Something Happen to Lupi Since Patch?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Minka.9273

Minka.9273

My guild and I have been running Arah all week for guildmates who need tokens and/or completion of paths, and tonight we were just met with constant difficulties, especially with Lupi. He seems to be hitting with an “invisible” attack that you cannot see so that you can try and avoid/evade it (not the bouncing blast attack between the red circles); his Lupine Blast is hitting for people’s full health when previously it would consume about half (thus allowing people to get a heal off and stay alive); and people seem to be getting disabled when he hits you from his death shroud even though it says they’ve successfully evaded it.

Just wanted to mention this since there was a patch today and Arah did get a tweak.

Posted by: lnguy.5127

lnguy.5127

Haven’t played arah since patch. Which path did you do? I wonder if the added a we to p1 after the Shoggroth, that bug has been there since game’s launch. The patch note was very vague on which we the added for p1.

Posted by: Minka.9273

Minka.9273

We went back and did another run the next day (yesterday) and while the invisible attack was still there, we were able to play as usual. I couldn’t say if it was us or the dungeon, but he didn’t seem to be hitting for as much the next day. I’ll chalk it up to the patch and be glad it was a smoother run. :-) Thanks for the reply!

Posted by: GEORGERAVEN.8569

GEORGERAVEN.8569

The first thing to note; lupis (almost) random spray attack of which produces the red rings are only rough indicators similar to an engineers grenades. The projectiles themselves are also aoe splash, meaning if the projectile impacts onto the extremities of its range then a further aoe larger than the circle is induced. This is and people forget when lupi targets and individual and fires a ranged projectile that projectile has no ring and can be incredibly difficult to spot. Both of these can produce your “invisible” AOE’s.
this is an extremely common perception from my (too) many runs of ARAH in all paths.
The additional damage however, this one is the issue. I see two possibilities the first, if you are being hit by invisible AOE’s how would you know if you we’re not unlucky as struck twice? The second could it be a perceived difference, or may be latency issues causing more collisions than is otherwise seen, as you said yourself it was purely that 1 instance that was the issue.

I hope this helps, speaking from high experience of ARAH and all it’s subtleties.