Sound crash, getting low fps after

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Immobilize.7461

Immobilize.7461

For some time now, I’m getting some times a sound bug. Where my sound crashes, all sound disappear and give a crackling sound. Plus my fps drops low from 60fps to 14fps.

This happens during WvW, can’t remember if it happen outside WvW, but a restart is required. Switching sound device does not help.

As this happen during massive fighting I have no idea what causes it. And it happen once a day, to once a week.

Playing on windows 10, (happen with windows 8 aswell)

Cpu: I7-4771 3.5ghz
Ram: 16gb ram
Soundcard: Asus B85-E motherboard onboard soundcard real tek HD
Soundcard2: (Via hdmi) Sony Bravia 32" KDL-32ex700
Microphone: USB driver Blue Yeti
GFX: Gf 780 GTX

If you wan’t more infomation or want me to run a recording application of when it happens, I will help.

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

I have this too sometimes. The sound disapears compleatly or partially and the FPS just plummits. When I restart the client i always get an error message. Unfortunatley I dont have the fancy data.

Kima & Co

Posted by: Immobilize.7461

Immobilize.7461

I have this too sometimes. The sound disapears compleatly or partially and the FPS just plummits. When I restart the client i always get an error message. Unfortunatley I dont have the fancy data.

Yeah forgot to mention that aswell, closing the client. Result in a error.

Posted by: skillze.7689

skillze.7689

this bug has been in the game since the start of guild wars 2 i have encountered it many times and reported it using the in game bug feature, but its still not been resolved

Posted by: tiny.9307

tiny.9307

I was wondering, is it because you have 2 sound-cards and maybe it could cause this kind of lag, or other pple have only one sound card and it is actually crashing?

Have you also tried to play without sound?

Posted by: quacthulhu.2546

quacthulhu.2546

crackling sounds are usually not good, and tend to be from interference or some sort of grounding issue. Double check that your separate sound card is properly installed, take some canned air and dust the heck out of your internals (even if you clean regularly already), check that the connections of the sound ports on the side of your motherboard aren’t loosened from use/cord movements. If there’s some sort of short it might explain the sound drop combined with FPS drop.

Character Slot avoided Riot.
- – - — -- — – - -