So 2 years later and Anet hasn't fixed it

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Crawford.4135

Crawford.4135

Game still randomly pauses/freezes. People are still having issues since 2014 and Anet refuses to address it.

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

What random freezing and pausing? I dont have any of that. Maybe you have lag but Anet can’t fix that for you.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Cant fix what they cant replicate. You want them to fix something? You actually need to provide more information than just “yo kitten broke, fix it” to them. Perhaps you should take a look at your own system first. It’s far more likely your own stuff is borked in some fashion and causing issues. Seems the case when you seem disinclined to provide any sort of information.

Crawford.4135

For the past 2 years GW2, while playing, will do a ‘freeze/pause’ like it’s loading something. It’s random but ever 2-5 min. It’s the most annoying thing I have ever seen in a game.

I have, since then, changed out to a whole new system, too. So it’s not hardware.
I have, since then, changed out my ISP speed, modem and routher (3 different times in the past two years) So it’s not my ISP or ISP hardware

My System:
i7 5930 CPU (6-Core) (I have tried running game on 4 cores, too)
16 GB RAM @ 3000Mhz
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SLI (x2)
3-SSDs in RAID 0
1300 PSU

Re-installed the OS several times, obviously if I changed out all of the hardware to a new system.

Freeze/Pause happens for about 1.5 solid. Again randomly. I even tried running the game in Windows 7 and Windows 10. I even tried running it in compatibility mode in Windows 8.

Honestly you all can blame my system till our teeth bleed. When I have gone through a huge change of hardware the way I have and watched this game constantly, and randomly, go through it’s pausing issues – it’s not my hardware/ISP. It’s an issue in the game.

Anet has yet to figure out what is causing it and I’m just shocked, when in reality I really shouldn’t be because they’re famous for ignoring these types of issues because of pride, they continually ignore these odd issues within their products.

Honestly what I believe the problem is: GW2 doesn’t run well on 6Core Intel CPUs. Game works best on Duo’s still to this day. But GW2 does not state it works on 6Core CPUs. It’ll run fine but the issues I’m encountering are possibly do to the way the game see’s and handles 6Cores.

Let’s not forget it took them THREE years to fix the Scroll+RMB bug in the game before they finally figured out how to fix that issue.

(edited by Crawford.4135)

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

My game experience is nothing like yours, and my rig is not even close to as good. Not sure what to tell you.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You say you have the issue on 4 cores, as well. I run on 4 cores, and don’t have this issue.

I’ve not seen too many posts about pausing/freezing every few minutes over in the Tech Support sub-forum (which is where this belongs), thus, it must not be wide-spread, but you would do best to post there, and submit a ticket to the Tech CS team.

Good luck.

Crawford.4135

I play on an iMac with much worse specs than yours via bootcamp Windows and have never had that problem. Maybe you should contact support and see what they suggest.

Comparing an Apple to an Egyptian Stone Pick is not helpful.

They’re cut-n-paste practice didn’t help last time.

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

For the past 2 years GW2, while playing, will do a ‘freeze/pause’ like it’s loading something. It’s random but ever 2-5 min. It’s the most annoying thing I have ever seen in a game.

I have, since then, changed out to a whole new system, too. So it’s not hardware.
I have, since then, changed out my ISP speed, modem and routher (3 different times in the past two years) So it’s not my ISP or ISP hardware

My System:
i7 5930 CPU (6-Core) (I have tried running game on 4 cores, too)
16 GB RAM @ 3000Mhz
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SLI (x2)
3-SSDs in RAID 0
1300 PSU

Re-installed the OS several times, obviously if I changed out all of the hardware to a new system.

Freeze/Pause happens for about 1.5 solid. Again randomly. I even tried running the game in Windows 7 and Windows 10. I even tried running it in compatibility mode in Windows 8.

Honestly you all can blame my system till our teeth bleed. When I have gone through a huge change of hardware the way I have and watched this game constantly, and randomly, go through it’s pausing issues – it’s not my hardware/ISP. It’s an issue in the game.

Anet has yet to figure out what is causing it and I’m just shocked, when in reality I really shouldn’t be because they’re famous for ignoring these types of issues because of pride, they continually ignore these odd issues within their products.

Honestly what I believe the problem is: GW2 doesn’t run well on 6Core Intel CPUs. Game works best on Duo’s still to this day. But GW2 does not state it works on 6Core CPUs. It’ll run fine but the issues I’m encountering are possibly do to the way the game see’s and handles 6Cores.

Let’s not forget it took them THREE years to fix the Scroll+RMB bug in the game before they finally figured out how to fix that issue.

its probably Windows
I had to disable Windows Defender because it was forcing some of my games to slam to 1-3 FPS at random so this sounds to be the most likely

my system isnt even half as powerful as yours and it runs pretty smooth so try that first

as for gw2 not supporting anything beyond 2 cores properly , the game is stable for me on an 8 core , it does not give the game more performance But it stops it from losing performance when you multitask so more cores are always useful specially if you stream

(edited by Rezzet.3614)

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Background tasks, others on the same wifi (Netflix!!) are notorious for slowing things down.
Streamlining services, scheduled tasks, AV scans and the like are highly recommended, not saying you haven’t OP but just trying to help you brainstorm.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Hasn’t happened to me and I’ve had the game installed on five different machines over time.

I’m sorry, OP, that your game keeps freezing. I recommend you try to work with support to figure out what’s going on. It’s possible it’s the game, but it’s also possible it’s something on your system. Some anti-malware programs cause hiccuping in some (but not all) applications, for example. I had a friend that had a hiccup that turned out to be due to some program checking for an update in scheduled tasks.

Regardless, if it’s not the game: support can help track it down. And if it is the game, they’ll need to work with you directly anyhow, to get data on what exactly is going on.

Good luck.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Malakir.3710

Malakir.3710

I had this happen to me yesterday and yesterday only, never had it happen ever before that. Hasn’t happened since yesterday, not sure what it was. Happened in Dragon’s Stand, no one else was complaining so I just assumed my PC was dying.

Posted by: len.7809

len.7809

if Pause / Freeze is like you are playing, and all the screen freezes and few seconds later it back to normal. that is FPS drop, if not, i dont know what u mean with pause/ freeze