Sound disappears, fps getting lower and lower

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

The funny thing is that nearly nobody here posted what soundcard / driver
they use, even since this is clearly a problem related to sound.

Most people won’t know how to find that. Answers you are likely to get at best might be a model of a pc or laptop, or could be generic like ‘AMD’ or ‘Intel’, or at best ‘Realtek’. Which is made even more complicated when you realize USB headsets count as sound devices themselves and have their own drivers. Yeah, people won’t think that their headsets could be the cause of their issues. And on top of all that, it is not so easy for the general person to know what their sound hardware is. For instance, I knew mine was Realtek, but I couldn’t remember which one. Of course, I am able to open the Realtek audio application and see that I have ALC887, but not everyone has the actual sound manager application for their audio hardware, and trying to find that out without knowing where to look or how to look… Good luck.

I have only ever had the sudden fps issue occur 1 time, and it is entirely possible it was a result of an overclock that became unstable in summer heat but I forget exactly when it did occur. Sometime earlier this year.

The suggestion to check drivers and update them is precisely what people should do.

Posted by: Juurekas.8310

Juurekas.8310

This has happened to me maybe twice within the last 14 months, but during the last 48 hours it has happened 4-5 times. So my sound either disappears (leaves only music or something) or loops something weird, and FPS drops below 20. Two first times it started exactly when my first vine in mordremoth event died. The rest have been totally random cases, just now it happened when I was running towards a failing tequatl run. And if I try to leave the game it will freeze, and I have to force quit.
My friend had this bug last night too.
Usually my computer runs GW2 absolutely beautifully.

Posted by: Raap.9065

Raap.9065

I had this exact issue recently at a random moment on a random PvE map. Sound was hanging at the ’waypoint’ noise and my FPS was dropping rapidly. Could not alt+F4, could not alt-tab because the in-game cursor would ’overlap’ on the task manager and prevent me from clicking anything... I had to force a reboot.

Windows 10 as well. This exact problem never occurred for me on Windows 7.

On a likely related note, GW2 doesn’t alt-tab properly on Windows 10.

Swift Mending – Guardian
Thorny Scrub – Thief
Desolation

(edited by Raap.9065)

Posted by: MrDaaark.2604

MrDaaark.2604

I keep having this problems in areas with firepit or torch ambient sounds, such as Fireheart Rise and the Ascalonian catacombs. The game will keep spawning and playing more and more instances of torch fire sounds until it crashes. I then have to kill it from the task manager.

This has only been happening to me since the last patch.

Happened again just now. I was at Thunder Ridge camp and alt tabbed out. When I clicked into the window I got hit with more and more torch sounds until I crashed.

I like the irony of “going up in flames” though.

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Happens A few times a week, after a few hours of gw2 running and alt tabing it in fullscreen mode.

Imac mid 2011 21inch

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/