Sky Cristal Master achievement bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Plus.7209

Plus.7209

Something similar happened to me too. I have 40/40 sky crystals and 9/10 master crystals, and I can’t activate ANY crystal now. Even though I haven’t been to certain crystals, I can’t activate regular or master crystals.

Posted by: Kythrie.7653

Kythrie.7653

I have this too. fml

Posted by: Sitael.4680

Sitael.4680

Very similar to me:
on the 20th evening, i collected 5 of the 10 master cristals.
when i was logged in on the 21st after the first pach, the achivment was set back and told me i have only 1.
I have done then all the cristals but the achivment still says i have only 9/10.
I checked with http://dulfy.net/2014/05/21/gw2-sky-crystal-master-achievement-guide/ site, visited twice all the 10 cristals but non of them is active for me. I was looking for hours around if would be more master cristals but there are only those 10.
So i have 40/40 and 9/10.

Posted by: linwe.4236

linwe.4236

I’ve run into the same the issue. Sitting at 9/10 but can’t interact with any of the master sky shards.

Linwe ~ 80 Ranger | Clibni ~ 80 Guardian
Stormbluff Isle ~ Knights Templar

Posted by: xformulax.5462

xformulax.5462

I wonder if a recent patch bugged something? I got 40/40 and 10/10 on day one, no issues.

Posted by: Meregrand.6405

Meregrand.6405

still bugged 9/10 for me

Posted by: radiantglyph.9085

radiantglyph.9085

I believe I can confirm which crystal in particular is the one responsible.

http://dulfy.net/2014/05/21/gw2-sky-crystal-master-achievement-guide/

It’s crystal #5 in Dulfy’s guide.

I’ve been doing the crystals in order according to her guide and I can confirm that this was the crystal that didn’t progress my MSC achievement bar. The next crystal, #6, gave me the ‘5 Master Sky Crystals’ tier achievement splash. I double-checked, and I have indeed interacted with the other four crystals preceding #5 in Dulfy’s guide. #5 is the only one which didn’t properly register.

Five was a pain in the bismark to get to and it’s also no longer interactable so I’m guessing (hoping) that when this is fixed we’ll still be credited for it, right?

Posted by: graywing.6125

graywing.6125

Same here, I’ve collected them all, went back to all of them make sure I didn’t forget any and now I’m stuck on 8/10..

Posted by: Tatuin.9862

Tatuin.9862

Wow so this should be fun to be fix. Glad I am not the only one as I kept looking for hours on in.

Posted by: Arrow.4619

Arrow.4619

Also stuck at 9/10 – looked through Dulfy’s guide and rechecked most of them (not #5) none of them functioning.

Nerf Shadow Arts condition cleanse. Gut the
Acrobatics trait line. Then sell it back
to them for $50. Brilliant! – ghost of P.T. Barnum

Posted by: WinkyWisp.7651

WinkyWisp.7651

Same for me. 9/10.

Posted by: Arrow.4619

Arrow.4619

Finally made it back through all of them. Found my 10th. It was crystal #8 in dulfy’s guide. If you look directly beneath it there is another crystal in pretty much the exact same position (end of a mast). I think I must have thought I had it because I’d grabbed that crystal earlier and I wasn’t paying attention as to whether it was a master or normal crystal.

Nerf Shadow Arts condition cleanse. Gut the
Acrobatics trait line. Then sell it back
to them for $50. Brilliant! – ghost of P.T. Barnum

Posted by: Koviko.3248

Koviko.3248

I have the same issue. I double checked all 10. None can be activated. Stuck at 9/10 Sky Crystal Master.

It also might be worth noting that I had the 40 normal crystals before finding all 40… Assuming there were only 40.

(edited by Koviko.3248)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

There are 52 ordinary crystals and 10 master ones. I finished the regular 40 first and then the 10 master ones later.

Like Arrow.4619, there was a master crystal I was sure I had found/activated and I returned to it more than once to double-check…but it turned out I confused it with another crystal that I hadn’t activated.

In your shoes, Koviko, I’d systematically go through the 10 one more time, taking screenshots of each (so that the image includes the mini map and the relative height). Assuming you don’t suddenly discover the one you are missing that way, create a support ticket and include all 10 screenshot, with a (brief) description of the location.

If there’s a bug, that will provide ANet with the type of data they need to troubleshoot. If it’s not a bug, that will provide support with the type of data they need to help you resolve whatever is going on.

Good luck!

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Koviko.3248

Koviko.3248

Yup, it was user error. I was using Dulfy’s guide to get the two crystals I was missing and didn’t watch the video for the last crystal. Instead, I used the alternate route (since I wasn’t sure how to do a 50% damage reduction) which wasn’t clear about the crystal actually being in the rocks and not on the pole it instructs you to jump onto. This is the final image of that one:

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/gw2-master-sky-crystal-10f.jpg

The arrow is instructing you to jump to that place, but I assumed it was just showing me where I came from. My mistake.

No bug, here!

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Glad you got it sorted out! Good job troubleshooting it, too.

And gz on the achievement.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: ShadowbaneX.6273

ShadowbaneX.6273

I was at 60% when I started today. I then did the last four (9, 10, 8 and finally finished with 7 as Dulfy numbers them). When I did the last one, I should have gotten the achievement, but didn’t. My progress says I’m at 90%, but I had 6 and did 4 today, so something’s buggy.

Heroes of the Horn [HotH] – Yak’s Bend