Small Interface - screws up fonts

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

As you can see in the picture attached, when you enable “small” interface size, all the fonts get mucked up so you can hardly read anything as its all pixelated.

It’s been this way since as long as I can remember the feature being implemented, I’ve waited this long to say anything as I assumed anet were aware of this obvious bug and working to fix it but many months have passed and nothing has been fixed, so here I comment to highlight the issue.

Attachments:

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Had been like this since before launch. I have two machines side by side: one looks great and the other as yours. Both are set to small.

I haven’t tested, but I believe this may be fixed with either your OS or video card text antialiasing. I believe this is the case, because I’ve also noticed different fonts being shown on different machines.

Y/w Anet

Vashoom.8512

Hi Allisa, thanks for the suggestion but the graphics card, resolution or operating system is not the cause of the issue, as this happens on both my laptop and my pc which are completely different machines on different settings.

My PC (which screenshot above is from) is running win7 64bit, with an nvidia GTX-570, at 1920×1080 resolution.

My laptop (screenshot attached) is running win8 64bit, wtih an AMD (ati) Radeon™ HD 7670M, at 1600×900 resolution.

So as you can see, there are no similarities at all but the problem is consistent, so this would conclude the cause is with the game client rather than the pc hardware or settings.

I can’t say why you don’t have this problem on one of your computers, maybe if you could supply the details of the machine like I’ve done above, it may help arena net devs pinpoint the cause and fix this long term bug.

Attachments:

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

FINALLY realized the solution…

Enable “Best Texture Filtering”

Vashoom.8512

I tried this, makes no difference for me.
Using an nvidia gtx-570 on windows 7 64bit, using the latest drivers as of this post.