Skills disappearing

Skills disappearing

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Surek.3056

Surek.3056

Today I logged in after the most recent patch (the glyph of ele power one) and, as I did my daily gathering, I had some skills disappear from my character’s skill bar, totally randomly. For instance, my engi had no elite, and my ranger had no healing skill and no staff 5 (yes, just the 5). I had to swap weapons and as I swapped back to staff it said “Skill Learned, etc”.

So, yeah… not that I mind slotting skills again but you might want to look into that because apparently you broke something when you tweaked skills in this last patch.

Skills disappearing

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It’s noted in the Wiki’s Patch notes. There’s also some threads/posts about it here.

Skills disappearing

Posted by: Surek.3056

Surek.3056

Remove this post then, just wanted to give the devs a heads up

Skills disappearing

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Oh, I had noticed that too, my first utility skill was blank. I was like “huh? How could it get unset?”.

Where in the Wiki is it? Also I have read the whole patch notes and I didn’t seen anything about that.

(edited by shadow.6174)

Skills disappearing

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Oh, I had noticed that too, my first utility skill was blank. I was like “huh? How could it get unset?”.

Where in the Wiki is it? Also I have read the whole patch notes and I didn’t seen anything about that.

I can’t find any mention of this on the wiki.

For those unfamiliar, the wiki adds its own notes at the end of the verbatim copy of the what’s posted here and the most recent notes will always appear at

And specific dates are archives and can be found either by going through the archives or appending /YYYY-MM-DD, as in

In particular, the notes for Tuesday’s patch can be found at:

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Skills disappearing

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Skills disappearing

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Thanks for finding it. I wonder why it was removed.

That said, the QA team doesn’t scour the wiki for bug notes so they need to be reported in-game or here also.

Skills disappearing

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

Today, I kept all my skills after last night’s patch, but still “re-learned” Tidal Surge
(https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tidal_Surge) again on my Elementalist when switching into Water for the first time.

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

Skills disappearing

shadow.6174

That explains why I couldn’t find it, thanks. So, it seems it is some type of bug or some intern played some Trick-or-Treat on us (no candy, no skill) :P

Thanks for finding it. I wonder why it was removed.

Possibly because it’s recognized as bug and not an intended “feature”. As the edit description of that page says “Bugs do not belong in notes”.

(edited by shadow.6174)

Skills disappearing

Inculpatus cedo.9234

And yet, Bugs are often listed in the Wiki articles, at the bottom. I suppose it doesn’t matter.

Skills disappearing

shadow.6174

And yet, Bugs are often listed in the Wiki articles, at the bottom. I suppose it doesn’t matter.

Not sure if it was about what I said but I meant that bugs aren’t supposed to be in that Updates article and not that Wiki cannot have info about bugs. Articles related to the bugs has that info, as you mentioned.

Skills disappearing

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Not sure if it was about what I said but I meant that bugs aren’t supposed to be in that Updates article and not that Wiki cannot have info about bugs. Articles related to the bugs has that info, as you mentioned.

In fact, the wiki used to include certain bugs in the update notes, because it is the only place it makes sense to document them. The page for skill X documents bugs with skill X, but it won’t document the fact that update Y removed the skill from people’s builds — that’s because the bug isn’t with the skill, it’s an entirely different problem

The point of a rule such as “no bugs on the game update page” is that it’s usually the worst place to document a bug. The problem with the rule in this case is that leaves nowhere else_on the wiki_ that people would go to see that there is such a bug.

Skills disappearing

shadow.6174

In fact, the wiki used to include certain bugs in the update notes, because it is the only place it makes sense to document them. The page for skill X documents bugs with skill X, but it won’t document the fact that update Y removed the skill from people’s builds — that’s because the bug isn’t with the skill, it’s an entirely different problem

The point of a rule such as “no bugs on the game update page” is that it’s usually the worst place to document a bug. The problem with the rule in this case is that leaves nowhere else_on the wiki_ that people would go to see that there is such a bug.

Yup, I got it. But the question still remains… was it really a bug? I haven’t experienced it again and if nobody else does then we may never know that. [shrugs]

Skills disappearing

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Yup, I got it. But the question still remains… was it really a bug? I haven’t experienced it again and if nobody else does then we may never know that. [shrugs]

Of course it was a bug. There were several posts about it here, on reddit, and reports in the game. I’m glad you didn’t have to deal with it, but it was annoying coming on top of the other undocumented bug of people losing their bartender buffs from their guild hall.

Skills disappearing

shadow.6174

Of course it was a bug. There were several posts about it here, on reddit, and reports in the game. I’m glad you didn’t have to deal with it, but it was annoying coming on top of the other undocumented bug of people losing their bartender buffs from their guild hall.

Oh yeah, I was luck in my case it was just a slot that got cleared, I had read about that case with banners and others that had skills completely grayed out as if they hadn’t learned it. :S