Soothsayer Jacinda Bug [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: hypnoticangel.7328

hypnoticangel.7328

I have talked to Soothsayer Jacinda more than once, but I keep getting her message everytime I enter Lion’s Arch. My character has already finished her level 80 PS with Victory or Death, so she doesn’t need to have her balanced realigned.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Cliodna.8351

Cliodna.8351

Dear A-net,

Everytime I enter LA i get a mail from Soothsayer Jacinda. While I finished my personal story. I did not get stuck before/in/after chapter 7. When I talk to her, she does nothing.

According wiki: Added an NPC in Lion’s Arch, Soothsayer Jacinda, who will attempt to restore characters who have become stuck in chapter 7 after the “Forging the Pact” story step and who have no active quest as part of their personal storyline

Spamming NPC’s who wants them

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

I have the same thing, its bugged, I have the personal story complete on my toon, and everytime I enter LA I get this message to go see her.

Posted by: Jadzia Moonglow.6047

Jadzia Moonglow.6047

Apparently she has been located near Lion’s Court at the center of LA.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Apparently she has been located near Lion’s Court at the center of LA.

Thanks.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Damio Roncartia.7041

Damio Roncartia.7041

Can we please get a quick fix for this. It is getting rather tiresome.

Damio Roncartia.7041

I know there are probably bigger fish to fry, but this is a very annoying bug if you swap between characters or do fractals. Every time I leave fractals of the mists to go back into LIon’s Arch, every time I move to another character in Lion’s Arch. And it doesn’t stop. I have six messages in the mail, and none of the characters receiving them have broken quests. Please fix this. Please.

Posted by: JmoolZZ.6251

JmoolZZ.6251

Bump to fix. this npc spam is not fun.

Posted by: Dellumn.1490

Dellumn.1490

Yeah was on my 11th letter. Reported the bug earlier today. I never needed realigning. I am on chapter 12 of HoT story. Everytime you logon/switch characters and back u get another ingame mail.

Posted by: notevenhuman.9371

notevenhuman.9371

I tried talking to her and accepting her quest but it does nothing. It’s definitely bugged. :C

Posted by: Trystia.8206

Trystia.8206

Can we just disable the mail altogether until this is fixed? It’s really annoying, and is probably affecting FAR more people than were ever affected by the bug… and those who are affected will now have the info needed to find this NPC anyway.

Posted by: aikatara.3462

aikatara.3462

I have this bug as well. It is really annoying. Also tried talking to her but nothing works. But there is no reason for my character to talk to her anyway since I have completed the personal story as well as Living World season 2. Only the HoT story is not completed.

Posted by: Koomaster.9176

Koomaster.9176

I have this bug on my engineer who already completed the personal story. The first one I received I had to check to make sure it wasn’t from another player in the game. The way the letter is worded and how we keep getting spammed with them every time we go to LA it makes it seem like an ad flyer for a psychic.

‘Ah yes your fate is misaligned, come to Soothsayer Jacinda! She knows all and sees all. The spirit world is but a waypoint away in Soothsayer Jacinda’s shop. Tarot Cards, Palm Readings and Mystical Trinkets await you there. Fix your fate today!’

Posted by: King Usagi.4360

King Usagi.4360

I keep getting this in my mail on 1 Char [Shinigami Usagi] and I have tried speaking to Jacinda but it doesn’t do anything and when I relog I get the mail again, it is starting to annoy me, this char has also completed PS

Damio Roncartia.7041

Still a prevalent problem with constant spam. Wish the devs would at least acknowledge this.

Damio Roncartia.7041

There have already been a few threads about this, but most of them have rather simple titles. I’m wondering if they might be being skipped over because of this. To emphasize the problem, I am done with the story quest on multiple characters. However every time I zone into Lion’s Arch, I get mail. Whether this be through logging in, leaving fractals, or zoning in from other maps. She spams my inbox with a message that does not pertain to me every single time. While a minor problem in the grand scheme of what probably needs to be addressed, it is getting tiresome very, very fast. Talking to her does not rectify the situation, as her dialogue options are not actually able to be clicked. I know I am not the only one dealing with this issue either. I’d really like to see it fixed. Thank you.

Posted by: Lilianne.5839

Lilianne.5839

same issue on my tempest everytime i move waypoints in LA or load into LA i get that mail

Posted by: Owea.3471

Owea.3471

Same here with my necro aswell. My main guardian isnt getting it. I dont know if this because I did all s2 and HoT with it and not with necro or I choosed different orders with each of them. Probably about orders. Anyone know if they confirmed this bug ?

