Skill recharge transfering to other utilities

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Twitch.4635

Twitch.4635

I have no idea why this is still an issue this problem was around before molten LS even came about. Please fix this if this is not the way it was intended to be.

How can I have a 43 second cooldown on a skill that has a recharge of 24 seconds???? Somebody please explain this to me.

Attachments:

(edited by Twitch.4635)

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Yeah this is very annoying. Happens to me all the time when I have portal on CD on Mesmer. I’ve tried different ways of trying to avoid it. Such as moving the utility that on CD to another slot before changing the utility out….. As far as I can tell there’s no way around it and yes it’s terribly annoying.

I’m sure Anet knows about this as it’s been reported several times and it’s rather easy to reproduce. So Most likely they don’t plan on fixing it.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

This sounds like the usual interaction with the underwater bar.

For example if you use #7 then whatever skill you have set at the #7 underwater will also go on the same cooldown.

Andraus.3874

For example if you use #7 then whatever skill you have set at the #7 underwater will also go on the same cooldown.

I’m not sure what you are saying. So for example: if I put all signets on my Mesmer underwater bar I wont have the following happen? —- when I use portal, it goes on a long CD as usual> I switch decoy out for feedback utility> feedback now has the same long CD time as portal.

(edited by Andraus.3874)

Posted by: vana.5467

vana.5467

This is absurdly annoying.
For instance, when using any mesmer utility (tested just now with Blink, Mimic, Feedback and Signet of Midnight) Portal, Decoy or Mantra of Distraction will randomly be put on a recharge when you switch to them. That is, only one of them will and it will happen randomly between them.
For anyone who wants to verify this, go on your mesmer, use a utility and then cycle another utility slot between the 3 skills I mentioned above. One of them will go on the same cooldown.

edit: It’s been pointed out that the reason it happens to these specific skills for me is because those are my underwater utility picks.

(edited by vana.5467)

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I’m not sure what you are saying. So for example: if I put all signets on my Mesmer underwater bar I wont have the following happen? —- when I use portal, it goes on a long CD as usual> I switch decoy out for feedback utility> feedback now has the same long CD time as portal.

Yes but one of your signet will go on cooldown, whichever one shared the slot with portal. This also happens with the elite slot. For example if I use Tuna Morph and then go on land my Time Warp will be on cooldown.

If it still happens then it would be another bug.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Our QA Team is investigating this. Thank you for the details you’ve provided.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: direx.8207

direx.8207

Popping in here to say that this also happens with warrior Signets when switching utilities and another skill is on cooldown. It’s very annoying when I’ve got a banner on cooldown for over a minute and then my signet goes on cooldown for the same duration that the banner is on cooldown for.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Our QA Team is investigating this. Thank you for the details you’ve provided.

Quoting a post from ten months ago, with a video showing why it is happening and suggestions on how to fix it:

This bug has been reported multiple times, but thanks to many clues on the forum, here’s a reproducible scenario and a video.

This bug consists of 2 parts. Part 1:

• If you have a specific skill A in slot 7 underwater and slot it into slot 8 on terrain, that skill A will jump from slot 7 to slot 8 underwater as well, swapping places with skill B which was slotted in slot 8 before it. Works both ways, for terrain-water and water-terrain.

Part 2:

• When you have skill A in underwater slot 7, and then cast skill B which is in terrain slot 7, and then slot skill A into terrain slot 8, the slot 8 will go onto the same cooldown as terrain slot 7. When you go underwater, you will see that it happened due to the part 1 of the bug, as skill A which was on cooldown underwater jumped from underwater slot 7 to underwater slot 8, and then triggered back a cooldown on the respective terrain slot.

That sounds confusing, but if you take a look at the video, it gets pretty simple. More on this bug: listed as #22 here, video, separate topic, video, mentioned here as #1. This has been reported by a developer to be a traited skill cooldown issue, but apparently it is not.

Solution:

• All skills should stay in their respective places both underwater and on terrain, even if they’re the same skill.
  • If skill A is on cooldown in slot 7 on terrain, but is slotted underwater as 8, then slot 8 should be on cooldown underwater. Or it shouldn’t and slot 7 should, based on developers view of skill-slot concept, but under no circumstances should 2 slots go on cooldown.

I really hope this gets fixed in the feature patch. I like having my skills where they belong and not jumping around or going on dual cooldowns.

Currently it leads to an absurd situation: on new characters, I do not slot in any underwater utilities just to be safe when switching utilities on terrain.

20 level 80s and counting.

(edited by Lishtenbird.2814)

Posted by: vana.5467

vana.5467

Aha. So that’s why it’s those 3 skills (portal/decoy/MoD) for me.
Thank you, at least now I know how to work around it.

(edited by vana.5467)

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Aha. So that’s why it’s those 3 skills (portal/decoy/MoD) for me.
Thank you, at least now I know how to work around it.

Well, I currently slotted in Mimic, Signet of Midnight and Mirror Images in the underwater slots. I found those skills to be next to never used in PvE.

20 level 80s and counting.

Andraus.3874

Thanks for explaining the work around. I don’t have the issue anymore since I changed my water utilities to things that I never use