Snowden Drifts Leyline event not working

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: MattStriker.7032

MattStriker.7032

Tried several maps now…the event just doesn’t start. Players just standing around, waiting forever. It’s like a cold, rainbow-lit purgatory.

The other two, in Blazeridge and Maelstrom, work fine. Snowden, though…no luck.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’m guessing the new patch might have fixed it, but… I was in three different snowden maps; all worked fine.

If it happens again, please use the /ip command and include the web address when reporting the issue. Whether the bug is specific to a server or to a map, that will help ANet troubleshoot. Alternatively, use the in-game /bug reporting tool — that automatically captures the IP as well as useful other data.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

MattStriker.7032

Nope. I logged in just after the reset and got a fresh map. It worked…once. Sort of.

The first part of the event works, but the second part (the champion spawn) never starts. The event area is stuck in the fully active mode that it has during the fight, with gliding ley-lines active.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Worked on the map I am in…just missed it (IP .223). Just waiting for it to spawn, again.

But, previous to the patch, I was on another map (IP .230), and that one was stalled.

MattStriker.7032

Can you use the leylines for gliding on your current map while the event is inactive? That seems to be the telltale sign of a bugged map.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I finished all the content, so I didn’t really hang around to try gliding, afterward. Unfortunate that my Mastery lines are full of XP. =(

I couldn’t glide in the stalled map, before the patch, though. I did try.

Just an FYI…you don’t need the special Champion to spawn to get credit for the Achievement on the 3 different events. You can use the other maps to get the 5 Champions you need for the other Achievement.

Good luck.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

Posted by: Suoma.7693

Suoma.7693

It’s bugged for me too.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

It’s worked fine for me on the maps I’ve been on.

Edit: Strike that. The one I just logged onto was bugged. 64.25.38.224

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

Event is still bugged.

9:46 pm event started, first went fine. Second part coalescence did not spawn (9:50 pm) . Map of people standing there confused.

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

(edited by Siobhan.5273)

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Event is still bugged.

9:46 pm event started, first went fine. Second part coalescence did not spawn (9:50 pm) . Map of people standing there confused.

Same IP, still bugged.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

It just got bugged on 64.25.38.222

The defend event completed normally, but the champ event never started. There was briefly something at the base of the leyline that could trigger traps and put you in combat, though no enemy was visible and there were no damage numbers/combat log entries.

Now the leylines are all still active as if the event were still up, just like the other bugged map.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

It just got bugged on 64.25.38.222

The defend event completed normally, but the champ event never started. There was briefly something at the base of the leyline that could trigger traps and put you in combat, though no enemy was visible and there were no damage numbers/combat log entries.

Now the leylines are all still active as if the event were still up, just like the other bugged map.

This IP (222) is now bugged and the event won’t even start. I got this map awhile ago, and we’ve all been standing around waiting for it to start 10:13 pm (it is now 10:36 pm).

A wonderful person made a squad (The Dark Lord- thanks so very much, again!) and got us off that map.
IP 64.25.33.86 worked out fine.

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

(edited by Siobhan.5273)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Nope. I logged in just after the reset and got a fresh map. It worked…once. Sort of.

The first part of the event works, but the second part (the champion spawn) never starts. The event area is stuck in the fully active mode that it has during the fight, with gliding ley-lines active.

The problem is with the final champ scaling. I was on the map in snowden that bugged the event some 12 hours ago – people aoed the kitten out of place where the champion was supposed to spawn, and it died before the graphics for it even loaded. People got the drops, but achievement didn’t update and the event didn’t end.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November