Posted by: VincentDrake.9361

VincentDrake.9361

I am also having this issue, and while everyone here has described the issue, I would like to add what actually caused the issue for me. I was playing with a friend and helping them with their story missions. After we completed the mission Soothsayer checks for, I got a mail because I had completed that mission but had no active story missions (because I had completed my story already). I also attempted to correct the issue by replaying the final Heart of Thorns story quest, and while the mail stopped arriving while the quest was active, it started again as soon as I had finished the quest. Hope this helps you fix it.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I randomly got the mail tonight as I was standing at the bank in Lion’s Arch, and I got it on a character that has completed all of the personal story. Weirdness.

Posted by: Fiennis.4387

Fiennis.4387

I’m having the same issue on multiple characters. I talk to the NPC and nothing happens. I don’t even know what this is all about, the dialogue is extremely vague.

Dellumn.1490

Same situation as OP, bumping in hopes it gets addressed cause its very annoying… I don’t think www.PVP-GOLD.com spams me this much lol, I kid I kid, I figure its not a top priority but man is it annoying. Please A-net your our only hope! <3

Posted by: Lyger.5429

Lyger.5429

Affected by this as well.

Posted by: paulv.5361

paulv.5361

same issue really annoying every time in and out of fractals I get another mail ! Pls fix

Posted by: Scott Wollman.6124

Scott Wollman.6124

i am also affected by this on my ranger

Posted by: Enxas.9385

Enxas.9385

I have completed my personal story years ago and im still receiving mails from this NPC, i talked to her many times but it didnt fix anything. I’m still receiving letters when i enter lions arch.

Damio Roncartia.7041

I’ve just moved all toons to another town until this gets fixed. It’s still going on and seriously annoying. Please disable this NPC’s messaging until it is fixed.

(edited by Damio Roncartia.7041)

Posted by: Lorin.9564

Lorin.9564

Same here with my ranger aswell. I talk to the NPC and nothing happens. I already completed the personal story and no other HOT Story or Chronicle activated. Please fix this bug. Thanx

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

talked to her to not accept …. get an email each time

talked to her and accepted …. got extra missions I did not want and still get emails

bug, please fix

Posted by: daddyattitude.3928

daddyattitude.3928

After doing Fractals all day yesterday, I had to remove approximately 10-14 notifications from Soothsayer Jacinda.
I reported this as a bug today as it is occurring again.
Please fix this or let me know what is required of me to have this stop.

P.S. The SEARCH function of this web site is not working. I tried to search for this thread using “soothsayer” and “Jacinda” as criteria and it did not display in the results.

Posted by: gegorn.2185

gegorn.2185

Same, annoying, please fix.

Posted by: ChromaKey.9763

ChromaKey.9763

After 4/19’s update, every time I go to LA, I get a message from Soothsayer Jacinda on my mail. It’s flooded with messages and she doesn’t stop. I already spoke to her and based on the release notes, the NPC is for a bug in the personal story. Here is the thing: I already did my personal story, I already beat Zaithan. I also finished my Season 2 living story. I don’t have HoT so I don’t have anything active on my top right corner (green). Even if I try to replay any of the Season 2 living story chapters, she still spams me with messages. It only happens on that toon that I’ve completed the story. The rest of my toons are not even close to that story.

Seems I’m not the only one on this boat from LA’s map chat.

Thanks

Chroma Key

Posted by: Bieeanda.3781

Bieeanda.3781

I have the same issue. I keep getting the same message on a character who’s completed the original story arc, and run both Living Story missions up to the end (though hasn’t completed either— I’m lazy). I’ve spoken with the soothsayer, which has apparently done nothing but set my current story mission to blank.

This character was created during the period in which the Zhaitan story was shortened, and that one ‘deepest fear’ story achievement was inaccessible.

Actually, I just checked: I’m getting the same message on a character that I know completed every mission of the Zhaitan arc, so that can’t be it.

Posted by: Mizukiaki.8590

Mizukiaki.8590

The issue I have with this is, I decided to fix my story and turns out you have to do the who;e dang story starting with getting the orb to killing Zhaitan again! So I left my elementalist, who had finished her personal story before I took the stupid quest to fix the story, at the temple of the forgotten god part and said screw it. I am not doing the whole dang thing over again!

