Simin, The high priestess Dwayna bugged

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: iTB.1428

iTB.1428

we just spend like 2 hours at Simin trying to kill her
she always turn invisible at 50% HP no matter how long we have been beating her

also in like 50% of times all 5 seals locks after moving only 4 sparks in, therefore u can’t made her visible again and she regen to 100%

I tb | Necro Raiders [NR]
Aurora Glade

Posted by: Virul.1903

Virul.1903

I have run with my guild every path in every dungeon with success but 1!!!! We ran Path 4 4 days in a row and constantly got stuck at Simin. I hate saying it but we tried the bug since it was one of the only ways to do it, that didn’t work, the sparks are impossible half the time, the stone form happens during sparks, the constantly goes to invulnerable at 50 percent even when she had 55% to start with after sparks, yes she would go invulnerable in 1-2 minutes. I Love this game but ANET needs to do something about this dungeon. If its in the rebuild, thats fine but let us know, I’m done trying it till i hear something back so on to COE and CF. Please fix this and make it a feasible run for people to do.

Posted by: tanksferaskin.6487

tanksferaskin.6487

Yes, this Boss is extremely frustrating. I wish there was a DEV response on what the deal is with this boss. I too love this game, but spending 3 nights 4 hours each to fight our way through “truck hitting” trash only to get to a boss that seems bugged….I don’t see investing any more money on my toon with this game, if future content is going to be like such. We tried all the tactics from the net, but for us this boss refused to go down.

Here is what was happening to us:

-Boss would spawn, we would DPS her down to 50%….she hides
-Sparks are pulled and put into spots, if we were lucky, very fast, and she gained a sliver of health back.
-AS SOON AS SHE HIT 50% BACK IN THE GROUND
-rinse, repeat for 2 more hours….rage quit.
-regroup team, respec and regear for pure DPS, with no results
-Apply DOTS burn, bleed, poison, cripple, and a nasty look before she hides….NO EFFECT
-Party ragequits……and all us make blood pact to never do this path again

Hopefully sombody can answer below questions.
1. Is boss time or % based?
2. Whats the deal with the activate button on floor?
3. Sometimes you see 1 circle of shields, other times 5 on the ground…why?
4. Sparks refuse to get into circles!!! WHY?
5. Sometimes you need one spark, other times all of them….very frustrating
6. Freeze mechanic is bugged when it only targets one toon through whole fight.
7. Freeze mechanic is bugged when buff is off, but still no control of toon
8. It just semms not fair to have 2 members in a party froze at same time. It is impossible to DPS here down with 2 people down.

~Tanksforreading

tanksferaskin.6487

And we tried again last night with no success. Her health appears to regen much faster now. We have watched the videos of the kills and compared it to how she is now, and its faster. So now its a endless loop at 50% unless you can get the 1 spark 3 times in a row…..which you can’t.

Posted by: Addihul.6941

Addihul.6941

I can assure you that this fight is in essence not broken. They actually recently changed the mechanics of this fight since she now goes invuln when she cloaks and you can no longer damage her while you collect the sparks. We ran this thing till our eyes bulged out until we finally tapped enough knowledge to take her down, and with out too many problems.

Making this easier would tick off a lot of people, including myself, who are dungeon masters. All I’ll say is that the absolute KEY to this fight is incredible DPS. We’re talking 100% of every party member being specced with gear AND traits to dps. Full bezerker, full CoF, whatever armor and weaps boost dps. Every quickness, time warp, dps, weakness, vuln buff/boon you can possibly muster to get her down to 0 from 50% in 60 seconds. You should be able to gleam the other pieces of strat from other forum posts

Posted by: Skreemin.1064

Skreemin.1064

Well we just gave up after 5 hours because the sparks just would not get trapped on their spots. Almost every time, we’d pull them in and 4/5 would lock in, but the last one would just kinda kitten out and wander directly over the lock points without stopping.

Even with pets and clones gone, we’d just watch the last spark refuse to stick, even while passing directly over a lock point.

Posted by: DungeonDaughter.7391

DungeonDaughter.7391

i beat simin once. it took 7 hours. i did it with a group that was mid range dps. nothing special. 2 people stayed in the cave with the sparks. it helps to run bigger circles around the statue. tight circles don’t work as well. like i said though, 7 hours. the boss is bugged. i was able to beat her, but i will gladly admit she’s bugged. we just got lucky eventually.

it is a shame because arah path 4 is so awesome until you get to the end.

“We just don’t want players…in Guild Wars 2.
No one enjoys [it]. No one finds it fun.” —Colin J.

tanksferaskin.6487

I can tell you with assurance that this path is broken. Anybody who has completed it has done so before they fixed her. I would love to see video otherwise of a kill in the last Week of a kill.

We had uber dps….and was burning her down EXTREMELY FAST….thats not the problem. We also got the sparks in very fast, the problem was as soon as she hit 50% she would hide again….rinse and repeat forever.

And yes you need a super group even to get this far, but our group was 2 Warriors, mesmer, necro and Guardian. Everybody with full exotics, and speced for DPS. Since it was our 4th attempt we planed it out well, keeping one person in dungeon while everybody re-speced, zerker gear….etc

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

wow that sounds very discouraging, why is one path of the dungeon nearly 10 times harder than the other 3?

(edited by ZilentNight.5089)

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Zilent, it would be impossible to lure all 5 sparks within 15 seconds. Not only do they not move fast enough, but the other players would screw up the aggro on it and make it a roll of the dice AND positionbased.

Posted by: Ammorth.3604

Ammorth.3604

Just ran this last night with our guildies, and no matter how we tried, we could not get her past 50%. If we DPSed our hearts out, 50%. If we only let two people DPS, 50%. There’s just no winning. Half of our group was reading bug reports/watching videos during the fight cause it made no difference, we brought her to 50% and she would basically restart the fight…

tanksferaskin.6487

I am happy to report that something was done in this fight to fix it. I can’t find any patch notes, but the sparks now will stay put. They are still a PITA to get in the holes, but this fight is now Doable. We used the 4 / 1 spark method, don’t know if that is a bug or way its is supposed to be intended. There is video out there to show how to get her.

Posted by: Voggixx.9086

Voggixx.9086

Ran this with a group of 2 warriors, mesmer, thief, guardian – all full exotic. Fight is completely impossible. A total epic fail of dungeon design. We were getting the sparks in place in under 10s and she still comes back with 80% health or more. Total crap, waste of time /ragequit.

Posted by: Copenhagen.7015

Copenhagen.7015

Just did this path today. We all noticed she was vanishing every 50% instead of every 45 seconds. Also getting stoned during spark phase. Sure enough I find this thread with the same problems. Waste of 3 hours.