Shockwave Skipper bugged

Shockwave Skipper bugged

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Haakkelberg.2460

Haakkelberg.2460

Here is video about my run in last fractal level, molten boss where i didn’t get any hits from Shockwave. Can anyone tell if I did something wrong there? I’d say this was my 50th try to get that achiv.

http://youtu.be/1OTeu5JvzOQ

Victory Hunter [Guardian] -The Bifrost- I -The Juggernaut- I -Kraitkin- -Kamohoali’i Kotaki-
Leader of Kalevala [Kale]
WvW guild of Far Shiverpeaks

Shockwave Skipper bugged

Posted by: Dragon Ruler X.8512

Dragon Ruler X.8512

To my knowledge it’s just bugged – i’ve ensured not being hit either and still failed to gain the achievement :/

Shockwave Skipper bugged

Posted by: cephiroth.6182

cephiroth.6182

There is some speculation around that the “high shockwave” (see video, 2:00) is not jumpable, so that might be where you have been hit.

Shockwave Skipper bugged

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

This achievement is bugged, period. I assume some have gotten it, but you can completely avoid being hit, and still not get the achievement, as others have posted a million times.

Shockwave Skipper bugged

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

Same, this is the only achievement I don’t have either from fotm and I ran this encounter about 20 times, without being hit.
It is just bugged and remains bugged.

Shockwave Skipper bugged

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Still not fixed, huh? Back to waiting for the next patch in hopes it’s finally fixed. :/

Shockwave Skipper bugged

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

It may have been fixed today from something I saw listed. I guess we’ll find out soon enough

Shockwave Skipper bugged

Posted by: cephiroth.6182

cephiroth.6182

Any feedback on this yet?

Shockwave Skipper bugged

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

two guildmates succeeded in getting it yesterday where they were unable to get it before.

Shockwave Skipper bugged

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yep, I can confirm this. Shockwave Skipper is finally fixed. It’s awarded after the boss reward chest spawns (give it 1 second).

Some details on the fight itself:

1. We killed the Berserker first.

2. I avoided all ground shockwaves by jumping over them. One shockwave went overhead and I stayed on the ground (did not dodge roll through it).

3. I got hit by the Berserker’s melee attack once, and once by the Firestorm’s fire field in phase 2. Neither affected my ability to get the achievement.

So the only thing I can’t confirm is whether you can get the achievement by just remaining totally out of range of the shockwaves (e.g. a Ranger with a 1500 range Longbow).

Shockwave Skipper bugged

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

I’ve done the Molton Duo Fractal plenty of times, about a week ago I got the achievement out of the blue on a daily 49.

1. Killed Berserker first, in melee.
2. Didn’t jump at all, but used Obsidian Flesh to avoid getting downed in general.
3. He died within seconds as per usual.

I didn’t deserve the achievement for as far as I know, so maybe it’s still buggy. Or maybe immunity counts or Berserker didn’t even get to his shockwaves. A teammate didn’t get it I believe. Kind of a slap in the face after the many many many pug-fractals where you ranged him and jumped over every single shockwave on a slow slow kill.

(edited by Esmee.1067)