Great games come and go, but the Awesome games are endless!!
Matron Kaldona Kye, Mesmer GW since launch.
Matron Kaldona Kye, Sylvari Chronomancer GW2 since closed Beta.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

For anyone ending here that wonders about that NPC, here is more info about it: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Soothsayer_Jacinda

For the OP, possibly you were affected by that bug sometime ago and it got “registered” in your account, even though you finished it. It’s just a guessing but that could be. Also, that NPC is related to Personal Story and has nothing to do with HoT or LS Season 2.

Anyhow, maybe a good thing would be to contact Support, since their “fix” could have gone a bit out of control possibly.

EDIT: since threads got merged this post may not be so relevant anymore and the “OP” I mentioned is somewhere else now.

(edited by shadow.6174)

Posted by: kirima san.3760

kirima san.3760

Ever since the 19th patch each time I enter LA I get two “Your Fate is Clouded” mails. This means that if I login, I get 2, when I teleport out and come back I get another two etc. It gets bothersome.

From what I understand this mail should come if you had some issue during personal story, but the thing is I had no issues when I did it a long time ago.

Attachments:

Posted by: TheSakMan.8497

TheSakMan.8497

she must REALLY want you wink

shadow.6174

Have you tried to speak to her? Maybe that will go away if you do so. More info about the NPC at http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Soothsayer_Jacinda.

Posted by: klance.5780

klance.5780

Same here, I completed the PS on most characters and yet I’ll keep getting the mail on several of them every time I enter LA. I talked to the NPC which did nothing. It’s kinda annoying after a while.

Posted by: Archranis.2375

Archranis.2375

I’ve gotten 20-30 of those in the last few days. Talked to the NPC multiple times. Had the story finished long ago too. So tried restarting/quitting chapters — no change.

[JUGs] Just Us Grownups — http://jugs-guild.com
Contacts: Archranis.2375 // Neksis Syxx.6983

Posted by: Tyberius of Ranik.3049

Tyberius of Ranik.3049

This is at least the third thread opened about this since the April 19th update, though they keep getting buried by other bug reports. So far, this has not been addressed by anyone at ANET, and it is not on their bug tracker.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Soothsayer-Jacinda-1
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Soothsayer-Jacinda-Bug

I, too, have this bug, and talking to her does not fix anything. It began after the 19th update, on it occurs on my primary character who has completed all PS, LW1, LW2, and HoT quests. Now, since the 19th, my PS story has been reverted to Chapter 7, which is what this bug was designed to fix. I have not figured out a way to fix it.

Posted by: Tyberius of Ranik.3049

Tyberius of Ranik.3049

Found this on another thread. Appears a fix is in the works.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Soothsayer-Jacinda-Your-Fate-is-Spammed

Dellumn.1490

Just here waiting on a fix… and bumping the topic again.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

And… fixed with our hotfix update today!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

Except the same issue I have is still happening. I speak to her, and it removes my story, but upon mapping to a new zone it still shows that I am continuing my story. I don’t want to finish it but I’m tired of it being on my screen. I thought speaking to her would fix that issue.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Except the same issue I have is still happening. I speak to her, and it removes my story, but upon mapping to a new zone it still shows that I am continuing my story. I don’t want to finish it but I’m tired of it being on my screen. I thought speaking to her would fix that issue.

The issue that was addressed through today’s bug fix was the one related to getting a mail every time you enter Lion’s Arch. I can see your situation is different. It may be advisable to contact Customer Support to have them look into this for you.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I don’t think it’s possible to remove unfinished Stories from the UI. You can only switch between different unfinished stories.

The only way to remove all Stories is to finish them.

Edit: typo

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

shadow.6174

P.S. The SEARCH function of this web site is not working. I tried to search for this thread using “soothsayer” and “Jacinda” as criteria and it did not display in the results.

Yup, search in this forum has been broken for ages (see the sticky thread for alternatives). Not going further on this subject though as it’s not related to this thread.

Posted by: lostelf.3591

lostelf.3591

Is Soothsayer Jacinda even there anymore? Or has she turned into a wagon? Because when I go to the spot where she should be in Lion’s Arch, an empty wagon is all I see.

Dellumn.1490

So the bug was introduced in April 19th patch…. gets fixed, almost two weeks later…..its back again….. I just love getting spam mail…… This is worse than www.pvp-gold.com spam.