Sigil's w/ stacking buffs and dual wielding.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Darknass.1903

Darknass.1903

It seems that you only get one of the effects from having 2 weapons (dual wielded) both with a sigil that gives a stacking buff such as one with bloodlust and one with corruption, you only get the power buff (bloodlust) and not the extra condition damage from the corruption sigil. I’m not entirely sure if this is the intended way they function or if they are supposed to both stack, which is they way I thought they worked.

HoD – Ranger, Ele, Guard, Engie.

“The best defense is a strong offense.”

Posted by: Miclee.7063

Miclee.7063

Can confirm this(if any confirmation was really needed :p), applies to other things such as luck sigils.

Game designer, level designer, comic writer.
http://adanac-entertainment.com

Posted by: The G Money.8092

The G Money.8092

Also getting this error on dual Daggers with Sigil of Corruption and Sigil of Perception. Only the condition from corruption is stacking.

Posted by: Rage The Numbers.7943

Rage The Numbers.7943

Also getting this error on dual Daggers with Sigil of Corruption and Sigil of Perception. Only the condition from corruption is stacking.

What happens if you switch the main hand to the off hand and the other way around?

Rage The Nornynorn – Guild Leader [RR] Reddit Refugees
Sanctum of Rall
http://www.reddit.com/r/Reddit_Refugees – Visit the site for Recruitment!

The G Money.8092

What happens if you switch the main hand to the off hand and the other way around?

Still only getting the corruption condition buff with the corruption dagger in off hand and main hand.

Miclee.7063

Still only getting the corruption condition buff with the corruption dagger in off hand and main hand.

Same for me, have luck on my main dagger and corruption in off hand.

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I’ve noticed that i’ll get the effects of what ever one i equiped/put the sigil on first IE if i had bloodlust on my offhand and precision on my main hand, as long as i applied the bloodlust first i’d get that one, kinda disapointing because i kinda wanted to have a snowball weapon set for my ele =(

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Posted by: nifty.2049

nifty.2049

Saw this as well. Whichever one gets applied first is the only one. And after thinking about it, it makes sense. If you carried weapons that had each stacking sigil, once you got to max stacks, you could switch to the next sigil. Eventually, you’d have every stacking sigil maxed out at the same time until you went down or moved to a new zone. That seems a lot stronger than the non-stacking sigils.

(edited by nifty.2049)

Posted by: Rage The Numbers.7943

Rage The Numbers.7943

I tested this last night. I have two daggers equiped with luck, and for every kill, my luck went up by 2…so it does work together when it’s the same sig.

Rage The Nornynorn – Guild Leader [RR] Reddit Refugees
Sanctum of Rall
http://www.reddit.com/r/Reddit_Refugees – Visit the site for Recruitment!

(edited by Rage The Numbers.7943)

Posted by: Marked One.3125

Marked One.3125

I was messing around with this last night as well and noticed the same thing with dual daggers. If it matters I was testing it on mist NPCs and then on my friend in Arena with the same results.

The G Money.8092

Still interested in learning whether this was intended or not.

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

I’ve been wondering about this as well, tried the precision/corruption combo and only corruption has any effect (with precision on scepter, which gets most of my kills, so corruption sigil seems to take precedence even in off hand and without landing killing blows with that weapon).

Also tried sigil of water and sigil of fire on scepter with corruption on offhand dagger, still only the corruption effect happens. Water and fire don’t have stacking boons, just a chance to cause an effect on cast, after several hundred attempts I didn’t see one activation of either effect, both work fine alone, however.

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

Posted by: Noein.5893

Noein.5893

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sigil

in the bottom at the “Notes” section it says stacking two different kind of “on kill” doesn’t work.

i found out the hard way too. bought one that stacks power and the other precision. =/ lost some gold. pretty sure it’s intended so players can’t just stack up all “on kill” stats and become OP

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

in the bottom at the “Notes” section it says stacking two different kind of “on kill” doesn’t work.

i found out the hard way too. bought one that stacks power and the other precision. =/ lost some gold. pretty sure it’s intended so players can’t just stack up all “on kill” stats and become OP

You don’t lose the stacks on weapon change?

Miclee.7063

Because adding some magic find on top of a small amount of condition damage makes me ‘OP’.

Posted by: Noein.5893

Noein.5893

you don’t lose the stacks even if you unequip the item. so if the power/precision/healing/condition damage/magic find were able to stack to each other

you can essentially get +250 of each power/precision/healing/condition damage. and 15% magic find(i think) in the entire map as long as you don’t get downed.

yes i would call that OP

Posted by: CassSmith.2639

CassSmith.2639

The stacks are coming from non active weapons also it seems (sets not currently in use) and once a stack is there, it cannot be removed/replaced until downed….

Upon further testing, the stacks might be there just not displaying (my damage seemed to be increased as though I had bloodlust with corruption showing on bar)

Posted by: Hanss Dampf.3598

Hanss Dampf.3598

Even pure passive sigils like “x% to crit” doesnt work in offhand (shield). so do work ANY sigil in offhand at all?

Posted by: Quizzy.7281

Quizzy.7281

Hanss Dampf.3598

Even pure passive sigils like “x% to crit” doesnt work in offhand (shield). so do work ANY sigil in offhand at all?

Yes. I have a Minor Sigil of Bloodlust on my offhand axe, with a Superior Sigil of Accuracy on the mainhand axe and I do get power stacks. What I don’t see is the sigil of accuracy adding any crit chance to my stats, whether I do have the offhand equipped or not.

Posted by: Umbradomo.2139

Umbradomo.2139

Anyone know that if I use + condition on kill on my MH Pistol and a 10% chance on crit steal life will work together? This whole thing with some working together and some not can be confusing and even worse for us Engineers and Kits.

Posted by: Shintai.5618

Shintai.5618

After excessive testing this is how it works for me. I tested with dual pistols on my thief.

Fire sigil on one, Ice sigel on the other. They dont share colddown so they can freely proc. Using offhand skills trigger one proc, using main skills the other.

It might be different for other classes or other weaponsets.

Posted by: She Necromancer.5983

She Necromancer.5983

What about Sup Sigil of Blood and a upon death Sigil will those ‘stack’ or activate at the same time?

Posted by: Rampant Rampage.2567

Rampant Rampage.2567

I know this topic was a few months ago but I wanted to say that, this is intended! When GW2 released and even in the BETA you could stack at least 2 weapon sigils and even 2 of the same! I’m not sure when it was changed but I do miss it! I remember my first Guardian in the Beta and having 2 sigils of bloodlust! I don’t know how it picks which sigil to use if you have 2 equipped! Hope this clears things up!

Posted by: moonstarmac.4603

moonstarmac.4603

Indeed this is an intended feature. It was implemented prior to full release if I am not mistaken. The way sigil’s work is if you have two of the same type, ie: on kill, on crit, on hit, etc, the effects do not stack. As such two sigils, bloodlust and luck for instance, will not stack on each other at the same time, only the mainhand will be applied. You can however use a sigil that is ‘on kill’ like bloodlust and an ‘on crit’ sigil like lightning and you will benefit from both.

Hope this helps out with answering this.

Jade Council~ Jade Sea Haven [JADE]
System – Luna One: R-Matrix
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Ny4qqs