Some bank items only visible to Beta Chars

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: DravenAU.5789

DravenAU.5789

All my excess Dragonite Ore that is sitting in the bank waiting for me to consume had disappeared. After the second to last Beta event I thought I must have finally consumed it all and though I was confused I didn’t think much of it.
Then during the last Beta event I made a new Beta character again. That’s when I noticed all the Dragonite Ore still sitting there. I had a facepalm moment and then went to log in my main to start consuming more… but it wasn’t visible to my main, only my Beta character.
I tried moving things around with both characters to see if I could get it to react, but no.
My Beta characters can see the 6 stacks of Dragonite Ore in my bank and my normal characters cannot.
I honestly have no idea what else may be missing for my normal characters. The Dragonite Ore just stood out because it was right where I left it after I had noticed it gone.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

The beta characters are a copy of your account that was made when the beta started.

So all you change in the bank after that will be totally independent from each other.
Remove stuff from your normal bank doesn’t show on your beta accounts and
vice versa.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

DravenAU.5789

I’m sorry… I’m confused. Did you just explain why stuff that I had in my Bank has suddenly turned invisible to my normal characters? I can’t tell if you’re trolling or if I wasn’t clear about the problem.

Dragonite Ore. 6 Stacks. Collected over a couple of years. Been sitting in the bank up until they released Princess.
Two Beta weekends ago I created a character and played for about 15 minutes.
Dragonite Ore disappeared.
Last Beta weekend I noticed that the Dragonite Ore is still there, just that it’s only visible to my Beta characters.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can contact the CS Team via the ‘Support’ link above/below and ‘Submit a Request’ for assistance.

Good luck.

DravenAU.5789

Ahh… right…. thanks…
I thought this WAS the place as it’s the Support/Bugs section. =)
Ok… support ticket raised.
Thanks for that. Appreciated.

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

Ok, on the first beta you participated in, a copy of your account was created. With everything you had in the bank at that point.

- Your Beta-Characters are on a copy of your account. Not on your real account!
- Any changes that you do on your account will not appear on the copy and vice versa. So you using up all the dragonite ore on your account was not reflected on your Beta-Copy. On the other hand all the stuff your Beta-Characters found and put in the bank is not reflected on your account.

Beta and Non-Beta Characters are on two separate accounts. Any changes to one account will not appear on the other.

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I’m sorry… I’m confused. Did you just explain why stuff that I had in my Bank has suddenly turned invisible to my normal characters? I can’t tell if you’re trolling or if I wasn’t clear about the problem.

It was the second .. your post was too confusing.

I thought you deleted dragonite on you “real” account and now were wondering
why there is still dragonite on your beta character.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.