Skin Counts for Wardrobe but not Collection

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

Hello.

I received an Arah weapons chest from pvp. I took an axe out of it. I did not have the skin unlocked before. I was still in the arena when I opened the box.

I got the pop up for the skin being unlocked, but not the collection tracking pop up.

The skin is in my wardrobe, but shows as unacquired in the arah dungeon skin collection achievement. When I mouse over the item in my inventory it it says “skin unlocked” and the option to add to the wardrobe is grayed out.

I tried equipping it but that did not change anything.

Posted by: Dorid.1793

Dorid.1793

I have exactly the same problem.

Guild: Myth Andaar [MA]
“Rigor mortis, habeas corpus.”
GW2W: Dorid - Builds

SlothBear.9846

I earned another weapon box, this time I put it in my bank and opened it in pve, the skin (dagger) counted for both the wardrobe and the collection.

SlothBear.9846

So the next one I opened in the heart of the mists. This unlocked it for the wardrobe and collection. So far it looks like its limited to custom arenas.

SlothBear.9846

Welp. I’ve unlocked every other skin in the collection. This is now the last skin I need for the Dungeoneer title. In a few days I guess I will see what happens if I buy it again.

Dorid.1793

I opened another chest with Axe of the Dragon’s Deep this time in PvE but nothing unlocked.
After submiting ticket to support I got response:
“Thank you for contacting our team about a game issue that you experienced. The Guild Wars 2 Development Team is aware of this issue and team members currently are working on addressing it. Please keep an eye on the official forums for any future updates and announcements regarding Guild Wars 2.”

SlothBear.9846

Well that saves me from opening another chest I guess. Thanks for letting me know!

Guess we just have to wait.

SlothBear.9846

Here’s the response I got. I submitted a bug report when it first happened, and obviously this thread has existed since then too. Weird since the only other time I put in a support ticket they were really fast and addressed it right away.

GM Enigma (Guild Wars 2 Support)
Apr 11, 04:55

Hello [Name],

Thanks very much for letting us know about the issue that you noted in Guild Wars 2. In order for us to investigate, you can do us a favor by submitting an in-game bug report. This will send detailed information about your character and your position directly to our Quality Assurance Team and will help us kitten the issue as promptly as possible. To submit a bug report in the game, simply click on the “Game Menu” button in the upper left-hand corner of the game interface, then choose the “Support” option on the Game Menu. That option will allow you to review known issues, report a bug, or contact Customer Support.

You’re also welcome to report a game issue in the Bugs sub-forum of the Guild Wars 2 Forums (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs). You may include screenshots with your forum report, if you wish to do so. While we are unable to respond directly to each bug report that we receive on the forums or through the game interface, each report is reviewed and escalated, when appropriate.

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know about this issue.

Regards,

GM Enigma
Guild Wars 2 Support Team
http://support.guildwars2.com/

SlothBear.9846

Doesn’t seem like this was fixed in the patch for me. Anyone have any better results?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Doesn’t seem like this was fixed in the patch for me. Anyone have any better results?

I don’t remember that they said this was fixed in today’s patch notes.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

SlothBear.9846

They didn’t, but a lot of times these sorts of things get stealth fixed or unintentionally fixed so I figured I would try and see.

SlothBear.9846

The changes to collections in the patch did not fix this bug. Two months+ since first reported now. =/

Posted by: TheeBassmaster.3760

TheeBassmaster.3760

Still waiting for issue to be resolved as well. Have the same issue with kodan greatsword and it is also the only skin I need for Dungeoneer. Please address this bug!

Posted by: leniu.5879

leniu.5879

I’m struggling with similar issue for over 4 months, missing Dark Asuran Speargun in collection tab, every skin unlocked in the wardrobe. And SE is last collection I need to get my Dungeoneer collection done…

Attachments:

SlothBear.9846

Not that I think anyone was expecting it, but as far as I can tell the patch did not affect this bug at all it still remains in full force.

Dorid.1793

I thought after over three months they will fix this.

SlothBear.9846

I was at least hoping this issue would be on the radar by now. And hey yeah op is 3 months old. Happy Birthday!

Dorid.1793

So another patch in the wall and we still do not have fix or atleast ETA on that.

Posted by: hawkeward.7631

hawkeward.7631

I have this same problem with a couple Arah skins… every attempt to pursue a support ticket directed me to keep checking the forums for updates.

As far as I can tell, the only “fix” for this that has ever happened was back when they ironed out the issues with the Black Lion collections showing incorrect completion. I can only hope that they’ll do a similar resync of wardrobe and collections when Heart of Thorns comes out, at the least.

Posted by: Seckora.7253

Seckora.7253

I have this problem as well, except its Honor of the waves skins. specifically the medium chest armor and the short bow, I have the skins unlocked but it did not count in collections for the hotw collection achievement. Its still greyed out even tho I bought the short bow and medium chest armor 3 times.

SlothBear.9846

I have this same problem with a couple Arah skins… every attempt to pursue a support ticket directed me to keep checking the forums for updates.

As far as I can tell, the only “fix” for this that has ever happened was back when they ironed out the issues with the Black Lion collections showing incorrect completion. I can only hope that they’ll do a similar resync of wardrobe and collections when Heart of Thorns comes out, at the least.

Hmmm. Maybe there is hope then.

SlothBear.9846

So, the collections themselves are gone, BUT I GOT THE CHEST FOR FINISHING THE ARAH COLLECTION!!!! It was just there when I logged in.

This might mean when the collections come back it will be completed?

Posted by: darksome.1697

darksome.1697

I have a similar problem to this one, all the exotics that are part of a collection do not show “Collection” in their description any longer. I know they did before the LA patch, but since then they don’t. Other things, like the spoons and whatever show it in their description but not exotic weapons for instance. Could this be linked somehow?

Posted by: hawkeward.7631

hawkeward.7631

I got the collection completion when I logged in after today’s patch! No idea if the underlying problem has been fixed re: unlocking skins in custom arenas, though.

SlothBear.9846

Yup, I have no idea how it happened but this is FIXED for me now!