Silverwastes is Broken

Silverwastes is Broken

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: White Viper.7406

White Viper.7406

Q:

Hello,

SO, I crashed in the Silverwastes with a friend, who had also crashed, and now can’t login to the character that I was on. My other characters are playable and I have no issues until I try to login to my character that crashed in the wastes. Anyone else have this issue? How do I fix this?

Silverwastes is Broken

Posted by: ShadowCatz.8437

ShadowCatz.8437

Hello,

SO, I crashed in the Silverwastes with a friend, who had also crashed, and now can’t login to the character that I was on. My other characters are playable and I have no issues until I try to login to my character that crashed in the wastes. Anyone else have this issue? How do I fix this?

What do you mean exactly by “crashed”? Try to be more precise when you describe things as a “crash” is not a very good way to talk about a in game character. Is it that you can’t access your character or do your game client get stuck in Silverwaste when you try to access your character and you have to force a restart of client?

If you can’t access your character in that map, then you have to contact costumer support and ask them to move your character to another map (probably Lion’s Arch). Don’t forget to give a bug report either in game (with screenshot to show exactly where in Silverwastes where this was triggered) or here: https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

In game you use Option [escape] or keg wheel in upper left corner of screen and look for support there.

Silverwastes is Broken

Posted by: alteriel valie.4751

alteriel valie.4751

i had the same prob 2 years ago and that was worked for me is this!!
select the char that has the prob be a guest on another server (for a strange reason could log in at the same map on a different server) and then wp to another city or location than sw!!

(edited by alteriel valie.4751)

Silverwastes is Broken

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

Hopefully, the OP will check back here and not abandon the question since your (alterial valie’s) suggestion works. I’ve had this sort of thing happen several times over the years (most recently a couple days ago, in fact), and this trick has worked every time.

Silverwastes is Broken

Posted by: Solaris.2489

Solaris.2489

I used to crash all the time in SW (Farmed there non stop in my newb days)
The problem turned out to be that I was using the 32-bit client with Windows 7 64-bit.
Installing the 64-bit client completely eliminated the crashes and other problems like massive fps drops for no reason. It might not be the cause in your case but worth trying out if you have a similiar setup.