I managed to die while on the cannon from a faulty error from the reflector shield. A rock went through it and it killed me. So I quit, and restarted it.

On my second attempt everything was going smoothly except for the occasional NPC following me around and doing absolutely nothing. Now I’m extremely annoyed and warding off people from this story path to avoid all of these nasty bugs… Back to the quest. I’m on the step “Regroup with the team and assess the situation.” I got this step while in combat so I saw Elli run over to the spot and say “You’re being modest. Now come here and kiss me you big —- No! Zott!” Right when I got out of Combat Agent Zott ran over to Elli and they’ve been standing side by side doing nothing and blocking my quest progression for quite a bit. If I go out and kill myself, or stand around talking to NPCs in my team ,or targeting the two love birds with signaled flares they just stand there doing nothing and block my quest progression.

May I have your premission to go down on Monday during my break in my classes. Walk down from Bellevue College and slam my face repeatedly against the front door of your building? Though… it might be T-Mobile. I have such a migraine….

StygSec.7163

Also can’t leave the instanced area under any circumstance.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’ve been helping a guild mate with his last few PS quests so he can join our Arah story run tonight to finish up. But this PS is stuck at Rescue the Crew, there is one npc stuck inside a rock and no others to be found.

We were doing a lot of RP surrounding all the boarding action, too

StygSec.7163

Completed this leg of the PS!

How I did it: Carefully destroyed all of the bone walls, and giants with the Megalaser. Swam towards the drowned ship while below the water’s surface.

Once I got on shore I gathered the NPCs and wiped out the Undead before moving to the trebs. Since the undead were down I was able to get Zott to destroy the trebs with no problem.

Once all the trebs were down the quest proceeded as normal and it completed for me. There is something here about Zott being in combat that doesn’t allow it to progress.

Posted by: Rhinala.1739

Rhinala.1739

Tried to help a guildie finish his questline.
The part where the players need to kill the two dragons champions with the siege canons was extremely bugged when a player tried to attack a dragon hovering over the canon, that canon couldn’t lock on and the player couldn’t select that dragon in order to be able to attack, at the second the player was able to attack that dragon 5 risen spawned and killed the player or the player was knocked down from the canon, toward newly spawnd risen (the chance to die was about 120%). the amount of red circles on the ships was overwhelming there wasn’t a way to escape a knock down if one tried to do so he would be knocked down toward few now spwaned risen. we tried this part for more then an hour, at that time we ware able to reduce the HP of one dragon to 50% and the other to 75%, each canon attack meant certain death. this is not fun, this is not challenging, at this state it is only frustrating.
I’m sure it is a bug because it this wasn’t the situation at the prior 2 times iv’e been there.

(edited by Rhinala.1739)

Posted by: EvSasha.4215

EvSasha.4215

17 november 2012
Personal Story: “Ships of the line” bugged
Ozzs spawn no end, try 3 time

Posted by: fallonjeff.8601

fallonjeff.8601