~ Sigil of Blood ~ does Not function

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: PawPrince.5719

PawPrince.5719

I had questions about the Superior Sigil of Blood that were not answered on the Wiki page so I did some extensive testing in both the PvP Lobby and out in PvE.

It didn’t matter if I was at full health, fifty percent, or almost dead, the Superior Sigil of Blood NEVER activated even once.

I kept a close watch on the Combat log, looking at each line of damage and each bit of healing received, and not once did the Superior Sigil of Blood do anything.

I had better than a 60% chance to Crit as well, so it was easy to look over all the critical hits that happened constantly over the several minutes in each location that I recorded and reviewed (then had my friend look over to make sure I wasn’t missing anything) and nothing. :(

Posted by: Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Went over to https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Sigil_of_Blood and found “Bug:
Neither the healing component or the damage are recorded in the combat log. However, the effects are triggered on critical as intended.” Went to heart of mist, put on assassin amulet and some fury, proceeded to hit golems and chieftain and such. No sign of sigil in combat log. Did see the sigil damage procing through, seem sigil works fine just doesnt show in the combat log.

At my stats it was hitting for 602 as u can see in the attached screen shots.

Attachments:

PawPrince.5719

I’m not sure what those screen-shots are supposed to show, other than you are attacking the target. I see that you got one normal hit and one crit in the first shot.. and a normal hit, a crit, and some burn damage in the second. How does this prove anything?

The text someone added on the wiki is hardly proof that nothing has changed in recent patches. The majority of the Engineer traits don’t function anywhere near what the descriptions say, and that’s just the start of the issues.

When attacking the target with low health I never received any health from the Sigil, unless the health doesn’t show up on your health bar either?
Others on the GW2 Reddit community have also tested and backed my findings. Even if that bug mentioned on the wiki was true at one point, something along the line must have changed, as it no longer works at all.

Posted by: Sharpoon.8197

Sharpoon.8197

I just tested and it works.
It just doesn’t show up in combat log.

Remember, sigil of blood only has a 50% chance to proc on crit.

Posted by: Basandra Skye.4031

Basandra Skye.4031

I’m not sure what those screen-shots are supposed to show, other than you are attacking the target. I see that you got one normal hit and one crit in the first shot.. and a normal hit, a crit, and some burn damage in the second. How does this prove anything?

The text someone added on the wiki is hardly proof that nothing has changed in recent patches. The majority of the Engineer traits don’t function anywhere near what the descriptions say, and that’s just the start of the issues.

When attacking the target with low health I never received any health from the Sigil, unless the health doesn’t show up on your health bar either?
Others on the GW2 Reddit community have also tested and backed my findings. Even if that bug mentioned on the wiki was true at one point, something along the line must have changed, as it no longer works at all.

Sigil of blood, as well as the foods that grant LS chance, never showed up in the combat log, before or after the patch. Previously, neither did the 2 lifesteal traits necros got for on-hit and on-crit lifesteal.

PawPrince.5719

Assuming you are correct, and my testing shows otherwise (and I’m not the only one) ..then it’s still a bug that they never fixed the Sigils to show in the combat log after three years. That’s just sloppy/lazy and looks bad on the game.