Sound bug

Sound bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: ManaPraxula.9314

ManaPraxula.9314

A few weeks noticed I my asura did not had any speech and neither did any other npc but today I noticed something curious. Normally when you turn away from a npc the sound becomes softer/a bit more robotic and when you turn to them it turns into a clear proper voice. On my computer it seems like this is turned around. When I face a npc it turns soft/robotic but when I turn away it becomes clear. Repairing does not fix it.

Is their anything that can be done about this?

Sound bug

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

I noticed that I lost sound entirely somtimes. Messing around with sound quality seems to reset the problem.

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

Sound bug

Posted by: ManaPraxula.9314

ManaPraxula.9314

Can I ask what kind of sound settings you are using now? Thanks!

Sound bug

Posted by: Cody Crichton.7516

Cody Crichton.7516

Sound Designer

This a problem caused by having a playback device configured for surround sound at the device driver level when your hardware device is only stereo. What happens in this scenario is that audio is being directed toward a ‘center’ speaker that doesn’t physically exist and so you lose the sounds that happen directly on your character or right in front of them.

Configuring your device drivers to output 2.1 stereo should solve the problem.

Sound bug

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

If you need them, here are some steps and screenshots that can assist with making the changes to your audio settings Mr. Crichton diagnosed as solving this issue. I hope they help.

Win7/8:

• Control Panel
  • Sound
  • Hit Configure button in the dialogue box.
  • Select the appropriate Stereo or Headphones option.

Win XP:

• Control Panel
  • Sounds and Audio Devices
  • Volume Tab
  • Lower “Speaker Settings” area
  • Advanced button
  • Then under the “Speaker Setup” drop-down menu, select “Stereo Headphones”.

Also, if you are using a Logitech (or other) headset and are running the configuration software that came with it, you may want to check to see if it is running in Surround Sound mode, or if you have the “Surround Sound” button enabled inside that software. This can conflict with the speaker setup settings at the device driver level and potentially override the stereo changes made there.

Attachments:

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Sound bug

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Normally when you turn away from a npc the sound becomes softer/a bit more robotic and when you turn to them it turns into a clear proper voice.

Curiously I have noted something like that. When I’m facing the speaker NPCs their voice is clear and normal, but when I turn around their voice becomes robotic. From what I recall it wasn’t this way before but I noted it recently. None of my sound settings changed.