Skills going on cooldown when changed

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

I found a skill on cooldown immediately after swapping it during play on my warrior. The skill had not activated, none of my other skills had any cooldowns, and the display was only counting down half the cooldown (so I don’t know how I could mis-click to do that). I then tried to reproduce the problem in Lion’s Arch while I was typing this up and got it twice more, but with many attempts in between where the skills changed correctly. It must be intermittent or have some more conditions. Anyway this I how I found the error once in Lion’s Arch.

1) Activated banner of defense with 120 second cooldown in slot #3.
2) Assigned banner of defense to slot #2, so slot #2 is on now cooldown and slot 3 is ready.
3) Assigned another skill to slot #3 and it inherited the former cooldown of the banner. Both utility 2 and utility 3 are now on cooldown for the remainder of the 120 seconds.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Yes, I recall seeing threads about this issue (skills sharing cooldowns) but “thanks” to the “working” search I can’t find which one was it :P. I remember it also happens when going in and out of water, when the same skill is in the same slot either underwater or on ground.

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Yes, I recall seeing threads about this issue (skills sharing cooldowns) but “thanks” to the “working” search I can’t find which one was it :P. I remember it also happens when going in and out of water, when the same skill is in the same slot either underwater or on ground.

Gosh I am glad someone else know that the “search” doesn’t work.

They can use a google engine for free but don’t… brainy.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Gosh I am glad someone else know that the “search” doesn’t work.

Lol, probably 12 of 10 forums users know that search is broken. Just it seems the devs don’t know yet or don’t know how to fix it yet.

@Lishtenbird.2814: thanks for the link, that was what I was talking about.

Posted by: draconx.3102

draconx.3102

Workaround is to equip your 3 most useless utilities underwater.